FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Between next year and 2017, each team may only use a 2007-spec engine design that is to be "delivered (to the FIA) no later than 31 March 2008," a statement announced.

At the third annual Motor Sport Business Forum in Monaco this week, FIA President Max Mosley explained the decision to freeze engines in Formula One.

"There is no need to develop an F1 engine any further. The engine runs at 19,000 rpm which is far faster than any comparable engine. It sounds good, it's reliable and amazingly the six partially frozen engines of the current manufacturers are really evenly matched," the Briton said in his keynote speech.

The FIA on Friday also announced that teams may only use one wind tunnel in 2008 and beyond, and banned 24 hour use of such facilities. In addition scale models must not exceed 60 percent.

Other restrictions will be placed on Rig Testing, Design and Manufacturing, Suspension and Brakes, Hydraulic Systems, Bodywork, Weight Distribution, Circuit Testing and the number of personnel at races.

Wow, they're getting serious with the money saving: wind tunnel, other restrictions, personnel at races...
By certom
i'm wondering...how many peoples will they send to the teams' factories to check their work?!
By 7UpJordan
i'm wondering...how many peoples will they send to the teams' factories to check their work?!

They'll send Hans Blix the UN inspector around. :P
By certom
and they will send charlie whiting to ahmadinejad to check how the nuclear tests are going!
By McLaren Fan
I'm not particularly fond of these measures at all...
By Selcouth_Feline
I think about the only thing they aren't restricting is the KERS
By darwin dali

And I didn't read any new restrictions on the size of the pit babes' bikinis :wink:

Yet!
By madbrad

And I didn't read any new restrictions on the size of the pit babes' bikinis :wink:

Yet!

For years there has been an unwriten rule that no one bigger than size 6 may show her body in swimwear at an F1 event.
By 8-ball
these measures will help cut costs but will also in the long run hurt f1 as being regarded as the pinnacle of motorsport.
By bud
f*** f1! ten years time it will be nothing anyway
By madbrad
Seems crazy they can dictate what teams do in their own factories, outside race weekends, what hours they can run a wind tunnel, how big a scale model can be, it's crazy. They're spinning out of control.
By darwin dali

Yet!

For years there has been an unwriten rule that no one bigger than size 6 may show her body in swimwear at an F1 event.

What's the equivalent of size 6? C or D cup? :?::lol:
By McLaren Fan
Seems crazy they can dictate what teams do in their own factories, outside race weekends, what hours they can run a wind tunnel, how big a scale model can be, it's crazy. They're spinning out of control.

The FIA is turning Formula One into a "nanny state". What next won't teams be allowed to do? In a few years time the cars will have to last a full season. If a driver crashes, for instance, and new parts are needed, there will be a ten-place starting grid penalty. Anyhow, I'd better stop, for I don't want to be giving them ideas.
By madbrad
Lose a barge board in a curb romp, lose tend grid spots next race. Genius!

Maybe they should make the tires last the whole season. I know mine do!
By darwin dali
Lose a barge board in a curb romp, lose tend grid spots next race. Genius!

Maybe they should make the tires last the whole season. I know mine do!

Barge boards? What barge boards? No such things anymore!

Tires? What tires? No such things anymore! Wooden wagon wheels are the future. I have it straight from the horse's mouth that Windyhill Woods LLC are negotiating to take over from Bridgestone:
http://www.windyhillwoods.com/

See our F1 related articles too!