FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Laps - 70
Circuit length - 4.381 km (2.722 mi)
Race length - 306.663 km (190.560 mi)
Number of times held - 29
First held - 1936
Most wins (drivers) - Germany Michael Schumacher (4)
& United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton (4)
Most wins (constructors) - United Kingdom McLaren (11)
I have some good and bad memories from this track. The best being when Nigel swept past Ayrton and another car. Remember, Nigel did this on the track where it's supposed to be almost impossible to pass one car. I'd add that Nigel managed this pass without locking up or running into another car :hehe: He went on to win having started out of the top ten.

The bad of course is Felipe's horrible accident here in 2009.
Wasn't watching when Nigell was racing; but, I definitely remember Massa's accident.
Horrible!! Scary!! Nerve-wracking!!

Here's hoping it's a safe race for all!!
Posted a genuine Q over on the Ferrari support thread, curious about your opinions. I'll do my part to keep any mudslinging at bay.
I tried. But, it's obvious that there is a huge lack of respect from some members
who prefer to be condescending or sarcastic, rather than accept that there are
differing points of view that are valid.

That's fine, since I am too long in the tooth to care. :thumbup:
I tried. But, it's obvious that there is a huge lack of respect from some members
who prefer to be condescending or sarcastic, rather than accept that there are
differing points of view that are valid.

That's fine, since I am too long in the tooth to care. :thumbup:

Fair enough sagi.

Also, as I posted, I thought your post in that thread was a good one and made good points!
What a great effort by Dan today. He drove superbly. And it was an inspired drive by Fernando to nurse his tires to the end and keep all but Dan behind him. The team strategy was also good to keep Nando out and sacrifice some new tire speed for track position.

Dan has earned through his driving 149 points so far this year. :clap::clap::clap::drink::clap::clap::clap:
I'm happy for Dan, he drove a great race.
Nando drove a brilliant race, and I was a little disappointed he couldn't hang on just a bit longer, but there was no way to hold off Dan who just had way too much grip.
These are the sort of results that can become turning points as we wait to be allowed to improve our car after the end of the season.
What's the general opinion? Happy with that or absolutely gutted Fernando couldnt hang on?

I really thought he was going to be able to hang on...
I was watching the time lapsed, hoping they'd call time!!
It hurt that he wasn't able to hang on; but, considering
the results thusfar, I think second was a much needed
shot of adrenaline for the team!!

So... in the end, happily gutted!! :hehe:
In the midst of all the indignation that Hamilton was asked not to hold Rosberg up,
two things are not being addressed:

1) Mercedes gave a team order... something they said they'd never do...
something their fans shouted from the rooftops and were so proud of...

2) Once given, Hamilton chose to ignore/refuse to follow a team order...
how is that acceptable from a team point of view...

Also, since we have heard over and again, ad nauseum how Ferrari isn't bigger than F1;
doesn't ignoring your team's directive imply that you're bigger than your team??

See our F1 related articles too!