FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By gorilla
Well since it is one of my other passions I thought I would ask if any one follows a football (soccer) team and if so who.

I'm a Stirling Albion supporter and so far this season has been excelent today we won against league leaders Greenock Morton. We came back from 1 v 0 and won 2 v 1 in the last 10 minutes of the game a totally unbelievable feeling.

We are currently sitting 1 point off the Scottish Second devision leaders Morton and the next few games could be intresting.
By Red Five
That's a good result!

I'm an Oxford Utd supporter, have been for the last twenty years - the last time we were any good! Looked like walking away with the Conference Title earlier this season, but not winning for three months put a stop to that, although we have started to win again - won 3-0 today - we don't have the consistency or the players to catch Dagenham and Redbridge anymore - hoping to make the play off finals at Wembley!
By Irv the Swerve
Liverpool all the way, playing 2morro against AV so hopefully we can get a crushing win there. I also follow Real Betis, the guy in my avatar used to play for them and I've been supporting them since 98. Celtic, Derry City, Ballymena Utd, and Shakhtar from Ukraine I follow also.
By 7UpJordan
I follow Sheffield United and I'm a season ticket holder and those cheating gets Chelsea injured our best -and my favourite - player Rob Hulse today and put him out of the season. Another shocking refereeing display from Chris Foy, a ref who is always biased against us. But we will stay up no matter how many crap referees we get, we could have been in the top 10 without the poo referees.
By welshie
Man Utd supporter, and feeling rather good about that this season!

Also have a soft spot for Sheffield United as I've now lived here for 4 years and used to live next to the stadium.
By 7UpJordan
Man Utd supporter, and feeling rather good about that this season!

Also have a soft spot for Sheffield United as I've now lived here for 4 years and used to live next to the stadium.

You live in Sheff? :D
By welshie
I sure do mate, love the place! :P
By madbrad
Al I know is that David Beckahm is singlehandedly changing the way Americans ignore soccer.
By darwin dali
And Canadians? Not much soccer going on there either. Hockey and curling, eh?
By gorilla
Al I know is that David Beckahm is singlehandedly changing the way Americans ignore soccer.

David Beckham is overrated footballer.
By madbrad
Yeah Soccer isn't big here either.
Toronto has a team in the new league and we just built a new stadium just for it at Exhibition Place. Our team has the imaginitive name of Toronto FC for football club. Apparently Beckham's first game will be here in that stadium.

We are stark raving mad for Hockey. Everyone but me, that is. I'm a freak. Some people won't associate with me because I don't watch hockey. The only sport I watch is F1. The Leafs suck.

Curling has its circles here I guess, but generally curlers are seen as weird, even here.

Would you believe the national sport of Canada is Lacrosse? I don't even know anybody who plays it. Ironically, the Buick Lacross is called Allure in Canada because GM figured Canadians wouldn't buy it if it were named Lacross. The irony to that irony is that the Lacross/Allure is made in Canada.

We have a lot of underground drinking water reservoirs, on top of which millions of east indians play cricket every waking hour.
By Red Five

David Beckham is overrated footballer.

As an Englishman I 100% agree with that, I cannot believe how long he was Captain of England, but then, Sven was s***!
By 7UpJordan
I sure do mate, love the place! :P

Next time I'm in Sheff for the next home game we should meet at the pub. :)
By 7UpJordan
Well people who call F1 "boring" have obviously never seen the England national team play, a yawnfest all round, even the 1999 Spanish GP and most of the 2002 season races were far more exciting than "bore-ngland" tonight. And for the record I don't support the national team as they are a load of useless-soft-overrated-poncy-overpaid-wimps ever.

See our F1 related articles too!