FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58

Who doesn't remember Curly, Larry and Moe? Better known as the Three Stooges!!

As a kid, I loved watching their antics and to this day, they bring a smile to my face!
Slapstick isn't something I watch every day, all day; but, it has its place and time!

Thought I'd start a new thread so we can share funny things we've seen/ heard/ read
about Ferrari!! After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, you probably can't laugh!!
By sagi58
Love Ferrari... Love Keanu Reeves... Love to laugh...
in this quote, I get all three:

Brainy Quote

Here comes 40. I'm feeling my age and I've ordered the Ferrari. I'm going to get the whole mid-life crisis package.

Keanu Reeves
By sagi58
What is it with cars and women that lead to so many comparisons:

Women are like cars: we all want a Ferrari, sometimes want a pickup truck, and end up with a station wagon.

Tim Allen

Even women do it:

The body is like a car: the older you become the more care you have to take care of it - and you don't leave a Ferrari out in the sun.

Joan Collins
By sagi58
First reaction, :yikes: is he ever lucky!!
Second reaction, :confused: how does that even happen??

Third reaction, :hehe: is he sitting in a high chair??
By Jabberwocky
First reaction, :yikes: is he ever lucky!!
Second reaction, :confused: how does that even happen??

Third reaction, :hehe: is he sitting in a high chair??

Is it a cut and shut
By Jabberwocky
Lol. In the UK many years ago, I just assumed it happened everywhere. If you had 2 cars of the same make and model one had a front end smash and another had a rear end smash, irreparable garages would cut them in half and weld the 2 good half's together.

It was made illigal because the cars had a tendency to break in half if they where in another accident.
By Jabberwocky
From Wiki

One form of lemon is called a cut and shut or clipping, a form of body collision "repair" based on buying a wrecked car and sawing off the wrecked section to replace it with a matching section from another (similar) car. If improperly repaired these vehicles may be inherently dangerous; at high speeds, or in an accident, the car may come apart due to the weaknesses of the welds or pins connecting the two segments of the vehicle or mismatches of segments.[6][7] In the UK cut and shut cars are treated like any car that has had major repair work resulting in what is essentially a new car. They must first be inspected for road-worthiness, be assigned a new registration number and pass the standard MOT test. If this is successful they will be given a "Q" registration, meaning they are a kit, or composite car and not an original unit from the manufacturer. [8] In some states of the USA, the sale of cut and shut vehicles is illegal. Cars created using two or more large sections of previous ones are sometimes called "zipper cars".

See our F1 related articles too!