FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By CookinFlat6
Breaking news!! Sports fans poke fun at sportsmen playing for rival teams

Stop press, more breaking news!!! Sports fan who swears dying loyalty to one team calls the gf of a sportsman at a rival team an attention seeking publicity whore!!!

Breaking Irritating inevitability!!!!! sports fan claims to be honest and is genuinely shocked by bias shown by sports fans

And in today's other news scientists discovered a whole new definition of hypocrisy!!!!!!!
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 31 Oct 14, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
By sagi58
Breaking news!! Sports fans poke fun at sportsmen playing for rival teams

As most people know, the shoe doesn't fit so well when it's on the other foot.
For example, no opinion gets past the nose of """""""""some""""""""" Hamilton fans,
as innocently as it may be intended, without a lengthy over-the-top diatribe of
facts and figures "proving" how racist/biased/unfounded it is!

Stop press, more breaking news!!! Sports fan who swears dying loyalty to one team calls the gf of a sportsman at a rival team an attention seeking publicity whore!!!

Still waiting for you to copy and paste where I "supposedly" posted this!
(btw, don't waste your time, in the words of Shaggy, "It wasn't me!")

Breaking Irritating inevitability!!!!! sports fan claims to be honest and is genuinely shocked by bias shown by sports fans

What honestly shocks me is that any "fan" should deny they have a bias.
Great to see you admit to one, after all!

And in today's other news scientists discovered a whole new definition of hypocrisy!!!!!!!

I'll stick to the known, thanks. You know, the one that defines hypocrisy as saying one thing and doing another.
For example, one who claims to respect the opinions of others, whilst belittling them for not sharing his/hers!
I'll stick to the known, thanks. You know, the one that defines hypocrisy as saying one thing and doing another.
For example, one who claims to respect the opinions of others, whilst belittling them for not sharing his/hers!

Speaking generally about fans in all forums, its de riguer to respect the opinions of those with an honest opinion. It is also part of a long tradition of social and group accountability to ridicule or shame those who have idiotic, half baked and anti social opinions. It is also the way of society to highlight and illustrate the actions of liars, cheats and abusers of positions of responsibility who set out to deceive and run away from taking responsibility when challenged.

The first group are ridiculed in a benevolent attempt to 'coach' and 'guide' them onto the right path. The second group are generally beyond contempt and generally run away when they exhaust all credibility

going back to your hypocrisy hypothesis
I have not come across ANYONE on this forum who has actually said they have no bias or preferences,
maybe the honest approach of saying 'i just dont like this (team/driver) and I have at least made an effort to present a case' is better

Will I be a hypocrite and say that it would be different if it were Ferrari wearing Mercedes brake pads?
No, I won't; but, I wouldn't kick anyone when they were down, as Mr. Lauda obviously did.

however I have heard ONE express "'shock, horror'" that fans do have bias - YOU!!! eh?

Why is it that when we like a driver, we "explain" his difficult times and laud his good;
but, when it's a driver we don't particularly like, we "knew" he was too good to be true?

And, for those who will assume I'm trying to stir the pot, please understand that I am
completely fascinated by this phenomenon, which I have noticed on a number of sites!
So, it's not an observation or a condemnation of the members on this forum, so much
as it's a comment on F1 fans, in general!

Not meaning any offence Sagi, but perhaps you should avoid responding to my posts until you have made completely sure that you are not continuing to dig whichever hole you are attempting to ""subtly"" exit, or just avoid them, eh? :thumbup:
By sagi58
WHEN I have avoided responding to your posts, such as this one:
...yeah, cry me a river, its the same with all you yahoos, you like to give it out, and think you are been clever and subtle, and you wait for the time and start with the digs, but when you get it back at you its all 'poor me' press the report button, oh hes picking on me etc etc...

it's only because it's pretty obvious that you are baiting in the hopes of starting yet another circular argument.
Someone has to take the high road and I have no problem with the lack of oxygen!

By the way, you have avoided quoting the post where you believe you have your facts straight:

But, to be honest, I knew you would, since such a post with me as the author does not exist!
By the way, I'm not expecting a retraction, let alone an apology!
By What's Burning?
Moved the existing off topic posts that caused the Kimi Raikkonen thread to be locked, here so both Sagi and Cookin could continue if they wish.
By sagi58
If you don't mind and when you have a moment, WB, would you please edit the title?
I purposefully choose to use a lower case "s" in my nickname.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:
By Hammer278
By CookinFlat6
:rofl:

Hamms is the undisputed king of the artform 'meme expression' :thumbup:

Seeing as we are all submitting our ""biases"", pretty please WB, can you change the thread title to 'the sagi show' as I dont think I can do justice to sharing the top billing on this one

and whilst we are all feeling democratic on here can you assign one of your crew to patrol the thread and censor posts with wrongly capitalised names :hehe:

(The title change is a serious request tho)
By sagi58
...Seeing as we are all submitting our ""biases"", pretty please WB, can you change the thread title to 'the sagi show' as I dont think I can do justice to sharing the top billing on this one...

:yikes: You really don't get it, do you? :headpat:
By LRW
Is this a Support thread? Or can we submit constructive criticism?

I personally think the thread should be called the 'Philo and Clyde Support Thread'.

I'll leave you to decide who is who.
By Hammer278

I personally think the thread should be called the 'Philo and Clyde Support Thread'.

:yikes:
By CookinFlat6

A bit harsh ..... on hairy primates :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!