FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
So as an outsider looking at the elections tomorrow in Scotland, what's the general consensus and points of view on either side? Is there a reasons point counterpoint or pro/con list that is weighing or tipping the results in one direction over another? Reading about this, it really does have the potential to created a snowball effect in other regional/separatist conflicts in EU countries.
Have a look on my Facebook wall with the scotsman burning the Union Flag to see the pros and cons mate.

In short Scotland has Oil and a lot of other resources that at the moment is underutilised. Solar/wind/water and believe that they will be able to stand on there own 2 feet and not have to pay the evil English all the taxes. As a Welsh man I don't care. Will Scotland be able survive on there own. Who knows, as they will become a non European country will there be massive import taxes for anything they try to sell to the UK? Have they thought about defence, or are they hoping the UK or NATO etc jump in and save them?

In a way I want it to happen to serve as a warning to the rest of the UK who seems to also want freedom from EC.

Sent using NCC-1701
By racechick
A lot is about Alex Salmond loving Alex Salmond and not really thinking through what's actually best for Scotland. Scottish residents have more per head spent on them than Other UK residents enabling them to have things like, free uni fees( English students pay between 3 and 10 grand per year) . free prescriptions ( in England it's about 8 quid a prescription) There is a lot of resentment in England about these inconsistencies. Salmond wants to keep the pound but non of the debt associated with it. He wants independence from The UK but wants to remain in Europe with the dictats that come with it.
I believe it was Scotland that wanted unification in the first place (though defensively it made sense to the rest of the UK)

I think common sense will prevail and it will be a no vote and an end to Salmond. I wonder then will the rest of the UK get a vote saying 'Do you want Scotland to remain part if the UK,' yes or no. Now that would be an interesting poll.
Have a look on my Facebook wall with the scotsman burning the Union Flag to see the pros and cons mate.

In short Scotland has Oil and a lot of other resources that at the moment is underutilised. Solar/wind/water and believe that they will be able to stand on there own 2 feet and not have to pay the evil English all the taxes. As a Welsh man I don't care. Will Scotland be able survive on there own. Who knows, as they will become a non European country will there be massive import taxes for anything they try to sell to the UK? Have they thought about defence, or are they hoping the UK or NATO etc jump in and save them?

In a way I want it to happen to serve as a warning to the rest of the UK who seems to also want freedom from EC.

Sent using NCC-1701

To be fair - I know the picture you're talking about, and it's a fake I'm afraid. One of my buddies in the armed forces was talking about it yesterday and found out it was a photoshopped image.
To be honest one of my best mates is Scottish and I only posted it to rile him. It worked a treat.

Sent using NCC-1701
By LRW
Anyway.

I finally got back from holiday today and managed to get to watch the Formula E race.

So with the excitement of a 5yr old on Christmas Eve I come here to share my disappointment. And find the usual; thread locked.

So I'll just give my opinion here;

Meh. It all just came across a little armature. I'm hoping it will get better. And that they get rid of the fan voted boost option.

The last corner was spectacular. "Well. You think you are coming past me? Mwahaha."
Anyway.

I finally got back from holiday today and managed to get to watch the Formula E race.

So with the excitement of a 5yr old on Christmas Eve I come here to share my disappointment. And find the usual; thread locked.

So I'll just give my opinion here;

Meh. It all just came across a little armature. I'm hoping it will get better. And that they get rid of the fan voted boost option.

The last corner was spectacular. "Well. You think you are coming past me? Mwahaha."

Lol what do you expect in electric cars if not armature?
By LRW
My holiday?

It was brilliant. I was one to always mock Center Parcs, but for us and the little one, it was perfect.

Only downside was the cost. We knew it was expensive there before we went. And we didn't hold back. Ate out every night and every other lunch. But still for a 4 night holiday, all in it cost me £1200. :yikes:
Fooking hell. I thought it was bad at Butlins we where spending about 200 a day on nothing.

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!