FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I know this is a lame topic, and quite trivial....

But I'm too tall to drive most cars, particularly European ones. I can't even fit my knees under the steering wheel in my favourite - A Subaru WRX. All I can fit in are Holdens, Fords, and Toyotas.

Anyways, I know it's impossible for a tall fart like me to ever fit in a Formula One car - and I'm only 6"4! :confused:
I know that Mark Webber is the tallest driver in the paddock. With his win at the Nurburgring, does that make him the tallest F1 driver in history to win a Grand Prix?
I know this is a lame topic, and quite trivial....

But I'm too tall to drive most cars, particularly European ones. I can't even fit my knees under the steering wheel in my favourite - A Subaru WRX. All I can fit in are Holdens, Fords, and Toyotas.

Anyways, I know it's impossible for a tall fart like me to ever fit in a Formula One car - and I'm only 6"4! :confused:
I know that Mark Webber is the tallest driver in the paddock. With his win at the Nurburgring, does that make him the tallest F1 driver in history to win a Grand Prix?

James Hunt was fairly tall, I think he was about 6' 1''.
Mark Webber and Robert Kubica are both quite tall too, both being over 6'.
Dan Gurney was close to 6' 3'' and won 4 races in the '60's.
Alex Wurz is pretty tall, although he didn't actually ever win a race. Anyone remember Justin Wilson? He is 6'4"... something that supposedly killed off his F1 career single handedly.
Alex Wurz is pretty tall, although he didn't actually ever win a race. Anyone remember Justin Wilson? He is 6'4"... something that supposedly killed off his F1 career single handedly.

Yup Wurz was taller than both Webber and Kubica. Yeah Justin, who deserved more of a career to be honest.

Yup Wurz was taller than both Webber and Kubica. Yeah Justin, who deserved more of a career to be honest.

Well he has done alright in Indy Car where driver weight matters!

Well he has done alright in Indy Car where driver weight matters!

I suppose his indy exploits have shown he does still have talent. Especially on the circuits.
Some references say Gurney was almost 6'3" (190.5 cm). Others say 193 cm (6'4"). Stuck was 194 cm (6' 4.4")

ESPN lists Justin Wilson at 192 cm and Alex Wurz at 186.

Huub Rothegatter (who never finished on the podium, much less won a race) also was in that range but I can't find an exact number.

Lauda used to call Rothengatter "rattengot," 'god of the rats.' Then Lauda had his face burned off and was nicknamed "Super Rat" because the restorative surgery left him resembling a rodent. How's that for karma?
Some references say Gurney was almost 6'3" (190.5 cm). Others say 193 cm (6'4"). Stuck was 194 cm (6' 4.4")

Huub Rothegatter (who never finished on the podium, much less won a race) also was in that range but I can't find an exact number.

Lauda used to call Rothengatter "rattengot," 'god of the rats.' Then Lauda had his face burned off and was nicknamed "Super Rat" because the restorative surgery left him resembling a rodent. How's that for karma?

I never want to be in a pub quiz team against you lol

I never want to be in a pub quiz team against you lol

Not to worry. Had to look all that up, except the rattengot bit.

See our F1 related articles too!