FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Hammer278
It's ingrained into their heads by their parents and grandparents which makes it harder to let go.

It's easier to let go of Santa when you have every 25th to prove it, but how do you disprove all those stories which supposedly happened before the time of man?

I'm pretty much an atheist myself, but did not grow up as one. However, looking at the pattern in which people are able to exaggerate and the simple theory of Chinese Whispers which can change a simple story to something from a fairytale.....it allowed me to gradually let go. But many out there don't want to let go simply because reality is just too frightening - you are alone and it's what you make out of life, none else is responsible or watching over you.

Oh yeah and in this certain 'religion' when the things you are taught is just nuts to start with (interpreted terribly from the so called books), makes you a dangerous individual when you become an adult....and unfortunately the world is having to deal with these adults today.
The trouble is that a lot of the scriptures (from whatever faith) can be taken out of context to mean anything.

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58
The trouble is that a lot of the scriptures (from whatever faith) can be taken out of context to mean anything.

Just like statistics, eh? :thumbup:
What I just can't get my head round is that aside from politics, the major reason for all of these terrorist atrocities is religious fairy stories. That may seem insulting to some, but I honestly and genuinely cannot get my head round people being so fanatical about something so obviously complete nonsense in the 21st century. :?

The major reason is not religion - religion is just the excuse for something someone wants to do anyway. More than likely something with an economic cause and effect. Eg you live in a piss poor land tending your goats, some rich neighbor comes along and starts encroaching on your land yard by yard with things like houses and supermarkets and starts doing obscenities with your goats for good measure. So now you are peed off, but you dont have any automatic weapons, what you gonna do? You gonna turn to some promise of 1000 virgins in heaven and start throwing rocks and strapping on bombs to hit back without regard for anyone else in the way
And if a holy book can be translated to say 'this is good, you will get your virgins' - well its almost rude to hold back right?

This stuff is all about good old fashioned money, land etc etc and has been going on for ever, the religious stuff is just the way of getting people to go die with a smile

Same as here, who really thinks the governemnt are worried about a few kids brainwashed in some holiday camp in the middle east? you got more chance of been killed by a pissed granny in her Astra than a terrorist bomb, yet all the Sun and Mirror readers are in a panick screaming for the government to bring in more laws to arrest and detain people without reason and to monitor their emails and phone calls and to ship em over to the yanks for questioning on demand

Christ sake, any reserve division could get an easyjet flight over and completely eliminate any threat of terrorists once and for all - IF there really was one and it wasnt just another fkn scam to spend more taxpayers money on friends and relatives in secret services noone ever heard about and who never did anything but leak secrets to the Russians

I am still waiting for the WMDs to come screaming over from some slum in Bhagdad, avoiding all our defences and blowing my bottom out of bed
Poor weapon handling drills and people do though

Sent using NCC-1701

And when you combine non professionals with automatic weapons then the chances of accidents are gonne far outweigh any chance of actually using these things in any professional manner. You have a gun, you are not using it for work, you are more likely to get killed by it than you are to use it in ANY way remotely close to its only utility function - aint rocket science to work out the maths on that one

And then you have some dumb arsed cops who are overweight and slobbish and lazy, you give them guns - again its not hard to work out the maths. Which is why the UK has not needed armed cops up till now and has a much lower gun fatality rate than places like 'you know where'

Its like saying - lets give every nation in the world its own nuclear arsenal - they all have a right to protect themselves from those that have them - I mean how dumb are these bible bashing GOP rednecks?
I am sure that all police will have rules and regulations when not to shoot.

The guy killed by the 8 year old girl was an error in drills. The instructor was not in proper control.

Sent using NCC-1701
The instructor got sloppy and complacent, if he was in a proper range with mili trainees, would be diferent, but with a nine year old hes not gonna be strict etc, and thats the result of mixing these weapons with amateurs - burgers and bullets

The 9 year old had a 1 in 100000 chance of ever using whatever knowledge or experience gained that day, whereas the chance of procedural failure due to a person slipping up was much much less
That may seem insulting to some, but I honestly and genuinely cannot get my head round people being so fanatical about something so obviously complete nonsense in the 21st century. :?

Agreed ZA! Totally agreed.

As I've mentioned before, I was brought up a Christian, and am now a firm atheist, after realising how damaging religion is on a whole array of different levels.
That may seem insulting to some, but I honestly and genuinely cannot get my head round people being so fanatical about something so obviously complete nonsense in the 21st century. :?

A bit harsh on the tifosi :hehe:

A bit harsh on the tifosi :hehe:

Apparently, there's not as many of them rocking up at Monza this time. But, I suppose their attendance mirrors the fluctuations in the Scuderia's form.

See our F1 related articles too!