FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
We may have to wait a while, lots to improve and catch up with our car, but, won't it be a nice thing to hear the German and Italian anthem played after Seb's first win :)

Been there, done that in 2008 :wink:

Correct, but I was thinking of a few years earlier - was a fairly common happening back then

Seb's first win was MY keyword :thumbup:
2015 Vettel and Fernando partner at Ferrari.
2016 Jules recovers and replaces Fernando at Ferrari. Fernando moves to Haas.
Sources close to Kimi says he is a Ferrari driver for next year

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Like Marc Gene?
Non è facile (It's not easy) ................

[youtube]5IrOHfVkHOA[/youtube]
From the FiA Thursday Press Conference with Fernando, Seb, Jenson, Adrian Sutil and Daniil Kvyat....
>>Source<<

Q: (Andrea Cremonesi – La Gazzetta dello Sport) ... And for Sebastian, changing the matter, we know you split from Red Bull and we would like to know when you can announce the new team and why you wait for the announcement please?

SV: No update really. I hope I will be able to make an announcement soon and once the announcement is out I think you are probably clever enough to draw the conclusion why I had to wait.

Yeah Baby :hehe:
Lotus confirms whats been pretty much known for months, they will be using Mercedes engines next year.

wrote:">Struggling Lotus seal deal for Mercedes powertrain from 2015 season

Enstone outfit cut ties with Renault as they plot way back to the front

Lotus will end their long association with Renault and switch to F1’s class-leading Mercedes engine from the 2015 season, it has been confirmed.

The signing of what has been termed a “long-term” agreement for Mercedes’ powertrain has been trailed for several months with Lotus to effectively replace McLaren, who are reuninting with Honda, in the German manufacturer’s customer stable next season.

Lotus have endured a miserably competitive season following F1’s switch to hybrid turbo power this year, scoring just eight points all year, but believe a supply of the most competitive engines in the field will make for a more potent 2015 car.

"We are pleased to have been chosen by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains in a significant long term deal," Lotus F1 CEO Matthew Carter said in a joint statement.

"We intend to return to the front of the field with the goals of winning Grands Prix and being a strong championship contender once more and we see this new agreement as one step towards this aim. The Mercedes-Benz Power Unit has shown good performance on track and it is our goal to marry this motive force to Enstone's chassis expertise.

"It is our desire that the E23 Hybrid, powered by Mercedes-Benz, heralds a new era of success for Enstone. At this juncture we would also like to thank Renault, who have been so closely associated with the team over its history and for the joint success we have achieved together."
Autosport is reporting that Vettel will arrive at Ferrari with a swag of Red Bull staff to bolster the SF team.
A couple of days old, but worth a mention. In Singapore all the teams agreed to a partial lifting of engine development freeze for next. This week, at the technical committee, Mercedes reneged of their position in Singapore along with lotus. But is still passed because, at this level only a majority decision was needed. But it will likely need a unanimous decision to be implemented. Fingers crossed all teams still make the right decision for the sport.

See our F1 related articles too!