FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
LRW, you reminded me to start this, something which I've thought about doing before. When the evenings are long, contained within the walls of one's home and you have nothing better to do than to log onto Forumula1.com.

...And then it looks pretty quiet....

So let's all just use this thread to chat endlessly about ANYTHING, and avoid derailing topical threads!

Yay! :clap:

So, yeah, LRW I watched the London Underground documentary too! My favourite bit was when that guy got stuck in the gates! :rofl: Imagine all the tutting erupting from the held-up people behind him. :hehe:

Come on folks! Talk to me, I'm nice:thumbup:
By vaptin
My conscience has once again thwarted me.

What would you like to talk about?

I know your an aspiring actor, who mainly works for schools and small film makers. You've been to drama school/university and are from Lancashire but live in North East London on the last segments of the central line (Woodford?).

Err, nice weather today?
How did you know all that vaptin? :yikes:

I didn't realise I'd been so open on the forum :rofl:

Yeah the weather's been immense in London today and yesterday, and I've been making the most of it :)
By LRW
Well this thread has failed already :D

I *hate* working in London. My job requires me to travel up there every so often for design meetings, and it just fills me with anger every time I go on the Underground. Especially in the height of Summer on the central line.

I worked full time up in London for a period of 5.5 months - and thats as long as I could last.

Dont understand why people choose to live and work in inner London. :yuck:

s*** - didnt know you live and work in London LEB, so that wasnt aimed at you...
Last edited by LRW on 12 Mar 12, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

I *hate* working in London. My job requires me to travel up there every so often for design meetings, and it just fills me with anger every time I go on the Underground. Especially in the height of Summer on the central line.

I worked full time up in London for a period of 5.5 months - and thats as long as I could last.

Well, that's why, like vaptin said, I choose to live in the outer parts. It's actually on the border between Greater London and Essex. It's quieter there, and tad more peaceful.
By LRW

Well, that's why, like vaptin said, I choose to live in the outer parts. It's actually on the border between Greater London and Essex. It's quieter there, and tad more peaceful.

Well if you can get to a tubeline easily, thats London as far as I am concerned. lol

When I worked there, I was about 1.5h commute, each way. Horrible.
Rush hour is just awful. Sardine time! :eek:

Being on the "last tube" at night is also an experience. Drunken folk drooling and lolling all over the place... an interesting experience. :hehe:
By vaptin
How did you know all that vaptin? :yikes:

I didn't realise I'd been so open on the forum :rofl:

Yeah the weather's been immense in London today and yesterday, and I've been making the most of it :)

:hehe:

And that's just the facts I recalled I could search your posts or attempt to infer stuff about your character based on your posts. :whip: maybe even for me that's a bit too far :twisted:

Did you like maths at school?

I love the Tube, its the buses that are the problem.

And that's just the facts I recalled I could search your posts or attempt to infer stuff about your character based on your posts. :whip: maybe even for me that's a bit too far :twisted:

Well I was fortunate enough to be in the top set at everything at school. Everything, that is, apart from mathematics, which saw me moved into the class down. Having said that, I was one of the best in that "Set 2" class.

Some parts of the maths syllabus I loved, especially graph work (linked in well to Geography). The core subject I excelled at most, however, was English (Literature / Language). Did you like English at school? I take it you like Maths? :)
By vaptin

Well I was fortunate enough to be in the top set at everything at school. Everything, that is, apart from mathematics, which saw me moved into the class down. Having said that, I was one of the best in that "Set 2" class.

Some parts of the maths syllabus I loved, especially graph work (linked in well to Geography). The core subject I excelled at most, however, was English (Literature / Language). Did you like English at school? I take it you like Maths? :)

I think in the UK it seems people choose either/or (Maths/Science and English), and it hurts the country. That's just an assumption though, the person who likes creativity, grand visions, emotional pacing is likely to feel frustrated in the rigid logic of maths, I don't even have evidence or external sources to back that up.

I like both. I didn't like Maths in school so much, have come to appreciate it now, it still seems boring to me to actually do though.

English in school was great.

:thumbup::yes:

I loved it. I still read a lot now... anything really. Fiction, classical literature, poetry, plays, non-fiction... I love it all. I went on to do it at A Level, alongside Drama and Geography. And then I trained for three years as an actor. It's a bloody difficult industry in which to make ends meet! :hehe::eek:
By andrew
Being on the "last tube" at night is also an experience. Drunken folk drooling and lolling all over the place... an interesting experience. :hehe:

That's just the northerners in a normal state of mind. :hehe:

That's just the northerners in a normal state of mind. :hehe:

:rofl:

And I feel right at home amidst the carnage! :hehe::drink:
By vaptin

I loved it. I still read a lot now... anything really. Fiction, classical literature, poetry, plays, non-fiction... I love it all. I went on to do it at A Level, alongside Drama and Geography. And then I trained for three years as an actor. It's a bloody difficult industry in which to make ends meet! :hehe::eek:

I'll ask you more about it tomorrow, I'm heading off now - didn't want to just leave "mid conversation".

I'll ask you more about it tomorrow, I'm heading off now - didn't want to just leave "mid conversation".

Nice one, thanks for the convo! :thumbup:

Have a good evening. :)

See our F1 related articles too!