FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Finally, 2014 is over!! Good riddance!!

Here's hoping 2015 is the year Ferrari can go back into the future!!

What have you heard / read about Team Ferrari and the year 2015??
 wrote:">Ferrari appoints Maurizio Arrivabene to lead Gestione Sportiva

Maranello (Italy) 24 November 2014 – Ferrari is pleased to announce the appointment of Maurizio Arrivabene as Managing Director of Gestione Sportiva and as Team Principal of Scuderia Ferrari, replacing Marco Mattiacci.

Mr Arrivabene comes to Ferrari from Philip Morris, which he joined in 1997 after a 20 years career in marketing and promotions in Italy and abroad.Maurizio Arrivabene has held a variety of posts in Philip Morris, leading up to his appointment in 2007 as Vice President of Marlboro Global Communication & Promotions for Philip Morris International and, in 2011, as Vice President Consumer Channel Strategy and Event Marketing. He has been an independent member of the board of Juventus FC since 2012 also. From 2011 to 2012 he has been a member of the Sport Business Academy (SDA Bocconi School of Management and RCS Sport), in the Advisory Team Program.

Throughout his time with Philip Morris, Maurizio Arrivabene has been closely involved in the partnership with Ferrari both in Maranello and on the world’s racing circuits. He has also represented all Formula One sponsors on the F1 Commission since 2010.

“We decided to appoint Maurizio Arrivabene because, at this historic moment in time for the Scuderia and for Formula 1, we need a person with a thorough understanding not just of Ferrari but also of the governance mechanisms and requirements of the sport,” commented Ferrari Chairman Sergio Marchionne. “Maurizio has a unique wealth of knowledge: he has been extremely close to the Scuderia for years and, as a member of the F1 Commission, is also keenly aware of the challenges we are facing. He has been a constant source of innovative ideas focused on revitalisation of Formula One. His managerial experience on a highly complex and closely regulated market is also of great importance, and will help him manage and motivate the team. I am delighted to have been able to secure his leadership for our racing activities”.

“We would also like to thank Marco Mattiacci for his service to Ferrari in the last 15 years and we wish him well in his future endeavours” concluded Mr Marchionne.
Honestly I'm sick and tired of these internal politicking him-hawings, I'm waaaay past ready for results. I almost shed a tear watching Alonso battle with a bloody Caterham this past Sunday.
 wrote:">Kimi: “Working as a team”

Maranello, 27 November

Kimi Raikkonen ended his 2014 season with a day of testing at Abu Dhabi and before returning to Maranello, where he will take part in further 2015 development work alongside the team, he summed up how testing had gone and what the near future held in store for the Scuderia. “The components we tested in Abu Dhabi have produced a lot of useful data, which can now be analysed along with that from Sunday’s Grand Prix. The team’s priorities are clear and we are well aware what are the areas that did not match up to our expectations. I am sure that thanks to the knowledge we acquired over the course of the season, we will be able to develop a more competitive car. Clearly, how much progress we make depends on the time available and the possibilities presented by the regulations, which for the moment, impose certain limits for everyone, but I have every confidence in the ability of the team.”

Working as a team.

Kimi also commented on his new team-mate, Sebastian Vettel: “It was nice that he joined us in the garage for the first day of testing, although I have to say that didn’t surprise me, because I know what he’s like and his approach to work. I think we can enjoy ourselves on track together, both of us fighting to be ahead of the other, while also working as a team to reach the common target of progressing in order to get the Scuderia back to the level it should be at.”

The right man.

Raikkonen also commented on the change at the top of the Scuderia: “I’ve known Maurizio Arrivabene for a long time I believe he is an extremely competent person and perfect for the role of Team Principal that he has been given. Maurizio has known Ferrari and the business of Formula 1 for a long time and I believe he has the ability to motivate and push the team back to the level it deserves to be at. Everyone in the team, in every area of activity will now have to tackle a lot of hard work to get the new car ready.”
Just had to highlight Kimi's opinion about Arrivabene:

wrote:">Kimi: “Working as a team”

The right man.

Raikkonen also commented on the change at the top of the Scuderia: “I’ve known Maurizio Arrivabene for a long time I believe he is an extremely competent person and perfect for the role of Team Principal that he has been given. Maurizio has known Ferrari and the business of Formula 1 for a long time and I believe he has the ability to motivate and push the team back to the level it deserves to be at. Everyone in the team, in every area of activity will now have to tackle a lot of hard work to get the new car ready.”

Kimi doesn't mention beds or the FIA, does he?
, (as translated by LiveSearch and edited by sagi58) Franco Nugnes
 wrote:">Ferrari revolution: even Pat Fry is already on ... holidays
The lights are off. The Office is closed, while the racing Department is in full swing at Maranello with the dawning of the 666, the Prancing Horse car which must relaunch the Ferrari in Formula 1 2015. Pat Fry, head of the Engineering Team, is on vacation. As was Nicholas Tombazis? Chief designer since 2006, responsible for all projects is officially on vacation, even though he is actually defining his exit from Sports Management.

The responsibility to carry out the execution and development of the 666 was given to Simon Resta, the 44-year-old engineer who was promoted. Two of the men trusted by James Allison, the English engineer, were sacrificed before the new car has even put the wheels on the ground.

Clearly, there is a willingness to eliminate any sign of continuity with the horrible year that has just ended: it has been 21 years since Ferrari did not win a race in a season. And the fourth place in the manufacturers ' World Championship testifies to how troubled a season it was for the unhappy F14 T.

President Sergio Marchionne and Maurizio Arrivabene, the newly appointed team principal coming straight from Philip Morris, have given the Prancing Horse team another direction, continuing a turn over of more than 60 people. In short, Ferrari, is changing face: even the two engineers on track will have be different.

Sebastian Vettel will be able to work with Richard Adami, since Andrea Stella followed Fernando Alonso to Mclaren, while Kimi Raikkonen should relate well with David Greenwood, the technician came to Maranello by Marussia that will replace Antonio Spagnolo.

WoW!! Marchionne really wants to distance himself from di Montezemolo!! :eek:

, Admin wrote:">Ferrari changes tune on track testing issue

Ferrari has changed its tune over the issue of track testing in formula one.

Historically, since the sport drastically cut down on the allowed amount of private and official testing on cost grounds, Ferrari has argued stridently against the new era.

But Maranello is now run by a new president, Fiat-Chrysler's Sergio Marchionne, alongside the former Marlboro executive and new team boss Maurizio Arrivabene.

On Monday as they sat with reporters, it became clear Ferrari's stance about testing has dramatically changed.

"We have talked about it," Marchionne said, "but the tests on the track will not be reintroduced."

Ferrari's new stance might be related to vast investments the team has made since the dawning of the 'no testing' era, for example in the realm of state-of-the-art simulators.

And an all-new facility at Maranello will be opened in mid-January, Germany's Sport Bild revealed.

But Marchionne explained: "The costs associated with this (allowing more free testing) would be detrimental to the already stretched budgets of more than one team.

"Having this kind of activity would only increase the scope of what is already a very serious situation for a number of teams," he added, "in what is a less than encouraging global situation."

See our F1 related articles too!