FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Hammer278
I don't think everyone here are as clean as they sound. :hehe:

So come on, social smokers, heavies, a pack a year, even quitters.....tell me, if I'm heading into dangerous ground.

Never smoked till university...and then I became a social smoker (maybe a pack in a month) for about half a year, and then quit.

Lately though, I've consumed about 3 packs in 3 months...averaging about 1-2 cigs per day. When I go 2-3 days without smoking I don't miss it. I just do it during work (working at home right now), so I think its a mixture of some boredom watching graphs the whole day and for the kick of it. I enjoy the light headedness of the first few puffs but after a cig or two I'm good for the day.

I want to quit though. But I need more distraction at home to keep from buying a pack when I run out. :(

What made you smoke/quit? Sharing is caring. :D
By geetface9
I've had maybe 3-4 cigarettes in my whole life. Only do it when I'm super drunk and for some reason wanna "fit in" :rofl:

I like to smoke cigars some times when I drink tho. Haven't had one in a few months. I've had maybe 25-30 in my whole life, starting about three years ago. I couldn't do it regularly cuz I don't even really like it that much. It's just something to throw into the mix when I'm drinking cuz $#@! it. I do like the grape swisher sweets tho. The taste is good. Kinda pointless post from me I guess as I don't do it enough to even be considered a smoker :hehe: but ya sometimes it's nice chillin on the patio with whiskey and a swisher...chills me out, enjoy the hot summer nights and the view of the power lines hanging over my backyard..very picturesque :rofl:
By LewEngBridewell
I first had a cigarette when I was 18. A number of my friends smoked, and I wanted to see what it was like. I then became a social smoker for a number of years, having occasional cigarettes either at parties, or even occasionally at home.

Recently, I've stopped altogether, and plan on keeping it that way. One of my Aunts is on the verge of death from being ravaged with cancer, and whilst her illness is most likely not smoking-linked, it's not a risk I want to take. So I'm 24 now, and that's where any affinity with cigarettes ends.
By Hammer278
I've had maybe 3-4 cigarettes in my whole life. Only do it when I'm super drunk and for some reason wanna "fit in" :rofl:

I like to smoke cigars some times when I drink tho. Haven't had one in a few months. I've had maybe 25-30 in my whole life, starting about three years ago. I couldn't do it regularly cuz I don't even really like it that much. It's just something to throw into the mix when I'm drinking cuz $#@! it. I do like the grape swisher sweets tho. The taste is good. Kinda pointless post from me I guess as I don't do it enough to even be considered a smoker :hehe: but ya sometimes it's nice chillin on the patio with whiskey and a swisher...chills me out, enjoy the hot summer nights and the view of the power lines hanging over my backyard..very picturesque :rofl:

It's not really pointless...you sound almost exactly like me (in terms of intake) till 3 months back. :hehe:

I don't fancy smoking when drinking, but I see many people enjoy that. I like the high of a cigarette and a drink separately....when drinking and smoking I find smoking gets cancelled out completely so it feels pointless.
By Jabberwocky
I used to smoke cigars, because all the cool kids smoked cigarettes. I did however give up before Max Verstrappen was born.

Sent using NCC-1701
By Frontrunner
Never had a cigarette, although sometimes I think I have done due to my mate and his second hand smoke surrounding the room. But I think he is thinking of quitting due to the price hike on smokes starting soon, think it will average around $1AU per cigarette. So its tough going if your a big time smoker in Australia.
By geetface9

It's not really pointless...you sound almost exactly like me (in terms of intake) till 3 months back. :hehe:

I don't fancy smoking when drinking, but I see many people enjoy that. I like the high of a cigarette and a drink separately....when drinking and smoking I find smoking gets cancelled out completely so it feels pointless.

that's a good point cuz I honestly couldn't tell you what the buzz from smoking feels like cuz I can't ever tell over the drunkiness :P
By What's Burning?
I've done plenty of things, but ever smoking a cigarette or cigar, is not one of them. I find the smell of an ashtray repulsive to the point of making me want to puke.
By spankyham
I gave up smoking the day I became a dad. I realized I really didn't want my kids to smoke so it seemed right to stop.

By Hammer278
I gave up smoking the day I became a dad. I realized I really didn't want my kids to smoke so it seemed right to stop.

I'd feel depressed as f**k if I got cancer after doing nothing wrong.

So this way if I get cancer, I can go "okay...can't complain". :hehe:
By What's Burning?
Mr. White wasn't a smoker yo.
By Hammer278
Mr. White wasn't a smoker yo.

I was thinking of him while making that post. :hehe:

I gather it was that massive depression hidden inside which drove him through that epic adventure till death.
By spankyham
Really horrible watching someone die from Interstitial Lung Disease. Slow, painful and distressing.
By geetface9
I grew up around a lot of friends that smoked (none of my family smoked tho) so honestly I wouldn't be that surprised if I get cancer or something from all the second hand smoke I got in my teenage years. I'd probably just facepalm and ask out loud, "really? dafuq..." cirrhosis on the other hand :rofl::rofl::rofl: I'd shrug and be like, "BAH, WELL, $#@! IT!!"

Some might think it a miracle that I didn't start smoking given that so many people I knew did it. It just never intrigued me thanks to the drug resistance education in elementary school :rofl:
By Jabberwocky
I have finally got around to watching breaking bad.

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!