FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...

Private Lounges for engine manufacturers?

Yes
31%
No
62%
Other (Please state fully in your comment)
8%
By spankyham
PM's are part of the forum - fact

People do have private conversations in public places - fact

Challenge is there to those who "really" believe everything here should public - live up to what you post - open your PMs up to me. Somehow I think all I'll get is evasion, or PMs don't count or some other lame excuse.

So what's the real reason some people here don't like having the lounge?

Why not join a Ferrari fan site?

Sorry, I like it here and have no plans of leaving, but thanks for the suggestion. :thumbup:
Still does not explain why Ferrari fans are the only ones with a lounge doe it?

I've said before I don't shive a git about it, but I also won't accept that it's being sold as a move along nothing to see here environment as other people wishing to have a private conversation in a public environment aren't afforded the same courtesy. If they were the same as PMs Spanky, you'd simply just PM messages amongst Ferrari fans and there would be no need for the lounge.
By Hammer278
Still does not explain why Ferrari fans are the only ones with a lounge doe it?

I've said before I don't shiv a git about it, but I also won't accept that it's being sold as a move along nothing to see here environment as other people wishing to have a private conversation in a public environment aren't afforded the same courtesy. If they were the same as PMs Spanky, you'd simply just PM messages amongst Ferrari fans and there would be no need for the lounge.

this was the exact sentence burning in my mind when I was reading all his lame 'justifications'. Must be the only algae powered human operating in this forum.
By Hammer278
I learned from him that algae is the new in thing for the energy sector and the saviour of all mankind so it was meant it in a good way, not an insult. I'm sure he'd take it the right way.
Last edited by Hammer278 on 25 Oct 14, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
By Hammer278
No, I don't want to suffer dread diseases even if I'm properly insured for it.
By CookinFlat6
PM's are part of the forum - fact

People do have private conversations in public places - fact

Challenge is there to those who "really" believe everything here should public - live up to what you post - open your PMs up to me. Somehow I think all I'll get is evasion, or PMs don't count or some other lame excuse.

I have never heard anyone say 'I already explained the answer to that question in a private pm' and when its about a huge sweeping statement that has polarised public opinion its a nonsense

How can someone make this statement in public and then point blank refuse to answer or explain in public and to refer to an explanation made in a private conversation????

Unfortunately some day we'll run out of fossil fuels .....

I think I have pointed out the incredible irony in that statement previously. In moving to hybrid we are transferring from a plentiful and renewable fuel source (food for the ICE) to one of the rarest and most finite commodities on earth which is essentially only found in one location on the planet where people are forced to dig up those rare earths in slave labor conditions for 2 peanuts a day to make the shiny hybrids that salve the conscience of the sheep-public.

The move to this new F1-hybrid has nothing to do with being green or saving the planet or even about the renewable food for ICE's - its all about suiting some of the production car industry and making F1 suit their business model.
By spankyham
You want to have a discussion, I don't have a problem. I'll join a discussion where we are sharing facts and opinions respectfully.

If, on the other hand, you want an excuse to fire insults and abuse, then you'll get as good as you give.
By spankyham
You can also eat it, does that mean you are going to eat Spanky?

:rofl:
By CookinFlat6
You want to have a discussion, I don't have a problem. I'll join a discussion where we are sharing facts and opinions respectfully.

If, on the other hand, you want an excuse to fire insults and abuse, then you'll get as good as you give.

That the point - we don't get the opportunity because you run away and 'give' on the private lounge, :wavey:
then tell us that we received it in private - hardly egalitarian

You said 'my answer is in the Culpa lounge' and refused to answer in public

It's like an Mp in parliament open debate saying 'I refer the honoured member to the response I gave in private in the toilet earlier to my research assistant'

Not even a monster loony party MP would be so 'shy'

Big fail mate :thumbdown:
By spankyham

That the point - we don't get the opportunity because you run away and 'give' on the private lounge, :wavey:
then tell us that we received it in private - hardly egalitarian

You said 'my answer is in the Culpa lounge' and refused to answer in public

It's like an Mp in parliament open debate saying 'I refer the honoured member to the response I gave in private in the toilet earlier to my research assistant'

Not even a monster loony party MP would be so 'shy'

Big fail mate :thumbdown:

If you want to discuss something rationally, and without the slagging, I'm up for it.

mate
:yikes::thumbup:
Another private lounge I see. It's name is a little obscure, but the shade of blue is very pretty :)
By sagi58
Another private lounge I see. It's name is a little obscure, but the shade of blue is very pretty :)

It is pretty, isn't it?

As for the name, initially it seemed to be Porsche.
It's new name is ambivalent...

See our F1 related articles too!