FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
How many of these people are ex-forces though? Unhinged by seeing some pretty horrific things or unable to cope once they're out of a very organised way of life and left to fend for themselves and they just snap. I never thought of it like that until someone at work was speaking about it a while back.
PTSD can take years to get over. My mate was still off the rails, 10 years after the 1st Gulf War. He still had nightmares and woke up screaming.

To be fair the MOD is a lot better at dealing and recognising it now
If the purpose of the right to bear arms is so the people can defend themselves against the army should it turn on the people, then if they start chipping away at it by removing the right to buy really powerful repeating guns, then certian people will see it as taking away the ability to defend themselves, since the army has better weapons, and they will think the government is planning to attack its people, then mayhem will ensue. Here's my proposed compromise:
You don't need to take away their right to bear arms if you just add a little paper tag on certain semi auto assault rifles that says
"please shoot responsibly"
or "please only use this gun to defend yourself against the army should it turn on the people or for hunting varmints. If you misuse this gun a sanction will be placed on your permit."
No one would disobey the tag, right? It's like a mattress tag.
If the army decided to turn on it's own people; no amount of commercially available assault rifles will help; the military will have better weapons! The second amendment (for what I understand); was for militia to have to right to bare arms; e.g. modern day law enforcement; despite Wayne LaPierre of the NRA claiming that the best line of defense against the gun wielding loonies is good armed people; but that is BS as good people can turn into bad people in an instant; a moment of insanity you could say!
You keep saying bare arms. I think everyone in the world has the right to bare arms, with the possible exception of muslim women.
You keep saying bare arms. I think everyone in the world has the right to bare arms, with the possible exception of muslim women.

:rofl::yes:

OK, OK, I can't argue that point; I didn't even realize I was writing it like that! The point still stands...

You should see some of the sights in these parts in the summer. Some people should never display any flesh at all! :eek:
So on January 19th, the day we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, the conservative coalition in this country is putting forth a new holiday, called 'Gun appreciation day'. Let's overlook the fact that Dr. King was assassinated by a gunman...

These clips are begging for Darwin Award candidacy.
[youtube]5fWHFMQ8Wlk[/youtube]
You would hope that the military is better armed and better trained.

You'd at least hope they're trained not to look down the barrel of their own gun if it failed to fire.
You would hope that the military is better armed and better trained.

You'd at least hope they're trained not to look down the barrel of their own gun if it failed to fire.

The first guy was a DEA agent.
that video is brilliant.

It does highlight that the the gun laws in America are too relaxed.

Saying that I have seen someone have his jaw smashed to bits whilst on a military range. The man with the "gun" turned around pulling the trigger saying, "something is wrong it it not working!" at which point the range officer that was stood next to him, caught him with an upper cut that took him off his feet.

See our F1 related articles too!