FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Well as everyone seemed to like my trips to pubs thought I would start a new thread about it.

Today I went to a place called the Jolly Boatman, as teh weather was not too good it probably looks better in sun shine.

http://www.jollyboatman.com/index.aspx (I sat on the table on that you can see on the right hand side of the Barn Resturant pic)

Food was good, I am working tonight so don't know what the beer was like. However the glass of cola I had was good.

It was the 1st time I have been to the place I kind of liked it but SWMBO did not like the food choice (she is more a simple food type of person)

The boy had a kids meal that to be fair would of been large enough for some adults.

They had free WIFI that required no log in which is nice as the "Cloud" style ones always annoy me with the data harnessing they always want. However I could not get a stable signal on my phone, and yes I did walk around most of the pub to get it to work. They had even made the effort to have a second router as well.

Outside 6/10
Inside 4/10
Beer Unknown
Food 7/10
Atmosphere 3/10
Staff 3/10
Wifi 2/10
A pub guide with unknown beer rating :yikes:

I'm with SWMBO on the pub food though, much prefer the simpler stuff but there are a couple of things on the menu that fit the bill.
It's the other side of bloody Kidlington, miles away! :P

I like how you created this thread and more or less only i can benefit from it :D
Also, on Monday I went back to The Kings Arms in Sanford, this time to walk along the river bank (so did not go into the pub however I took a photo of it anyway)

The whole point of the day out was to try out SWMBO's new camera, so here are some photos we took. Around the Lock which is right next to the Pub.

The Pub is just on the right hand side of that last shot.

you can see the pub in the background

an elusive picture of the Jabberwocky

A pub guide with unknown beer rating :yikes:

I'm with SWMBO on the pub food though, much prefer the simpler stuff but there are a couple of things on the menu that fit the bill.

I am in 2 minds about the place, however as it would need her to drive if I was to sample the beer and she does not like the place chances of returning is slim.
It's the other side of bloody Kidlington, miles away! :P

I like how you created this thread and more or less only i can benefit from it :D

It might end up with a review of Mark Webbers pub ;-)
I want to go drinking in Oxford now - only 30mins on the train, so its not out of the realms of possibilities...

Me too, me too! I'm not that far away either!

This thread is a goldmine for pub lovers Jabber. :D
I popped out to lunch in another pub today, I even managed to have a beer in this one.

I can not see the website as I am in work but this is the one google says it is http://www.theredlion.co/

It is a bit closer for Scotty as well.

I have been to this place a few times so knew what to expect. They even have a bouncy castle in the garden for little ones. Plus a Tea room if your bringing your Nan.

Beer I would of liked to have been a bit cooler, I had the Oxford Gold which is a bit to blond a beer for my liking.

Food is nice, the burger is something I would reccomend.

Outside 8/10
Inside 4/10
Beer 5/10
Food 7/10
Atmosphere 5/10
Staff 5/10
Wifi Unknown
Menu at the first pub-jolly boatman looked yummy!!
Great thread. keep them coming :)
Jabber, you're a real ale man! Me too :thumbup:

Far better than pissy lager :P:whip:

I used to be a pissy larger man, then I lived in Cyprus. after about 2 weeks I could not touch larger, so moved onto boddingtons and never looked back. Even now a dozen years later I still gag at the thought of drinking some lagers.

See our F1 related articles too!