FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
And Nico has SF where Lewis has GB. What's SF?

The heading of that column is "Naz" which is "Nationality" abbreviated in Italian.
I do realize Rosberg was born in Monaco; but, as he raced under the Finnish
flag until 2002, I would imagine SF refers to Finland.
And, no, I'm not an expert on Rosberg, that information is easily found on Image
Or, links could be provided, for verification / clarification purposes. :thumbup:

I thought the abbreviation for Finland was FIN. Finland isn't ones first thought when you see the abbreviation SF . And Nico claims to both Monégasque and German above Finnish, so I think asking what the SF stood for was a fair question. No biggie.
SF = Suomi Finland

Yes I know that now that I've looked it up, but it isn't immediately obvious.
SF = Suomi Finland

As a follower of winter sports, I was familiar with that abbreviation :)
SF = Suomi Finland

As a follower of winter sports, I was familiar with that abbreviation :)

As a partaker of winter sports , :freezing: I wasn't; but now I know, so I will never again make the grave error of questioning what SF means. I didn't realise it was such a sensitive subject.
As you said,
No biggie.

It's quite understandable that anyone might expect that there was a spelling/typographical error,
after all, it's an Italian organization, with Italian headings, why wouldn't SF mean Scuderia Ferrari?
And Nico has SF where Lewis has GB. What's SF?

The heading of that column is "Naz" which is "Nationality" abbreviated in Italian.
I do realize Rosberg was born in Monaco; but, as he raced under the Finnish
flag until 2002, I would imagine SF refers to Finland.
And, no, I'm not an expert on Rosberg, that information is easily found on Image
Or, links could be provided, for verification / clarification purposes. :thumbup:

I thought the abbreviation for Finland was FIN. Finland isn't ones first thought when you see the abbreviation SF . And Nico claims to both Monégasque and German above Finnish, so I think asking what the SF stood for was a fair question. No biggie.

I thought Nico was born in Germany & went to live in Monaco when he was less than a year old...

From Wiki....
"Rosberg was born in Wiesbaden, Hesse, West Germany; the son of Finnish 1982 Formula One world champion Keke Rosberg and his German wife Sina. Rosberg was born only four days after his father won the 1985 Detroit Grand Prix, driving a Williams. Rosberg spent much of his youth in Monaco with his family, and still lives in the principality. Nico holds dual citizenship, German and Finnish and has competed under both the Finnish and German flag during different points in his early career.[2] He currently competes under the German flag as a driver's nationality is defined by his passport during all FIA world championships."
Dashcam video of cuffed woman leading police on chase

Unbelievable dash cam video has been released showing the harrowing, high-speed ride of a Pennsylvania patrol car.

What it doesn't show is how a handcuffed shoplifting suspect somehow made it from the backseat to the front seat of a Center Township patrol car, then put it in gear and roared off, leading cops on a chase at speeds of up to 100 mph.

All while her hands were cuffed behind her back...

...She originally had been stopped for allegedly stealing earrings from a department store. Before police arrived, she managed to break away and get into a car being driven by her grandfather, police said. Moments later, the car was pulled over and Rimer was handcuffed and put into the back of the police vehicle.

While officers were searching the grandfather's car, Rimer managed to slip through the front seat partition, get behind the wheel and roar off.

[youtube]/Jt4uq2iZJnw[/youtube]
"Eric, it seems Fernando has found a computer there.....you sure you disabled email access? Seeing as we have intel from Merc engines for Honda we don't want 2007 all over again."

"Good point Jens...I did, but let's make sure...."

See our F1 related articles too!