FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Dreadfully sad. When will the gun laws change. It wont stop lunatics going on the rampage but it will limit the damage they can do.
Gun laws will never be changed in the United States; the whole right to bare arms is so fundimental to life in the United States that it will never be altered or repealed. It's shocking how easy it is to get a gun in certain states, literally go in to the gun store; pick your firearm of choice; fill out some paperwork, wait the required cooling off period, get your gun!

I agree wholehearted with DD's sentiments; but that said I have considered getting a gun to protect myself and family against the lunatics running around with guns
Can't go into too much detail because I'm on my phone, however these gun laws in America need to change; I mean most Americans don't even know their beloved constitution ' you have the right to bear arms' is in the constitution, but it's immediately followed by ' in defence of your country' because when it was written the US had no army and was all militia groups.

They always seem to miss out the second part of that sentence.
Last edited by 1Lemon on 21 Jul 12, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Just watched a mother in tears explaining how she escaped the shooting with her 4 year old and her 4 months old baby. WTF was she doing at the movie theater at midnight with those little kids?!? :banghead: Sometimes I ask myself whether I'm actually of the same species when I look at how retarded some people behave... :rolleyes:
Can't go into too much detail because I'm on my phone, however these gun laws in America need to change; I mean most Americans don't even know their beloved constitution ' you have the right to bear arms' is in the constitution, but it's immediately followed by ' in defence of your country' because when it was written the US had no army and was all militia groups.

They always seem to miss out the second part of that sentence.

Not quite right what you say:
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

So, note the subtle meanings here: They acknowledge the need of a militia for the security of a free state (the US), thus, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Meaning also, that the founding fathers (suspicious as always of military - think British army) thought people should always have the power and means (i.e., arms) to defend their freedom, especially against militia or military that may not be well regulated, thus even if they grudgingly admit that a militia/military is necessary, that shouldn't infringe on the right to bear arms for private citizens.
I'm not saying that's right and I think that it was right back then, but not applicable anymore today and should be updated and modernized.
I heard an interview with James Cameron on the radio yesterday about it. he said something along the lines of

"It was terrrible, my friend had a really bad asthma attack."

never mind the multiples of dead and injured. As long as his friend is OK.
An idiot who took the words of the Joker too seriously? "I'm an agent of chaos....anarchy....nothing is fair except chaos...heeheehaahaahooooohaaaaaa" :rolleyes:

Seriously, every civilian able to carry guns is just....pretty stupid. Guns don't kill people, unfortunately there are many many stupid/weak minded civilians out there and they are allowed to have power to cause death and injuries to others. Just doesn't make sense to me.
The trouble is how would the law be recinded?

what would happen to all the guns that are now in America? what sort of economical affect would it have if the gun law was changed?

I am sure that even in the UK, if someone wanted to walk into a cinema and shot people then they would be able to buy a gun. or google seach how to build a bomb, or whatever.

As already said, Guns don't kill people. What if someone wanted to drive into the front of a shop, or a bus stop to kill people, are we going to ban cars?
I don't necessarily think that banning guns is the best idea for the US but tighter controls on ownership and purchase of a firearm needs to be brought into practice. There will always be a blackmarket in firearms but making it harder to obtain a firearm would probably reduce shootings in the US; half the time shootings are not premeditated; they are often situations that get out of hand and a gun is pulled and suddenly one or more people are killed or injured. Americans won't accept a blanket ban on firearms so tighter controls seems to be the solution!
I came across this in the papers today, and was shocked to hell. 12 innocent people were shot, and 50 were injured. Among those caught up in the attack were a three-month-old baby who was treated in hospital and released, a child aged six and people aged 16 to 31 who were treated for exposure to noxious chemicals. The gunman was wielding tear gases and firing randomly at the cinema. His name is Jack Holmes. the 24 year old gunman admitted to the police that he happened to be The Joker, and said "I am batman's enemy"

I was real shocked about this...even the part where it said "There was gunfire, there was babies, there was kids, there was blood eveywhere"
:cloggynmarki::cloggynmarki: Congratulations Brazil :cloggynmarki::cloggynmarki:

I wonder what happens in someones mind so that they think "I am Batmans enemy, I must start shooting up this cinema" It is not as if it was not a drunken idea that got out of hand, by the shounds of his shopping list it was pre planned.

See our F1 related articles too!