FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I read about that, spanky!! Not surprised to be honest!!
Mind you, this late in the game, I don't see what Mercedes has to lose!!
As for next year, let's face it, everyone is going to do what is in their best interests!!
Not sure whether I should go ahead and ask this on here but you guys are a free lot so why the hell not?

Anyone here moving with Alonso next season? I'm looking at you Sagi :wavey:

I just might have one leg in Ferrari and another cheering Alonso on. I don't blame him.
Thanks for asking 3double8!!

My answer is no, I won't be leaving/moving away from Ferrari as my first choice to win!!

As for Alonso, like I did with Kimi, I will root for him, just as long as he doesn't impede Ferrari's drivers.

How's that? :D
Sounds good enough to me haha. My boy Nando is professional so you have nothing to worry about. There's no way I'm supporting Vettel ugh I can already visualise him in that red outfit:mad:. The Iceman all the way!
Sounds good enough to me haha. My boy Nando is professional so you have nothing to worry about. There's no way I'm supporting Vettel ugh I can already visualise him in that red outfit :mad:. The Iceman all the way!

I'm really sorry that Ferrari wasn't able to give Alonso the car they both needed to become champions again.
Mind you, he hasn't actually left, has he?? Ferrari hasn't actually said good-bye to him, have they??

Who knows...
For sure I will follow Nando wherever he is and for sure I will enjoy his great drives. Just like Sagi it will be behind my cheers for Ferrari. Most people here know I appreciate any good drive and moves. Over time I've become a big fan of Lewis, despite some of his Looney Tune fans. If we can get a competitive car by '16 I'd love to see him drive for us.
One last thing 3double8, until we hear officially otherwise, Nando is a Ferrari contracted driver until 2016 :)
For sure I will follow Nando wherever he is and for sure I will enjoy his great drives. Just like Sagi it will be behind my cheers for Ferrari. Most people here know I appreciate any good drive and moves. Over time I've become a big fan of Lewis, despite some of his Looney Tune fans. If we can get a competitive car by '16 I'd love to see him drive for us.

Same here, I actually did not begin to appreciate Lewis until his final season in McLaren. He was such a whiner to me the whole time.

One last thing 3double8, until we hear officially otherwise, Nando is a Ferrari contracted driver until 2016 :)

The whole of yesterday I was reading about how Vettel signed with Ferrari and this left Nando out in the cold knocking on doors :yikes: . Vettel really gives no f**ks
So I'm hearing that if no team has an opening, Nando might be forced to sit next season out. :yikes: What a complete waste. My Nando.
Sounds good enough to me haha. My boy Nando is professional so you have nothing to worry about. There's no way I'm supporting Vettel ugh I can already visualise him in that red outfit :mad:. The Iceman all the way!

I'm really sorry that Ferrari wasn't able to give Alonso the car they both needed to become champions again.
Mind you, he hasn't actually left, has he?? Ferrari hasn't actually said good-bye to him, have they??

Who knows...

Apparently Vettel signed with Ferrari leaving Nando out to freeze. Not sure whether Nando has already terminated his contract though

Who knows...

Apparently Vettel signed with Ferrari leaving Nando out to freeze. Not sure whether Nando has already terminated his contract though

Nothing is official yet. The only "confirmed" part is that Seb has left Red Bull and he has been replaced by Kvyat. :yes:
The longer we don't hear anything official, the more theories are put forward. >>Here's<< one that suggests Ferrari's team next year will be Fernando and Seb.

I don't think we'll hear anything until Sergio Marchionne takes over from LcDM tomorrow.
Maybe it will get announced all together.

Sky reported the Ferrari/Alonso contract was cancelled by Ferrari on the Thursday before the Japan GP

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
The longer we don't hear anything official, the more theories are put forward. >>Here's<< one that suggests Ferrari's team next year will be Fernando and Seb.

I don't think we'll hear anything until Sergio Marchionne takes over from LcDM tomorrow.

Well... it's not exactly impossible, is it? Alonso does have a contract.
Kimi has said he plans to retire. Red Bull has said that Vettel is leaving.

Stranger things have happened, eh??
, Ben Anderson wrote:">Fernando Alonso plays down chances of taking F1 sabbatical in 2015

Fernando Alonso says there is "not a big risk" that he will end up without a drive in Formula 1 next season.

The double F1 world champion is set to leave Ferrari at the end of 2014 with two years left on his current contract, after his five-year relationship with the Scuderia broke down.

Mercedes is Alonso's preferred destination, but it has ruled out signing him until 2016 at the earliest, so the Spaniard's options appear limited to joining McLaren or taking a sabbatical in 2015.

But with Alonso keen to keep his options open for 2016, McLaren seeking to tie him down for longer than a single season, and no obvious competitive alternatives, there appears no guarantee Alonso will race in F1 next year.

When asked by AUTOSPORT during the Russian Grand Prix whether there was a danger he could end up without a drive in F1 next season, Alonso replied: "Probably not a big risk.

"I am not in a hurry [to announce my future]. As I said in Suzuka, I understand the curiosity and I understand the fans, and the news that can be around the future, but do not worry.

"Just relax, enjoy, and when it is time to know it, you will know it.

"As I said in Suzuka, my mind is set for the last two or three months, and you will understand that it is very obvious what I will do.

"I will do the best for my future, the best for the future of Ferrari as well, because that has been my priority for several years.

"So my decision inside and outside the track was to help this fantastic team, and I am still happy with the things we have."

Alonso's current Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen has a year remaining on his own contract, and although Sebastian Vettel's decision to quit Red Bull for Ferrari suggests Alonso will definitely be departing the Scuderia, the Spaniard refused to confirm he has agreed to leave.

When asked whether he's signed a clause to end his spell at Ferrari, Alonso replied: "Well I didn't say that, and Ferrari didn't say that, so this is just another rumour."
So...

We have speculation that Alonso may not be driving in F1 next year:
, Ben Anderson wrote:">...Fernando Alonso says there is "not a big risk" that he will end up without a drive in Formula 1 next season...

We have speculation that Alonso is leaving, in spite of his contract with Ferrari until 2016...
, Ben Anderson wrote:">...The double F1 world champion is set to leave Ferrari at the end of 2014 with two years left on his current contract, after his five-year relationship with the Scuderia broke down...

We have Alonso detailing his priorities...
, Ben Anderson wrote:">..."I will do the best for my future, the best for the future of Ferrari as well, because that has been my priority for several years...

We have Alonso stating his sentiments:
, Ben Anderson wrote:">..."So my decision inside and outside the track was to help this fantastic team, and I am still happy with the things we have."...

We have a reminder about the status of Kimi's contract, which seems to be more important than Alonso's...
, Ben Anderson wrote:">...Alonso's current Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen has a year remaining on his own contract...

We have more speculation, this time around Vettel coming to Ferrari, even though he the only thing
he has confirmed is his exit from Red Bull...
, Ben Anderson wrote:">...although Sebastian Vettel's decision to quit Red Bull for Ferrari suggests Alonso will definitely be departing the Scuderia, the Spaniard refused to confirm he has agreed to leave...

And, finally, we have Alonso teasing us with...
, Ben Anderson wrote:">...When asked whether he's signed a clause to end his spell at Ferrari, Alonso replied: "Well I didn't say that, and Ferrari didn't say that, so this is just another rumour."

The Truth must be in there, somewhere, no?Image

See our F1 related articles too!