FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By darwin dali
But if you don't pay off the whole thing each month aren't you just handing high percents of interest to the card companies?

If I am to pay it off every month, what is the point of a credit card, a credit is used for help spread the cost, in my case it's 14% interest, balance transfers and cash advances cost $7 per transfer but interest is only charged after the end of the month if not paid back. 14% interest isn't so bad as the balance from month to month with be low, less than $250 just to keep it rolling. There is no annual fee for the credit card I have, so overall I am happy with the arrangement, considering Capital One keep on offering me a card at 29.9%, which is a no chance in hell APR!

Well the point is the convenience. The insurance of things purchased . Sometimes money back schemes . Sometimes things like travel insurance and free AA membership. And you get a months credit for free. By not paying it all off you're giving them money. Why run with a bit not paid off? You run the risk of it creeping to a bit more and a bit more. And if you always keep it at say 20% of it not paid off why not just get it to all paid off? It's just a different base level.

Free AA membership for rc :P:hehe::wine:

It's a driving assistance thing!! When you breakdown!

Sure, sure. Here it's called AAA.
AA is for people to go to meetings to talk about why they :wine: too much :wink:
Gotta play the game to make headway :thumbup:

The funny thing is before moving to the US, I turned down credit card after credit card as I always saw credit as a sure fire way of getting into financial trouble and it served me well as when I left the UK I had a 800+ credit score because of just paying bills on time. Here in the US, simply paying bills on time gets you absolutely nowhere, you need to have debt up the wazoo before your credit score starts to rise. I already had the car loan, obviously and two store cards, this is my first full credit card.

Sorta.
You want a decent amount of credit available to you (i.e., credit cards with high limits), but then be careful not to use too much of it (stay below 20-30% of your credit line) or else your credit score takes a dive. Best to always pay off your credit card every month and reap the rewards in form of cash back without ever paying any credit card interest.
You also want a 'good' mix of debt such as mortgage, car loan, student loan, revolving credit (i.e., credit cards) and keep your nose clean re. on-time payment (that's true for rent payments as well).
Try not to close any credit cards either, especially old ones since that would affect your credit history (average age of open accounts).
That way you can establish credit worthiness, which in turn will open up new opportunities.

The only thing that is being "measured" when they come up with your credit score is your ability to pay the amount of credit you are issued. They look at the amount of debt as compared to the amount of credit as well as your payment history and even if you've got substantial debt as long as the percentage of that debt as compared to your ability to pay it is steady your credit rating does not decrease. After all the "point" of credit is to keep you in debt, not have to get out of the debt so they can continue to make the high interest rates on your purchases. One of the things that Bush signed into law was allowing unpaid medical bills to be factored into your credit score.

In the US you can view your credit report once yearly for free, through the government and it's the only scam free place to do so.
Moved house today! :-) A lot of stress, packing, driving and moving things for the past week or so, but all worth it now! :)
By racechick
Congrats Zurich! Happy new home! :)
By sagi58
Moved house today! :-) A lot of stress, packing, driving and moving things for the past week or so, but all worth it now! :)

:thumbup: Congratulations!! New year, new home!! Way to get started!! :thumbup:
By racechick
Doing it tomorow morning, 3 a.m. Getting up to drive to France. Stopping near Lyon then arrive at chalet Friday lunchtime. Hoping to buy a Charlie Hebdo on the way down or maybe at the tunnel, but I bet they'll be sold out. Snows not been good so far but I think things are looking better.
By darwin dali
Doing it tomorow morning, 3 a.m. Getting up to drive to France. Stopping near Lyon then arrive at chalet Friday lunchtime. Hoping to buy a Charlie Hebdo on the way down or maybe at the tunnel, but I bet they'll be sold out. Snows not been good so far but I think things are looking better.

I heard somewhere they'll print a million copies instead of the usual 50,000 - so chances are you'll find a copy.

Edit: Just saw the news: they printed 3 millions and will print another 2 millions to meet the demand :yikes:
By racechick
Yes iid heard that, a one mil run then upped to 5 mil, now they expect them all to sell out,
On way to tunnel now and the M20 ( road that goes there) is closed between 2 junctions for ' operation stack' where they park lorries if the ferries aren't running, which apparently is the case because it's windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By sagi58
:yikes:

wrote:">Historic 'Charlie Hebdo' issue sells for up to $117K

It amazes me how the human race will go to great lengths to profit from a tragedy!

Too true!!

I do realize that the magazine just wanted to get their message out there.
I also realize it's important not to be cowered by fear. But, the cynic in me
recognizes the fact that those selling the magazine on amazon aren't the only
ones profitting from this tragedy.
By racechick
I'm just south f Lyon at the moment andCharlie Hebdo sold out in France. It was supposed to be in the UK on Thursday but at the tunnel terminal they said they aren't getting them till Fruday :banghead: so I think I've missed them. I've bought a French newspaper with a lot of coverage of it, I'll try to improve my French by reading that. Lots on French Tv now about anti terrorist operations in Belgium and two dead.
By Jabberwocky
whilst using facebook, I have just pressed the ? button (shift and /) and a list of Facebook shortcuts appear. who knew!!
By racechick
Skied today! Second ski of the year. Slopes empty but could do with a bit more snow!

image.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By racechick
And by the way, I'm not that fat! The coat's padded!

See our F1 related articles too!