FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Hasn't this already come and gone?

Sent using NCC-1701

Apparently its such a great idea it will be back for the next round >>source<<:hehe:
There's a really good video at the site, so follow the link. It's Eddie answering a few questions covering Ferrari itself, but also on the new F1, the sound and some of the more recent regulations. Well worth the watch :thumbup:

wrote:">Eddie, 15 years on

Maranello, 24 September- Eddie Irvine had not been to Maranello since 1999, when he was last a driver for Scuderia Ferrari, over a four year period from 1996. It was a step back in time for the Irishman, here just to enjoy catching up with old friends and to have a look at how the factory has changed. “It’s fantastic to be here after such a long time and it’s really surprising to see how much things have changed since I was last here,” he told www.ferrari.com during a one-off factory tour laid on for him, which went from the new production areas and ended at the Gestione Sportiva.

“I saw a lot changes everywhere, such as the work on the historic cars, which is a passion of mine, that’s really incredible, as is the level of technology now used in the production areas. I’ve got nothing but nice memories of the four years I spent here, even if in the beginning it was a disaster because of all the problems we had with the car.

It was an incredible opportunity and a great honour, that any driver would want to experience at least once in his life.”He did not seem to think much of the new Formula 1: “I always watch the races, even if I’m not particularly keen on the new things like the boost button and the DRS, the fact the noise has gone and having races in countries with no motor sport tradition.” However, the former Ferrari driver feels the current season is producing plenty of excitement and that the next one should be even better.” It’s great to see the drivers fighting. Ferrari needs to make a step forward and I think it can do it, so that next year will be even more interesting.”
The suspense is freaking killing me!!!
What's going on with Alonso!!

And, please, please, please, no more
speculation!! Just the facts, please??
Specially for sagi :hehe:

Alonso and Lee Harvey Oswald

September 25, 2014 by Joe Saward

Fernando Alonso is at the centre of every rumour known to man. He’s going to Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus and Williams and, because he hasn’t denied being on the grassy knoll in Dallas in 1963, he is also thought to have been one of 13 shooters who assassinated President John F Kennedy. He may also have been responsible for the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland in 1985 on the basis that he once wore flippers.

Honestly, the stories one hears about Alonso… and it does not seem to matter if he denies them because it seems that few believe a word he says since the McLaren revelations of 2007 and, of course, Singapore 2008. I do actually feel sorry for the bloke sometimes, but as a farmer or a priest will tell you, you reap what you sow in life.
Anyway, whether he is believed or not, he is respected as a great driver and he continues to show his extraordinary abilities at each and every Grand Prix. He does not let the slow Ferrari get him down, he just drives the wheels off it, never gives up and currently lies fourth on the Drivers’ World Championship in z car that is good for ninth or 10th. The fact that he has still won only two World titles is astonishing, given his ability, although he has been rather good at being in the wrong place at the right time.
In theory, he’s going nowhere next year because of his Ferrari contract, but, as a pal of mine remarked recently, an F1 contract has as much value as toilet paper in this day and age. McLaren would now love to have him (ain’t that ironic) and the only team that seems not to want him that much is the one he currently drives for. Down Maranello way, they are into five-year plans and five years from now Alonso will be 38 and, according to F1 thinking, he will be over the hill.

He has been talking of late of buying a professional cycling team and is currently waiting to hear if he has been granted a licence by the Union Cycliste Internationale (the FIA without the horsepower). The funny thing is that I am now hearing the Alonso may also be considering buying himself a share of a Formula 1 team, for investment purposes. There is some sound logic in this as some of the teams have all you need but simply lack the money to run properly. If the running budgets can be found then there are assets to be had cheaply at the moment. F1 will eventually wake up to real world realities that there must be budget capping of some sort and when that happens the teams will all rise in value in dramatic fashion. It would be guessing to say which team might interest Ferdy, but the teams looking for help include Lotus (for which he won two World Championships), Sauber, Caterham and Marussia. He might also be interested in Toro Rosso as the word is that after five years being co-owned by Red Bull and Aabar, the time is coming when options must be taken up or dropped. Being a business partner with Dietrich Mateschitz might be a smart move for Fernando, and might perhaps one day open the door to a Red Bull drive…
Then again he might soon be arrested for Dallas 1963, so one must not take rumours too seriously…

(Oh, and for those of you who do not have a sense of humour, the JFK stuff is a joke, so please don’t write in saying that Fernando was not born until 1981.)
And this one for good measure:

Rumours about Fernando Alonso's future direction in Formula 1 have crossed into the absurd following reports that he could switch to the struggling Lotus squad.

In TV parlance it is known as 'jumping the shark' - the moment when a show begins to decline in quality due to ludicrous plot twists and its protagonists behaving out of character.

If Fernando Alonso's future in F1 were a TV show - and it does feel increasingly like a soap opera - it would now have done just that.

Because German publication Sport Bild says Flavio Briatore is plotting an audacious bid to take Alonso to Lotus with the financial support of billionaire Lawrence Stroll. The Canadian, who made his money in the clothing industry, is known to be considering buying into an F1 squad, with Lotus, Sauber and Marussia all being mooted as possible purchases.

Meanwhile Briatore has a long-standing association with Alonso. He was his manager throughout the early years of the Spaniard's F1 career and ran the Renault team when Alonso claimed back-to-back titles in 2005 and 2006.

The two remain friends, though their link has been far less public since Briatore was banned from the sport for orchestrating the Singapore Grand Prix 'Crashgate' scandal of 2008. Infamously, Alonso won the race after team-mate Nelson Piquet Jr. had intentionally crashed.

However, this friendship does not explain why Alonso would choose to race for Lotus over his current squad Ferrari, or suitors McLaren-Honda, in 2015. The Enstone-based team have scored just 8 points this season compared with Ferrari's 178 and are known to be in financial difficulties - which could well have a negative effect on their 2015 car.

What's more, Lotus - unlike Ferrari and McLaren - do not have the support of a major manufacturer behind them. The team will be a customer Mercedes team next year following a disastrous campaign with long-time partners Renault.

Indeed, it seems highly unlikely that Alonso would join a squad that his current team-mate Kimi Raikkonen abandoned just 12 months ago because they could not pay his wages, though if he did Kimi would surely raise a smile.

As Alonso rumours go it's the most outlandish yet. Surely a return to Ferrari or a switch to the McLaren camp remain his only two realistic choices.

Grazie!! :thumbup:

...[Alonso] has been talking of late of buying a professional cycling team and is currently waiting to hear if he has been granted a licence by the Union Cycliste Internationale (the FIA without the horsepower). The funny thing is that I am now hearing the Alonso may also be considering buying himself a share of a Formula 1 team, for investment purposes...

:yikes: How can he afford to do all that?? After all, he's not even the most marketable driver in F1!! :twisted:

Grazie!! :thumbup:

...[Alonso] has been talking of late of buying a professional cycling team and is currently waiting to hear if he has been granted a licence by the Union Cycliste Internationale (the FIA without the horsepower). The funny thing is that I am now hearing the Alonso may also be considering buying himself a share of a Formula 1 team, for investment purposes...

:yikes: How can he afford to do all that?? After all, he's not even the most marketable driver in F1!! :twisted:

Di niente, cara mia!
Great car and hard to tell which is greater, its sales or track success.

[pdfview]http://miascuderia.com/media/Ferrari/458SpecialeA.pdf[/pdfview]

See our F1 related articles too!