FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Mikep99
By certom
Hey everyone I thought I would post a pic of my new driveway and car collection, my new career has hit the REDLINE !!! :wink:

are you the parking boy? ;)
By texasmr2
Hey everyone I thought I would post a pic of my new driveway and car collection, my new career has hit the REDLINE !!! :wink:

are you the parking boy? ;)

Yep that's about the size of it :cry: . It was so dead here lastnight I had to amuse myself somehow :lol: .
By McLaren Fan
I've only just come across this topic. All the very best Gregg. :)
By texasmr2
I've only just come across this topic. All the very best Gregg. :)

Thank's brother I appreciate it. :D
By deMuRe
Good luck mate, if I wasn't earning good money as an IT contractor Real Estate agent would be my 2nd option. You'll make yourself a mint bro, go shake that money tree!!!
By texasmr2
Well I got 2 class's down and 5 more to go so all is going well. Oh by the way I applied at Lamborghini of Houston as they have several position's open that I can do. I hope to hear from them later this week and if I do get the job I can still complete my real estate class's at night or on the weekend's, '08 could be coming in with a bang!
By texasmr2
UPDATE: Two class's down and only 5 to go :shock: but that's not the reason for the update.

I interviewed with a vintage car restoration shop today and it was a very very positive meeting. At first I see NO car's in the parking lot but then I walk through the gate's and see everything from a Studebaker to a 550 Maranello :D . Then I walk though what has to be the pearly gate's of heaven and what lay's before me but a Ferrari Daytona, 400i 5-speed, Mondial C, F355, several 308's and 328's, a few 330GT's, Lambo Espada and the list go's on and on!!!

I get the full tour even back into the 'skunk work's' where there is a tubular chassis with a bare engine block which turn's out to be a 300SL, the convertible model of the 300SL Gullwing :shock: ! Then I'm shown around to various Fcar V12's and V8's, Fcar tranny's etc etc you get the idea right?

It turn's out that the gentleman, Ferda, is an ex-Ferrari of Houston employee and he was very understanding and simpathetic to my past issue's with getting on at Ferrrari of Houston. One of the 2 tech's, yes there are only 2 tech/mechanic's that work there, Ferda took with him when he left F of H and he was at my level of experience and knowledge, he is now a master tech in restoration, Ferda said he see's the passion and desire within me to achieve what I told him was my life's goal and want's to hire me but cannot without the owner's permission. The owner is some huge billionaire and this shop was started to maintain his personal fleet and it has become one of the premiere concours quality restoration shop's in the nation.

Another bonus/priveledge that was given to me is that I can come by anytime and I am allowed full photo access to the whole shop!! :D I will be stopping by to take a SH!T LOAD of pic's for everyone and everyone to enjoy.

Oh god I hope I get this job wish me luck,

Gregg

PS,
Yes I can complete my real estate class's at night or on the weekend so I will still get my license but if I get the job a VM I will only play on the weekend's. Unless I get to busy with all the car event's and hobknobing with the rich and famous :lol:
By vegas
Sweet man, sound like a real dream job :D
By texasmr2
Sweet man, sound like a real dream job :D

Dude I had my digital in my pocket but you know I did not want to stray from the topic of our meeting. All the way back I was saying to myself "Man you should have taken pic's G" :lol: ! It doe's not matter how many Fcar's there are there everyone will enjoy the variety.

Dream job? More like my 'wet dream job" :lol::oops: !
By Selcouth_Feline
Texas, good luck for the job - my fingers are crossed for you! (and don't forget to post any pics you take ;) ). It sounds like a fantastic job - do you have a background in restoring/repairing cars? (just wondering because you've posted quite a few times about car repairs :) )

Let us know how it goes!
By texasmr2
SF,
I have done just about everything on a car except body work and rebuilding an engine although I have torn them down a few time's. As I mentioned one of the two tech's that work's there started at Ferrari of Houston back in '84 when Ferda was running the shop. After speaking with me for a few minute's Ferda realized I have the basic skill's to build upon but most importantly he saw the gleam and deisre in me.

One of the thing's that may be working in my favor is the shop is so backlogged that they are basically turning away customer's Ferda told me and that they really need someone else. It also helped I think that my buddy Alan's yellow 308GTS is in the shop and I told Ferda that Alan had referred me to him. I also mentioned to him of the maintenance I helped Alan out with on that blue 308GTB I posted pic's of.

I'm gonna wait till monday to call Ferda back but will ask him if I can stop by and take pic's so I'll be posting some then.

Gregg
By texasmr2
Hey everyone your not gonna believe this but I'm trying to make a 180 degree turn in career opportunity's. I'm still persueing my realtor's license but I'm also persueing a job in law enforcement. I have several app's out to the various city and county agency's so hopefully something will arise.

My motto will be "Stop, BOOM BOOM BOOM, or I'll shoot"! :lol:
By vegas
You get a fast car and a gun. Doesn't get much better then that.

See our F1 related articles too!