FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...

Private Lounges for engine manufacturers?

Yes
31%
No
62%
Other (Please state fully in your comment)
8%
By racechick
So who selects who may enter the lounge? I've been a member of this forum for over seven years, a moderator for many of them and yet now there is a section I cannot enter without requesting permission?
By LRW

So the private room has different rules to the rest of the site?

Look, if you want join, ask, then have a look and make up your own mind. If not, don't bother.

No Spanky - I dont want to join. Im just trying to understand the theory behind the room - but if you cant even explain that to me without walking off in a huff, then I think I know all I need to.....
By sagi58
Might as well call it the Intelligent Design Lounge as there are no factual argument allowed. It would be disrespectful to question and present facts since nothing Ferrari ever does is wrong. How many ridiculing posts are there in the safehouse as to how Luca being so important and he'd never leave and how eveyone suggesting he's going to get sacked is wrong and delusional....

Meanwhile back in reality land, the door couldn't hit the guy in the bottom fast enough. So I guess it only works one way. It's only comments against Ferrari that are not allowed. But bad mouthing Lewis' girlfriend is.

It's all a game of charades and you can't "respect" someone that's got their head up their bottom and says it's pleasant in there. Then come out into the real world to take pot shots at how we're doing it wrong.

You do realize that you are part of the problem, don't you?
You start off with name-calling, suggest that we're delusional and unrealistic.
Also, you are taking things out of context, just to promote whatever your agenda is.
As Spanky said, you have the right to your opinion; but, you don't have the right to judge.

p.s. You'll have to show me where Hamilton's girlfriend was even mentioned in the Lounge!
By sagi58
Sagi. Try reading it again. It was not ME that made the Honk Kong analogy - it was Spanky. I was the one calling HIM out on it.

My apologies, LRW!! There were so many quotes imbedded within each other, that I goofed up!!
((p.s. I'd say "mea culpa"; but, even that has been used to death in a way to belittle...))

So, are you now going to tear a strip off Spanky, and let him know how disrespectful it is? Or is it Ok for him to sayt it?

I re-read the comment. He made it to prove a point. That everyone has the right to congregate. Period.
My mistake was in having read your comment out of context. I've already apologized to you.
By LRW
Ok, so seeing as Spanky has left the discussion. Let me ask any of the moderators:

If the Ferrari Room is open to all, and everyone is allowed in, but only if they post in a respectful way - HOW is that different to the rest of the site? Surely there are the same rules in there?

Are we saying the Ferrari room is stricter with the policing of the forum rules? Or are we saying the main forum is not being policed properly?

Im not trying to be funny, or cause issues. I am genuinely interested in the reason for the private sub-forum, and would be interested to hear the answers from someone in the know.
By racechick
I have no idea what happens in the lounge regarding moderation, Ive never been told and I don't have access.
By LRW
I re-read the comment. He made it to prove a point.

And thats my issue with you Sagi. You change your standards and arguments to suit your agenda.

Its fine for Spanky to say it - because he was trying to make a point, apparently. But when you thought I said it, you just assumed I was being a dick, and it was disrespectful?

:clap:
By sagi58
I re-read the comment. He made it to prove a point.

And thats my issue with you Sagi. You change your standards and arguments to suit your agenda.

Its fine for Spanky to say it - because he was trying to make a point, apparently. But when you thought I said it, you just assumed I was being a dick, and it was disrespectful?

:clap:

I didn't change my standards. In my rush to respond, I made a mistake.
I have admitted my mistake. I have apologized for it. Publicly.
By spankyham
I have no idea what happens in the lounge regarding moderation, Ive never been told and I don't have access.

I'm there along with WB and of course the big boss as well :yes:
By LRW
I didn't change my standards. In my rush to respond, I made a mistake.
I have admitted my mistake. I have apologized for it. Publicly.

Your mistake was that you thought I said it, not Spanky. But why is it ok for him to say it?
By Jabberwocky
Right guys, I feel this has gone on long enough. I am locking the thread for everyone to calm down a bit.
By racechick

I wasn't asking a question, I was replying to LRW's query.

My question was posted a little further back. It was who grants permission to enter the lounge? To whom should one apply if one wants to join? There may be lots of people wanting to join but the application process isn't explained anywhere.
By CookinFlat6
What concerns me the most is that the only reason for a private lounge must be to protect things that are untrue or misleading from being subject to the normal reasoning and critical process that public scrutiny and discussion provide. This could lead to the participants increasingly becoming out of touch with reality and/or becoming schizophrenic and delusional.
At some point they may become a danger to themselves and other members of society. In real life this kind of condition is sectionable, and so I think we would should at least devise an early warning system so that the proper authorities can be contacted when the symptoms are clearly recognised

Although for at least a couple it might be too late :yikes::ambulance::gone:
By spankyham

I wasn't asking a question, I was replying to LRW's query.

I was making a comment, hope I wasn't too out of line doing that. :thumbup:

My question was posted a little further back. It was who grants permission to enter the lounge? To whom should one apply if one wants to join? There may be lots of people wanting to join but the application process isn't explained anywhere.

Easiest way is to PM me, ask to join and agree to follow our standards for posting :yes:
By spankyham
What concerns me the most is that the only reason for a private lounge must be to protect things that are untrue or misleading ...

So it must be true, all private discussion in the world are to protect things that are untrue or misleading

And this coming from someone who lectures on fact based debates :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!