FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Sentencing.

Judge Masipa sentences Pistorius to five years imprisonment on the the count of culpable homicide. On another count - a firearms offence - he is sentenced to three years, suspended.

So he'll be out in 3 years, ready for the next one...
So the precedence has been set, as long as there's a door between you and the person you want to murder, it's a quick in and out. If Oscar Pistorius had move to Florida, he'd have had a much easier time of it.
So the precedence has been set, as long as there's a door between you and the person you want to murder, it's a quick in and out. If Oscar Pistorius had move to Florida, he'd have had a much easier time of it.

Yeah, stand your ground very low on his stumps.
Thought he got 5 years for the equivalent of manslaughter? That seems light.
And stand your ground has to have an element of threat. I'm not sure his bogus claim of "feeling threatened"
would have stood.

If hed been in Florida the only charge would be 'failing to ascertain that the victim was black before shooting'

If hed been in Florida the only charge would be 'failing to ascertain that the victim was black before shooting'

A bit harsh :D

No. More then a bit.

No. More then a bit.

I am big enough to admit that was unfair as I have been to Miami and it was great fun, and I may have lumped it with arserape Alabama or bumf!ck Louisiana in my haste to poke fun at the southern confederation of States in that rogue outpost of the decent English speaking world :thumbup:
Yeah they are saying he'll only serve 1/6th of his sentence. Around 10 months.

Still. I wouldn't want to spend ten months in a SA jail.

Not with my good looks.

It's when they realise your beard looks like a lady garden you have to worry

See our F1 related articles too!