FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Well... I'm currently learning Japanese for work purposes and so I thought I might aswell post this finding out what languages you guys and girls can all speak.

Obviously we all speak English but what else?
Well, I speak the two truly universal languages understood worldwide: math and eroticism :hehe:

In order of acquisition: Swiss, German, French, Latin, English, Italian, Russian (but that's mostly gone :( )
Fluent in written and spoken English and Italian.
Studied both French (8 years) and Latin (2 years).
Understand/speak some very basic Spanish.

If dialects count as a language, I'm fluent in one
of the myriad Italian dialects and understand a
number of others.
I'm trying to learn Italian, self teaching so I have no idea how well it's going...

Other than that English and a multitude of computer languages. :P
I don't really have the dedication to begin learning a WHOLE new language at the moment. I seem to always like expanding my vocabulary in English however, being careful to often research terms/words I've maybe heard every now and then, but don't always fully understand...
I can speak 3 languages but understand 4.

I speak Turkish as first language,I'm close to speak fluent English I guess,and also I can speak German,not as good as these two though.In addition I understand Azeri very well but I can't speak it,that's because I haven't really talked to Azeri people but the language is similar to Turkish even though they look and sound really different.

See our F1 related articles too!