FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Can we have the other Red Bull driver please.

The team needs to be dispassionate in selecting drivers, now more so than ever. Tifosi likewise. The simple fact of the matter is Nando and Lewis are head and shoulders the best drivers on the grid. Some Tifosi dislike Lewis because part of his fan-base is, how to put this nicely, very looney. If we were to lose Nando (don't want that to happen yet but its possible) then, if it were up to me, I'd go as hard as I could after Lewis. On the positive side a lot of the loonatic fringe would stop following him once he was in red :hehe:

There's only one other driver with the potential to be a Nando or Lewis and that's Dan. If we lost Nando and couldn't get Lewis then Dan should be our next target. If we can't lure any of those then we need to bring Jules on board a couple of years ahead of schedule.
Oh yeah, I can't be happy for Alonso to leave but I always wanted Vettel to come to Ferrari.
I've mentioned this kid before, he is an enormous talent. Definitely one to watch and keep watching. Sagi, note the flag on top of his pit board :) Could it be in 5 years time we have Dan and Lance driving for Ferrari - that would be sweet.

wrote:">FDA – Stroll crowned Italian Champion

Maranello, 14 September – Today was a landmark for Lance Stroll, as he won the Italian Formula 4 Championship at the Vallelunga circuit, in the third to last round of the season.

Having started from the fifth row in the first race, the Canadian Ferrari Driver Academy student gradually moved up the order, to take the lead with two laps to go. Then, starting third in the final race of the weekend, Lance first lost and then won back one place in the opening stages and after catching his Prema Powerteam team-mate, Brandon Maisano, he crossed the line in triumph once again.

In the fifteen races to date, Stroll has won ten, taken five poles and eleven fastest race laps, picking up 302 championship points.
 wrote:">Vettel, Red Bull deny Alonso seat swap

Before the long-haul flight to Singapore, world champion Sebastian Vettel and his team have denied the latest sensational 'silly season' rumour.

Germany's Sport Bild reports on Tuesday that dissatisfied Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso could take Vettel's place at Red Bull for 2015, in a straight 'swap' deal with the fabled Maranello team.

Vettel immediately denied it.

"There is nothing new," he said. "I have a contract with Red Bull and I'm happy where I am."

Earlier reports, however, had suggested the deal was done, and would be announced on Tuesday.

Dr Helmut Marko said on Tuesday: "Alonso will definitely not be at Red Bull."...
It's a pity if Vettel doesnt come. Alonso is good but Vettel is good and younger.

If they were the same quality driver, then Seb's younger age might come into consideration...... but the fact is, Seb isn't in the class of Fernando IMO. He's good, just not in that absolute top level.
 wrote:">Singapore GP – A living sculpture

Singapore, 18 September – Fernando Alonso attended a UPS event at Singapore’s Clarke Quay today. He unveiled a Formula 1 car made entirely of bark and fittonia, a tropical evergreen plant, which represented team-work and efficiency. UPS dedicated it to the city-state that has hosted one of the most evocative rounds of the Formula 1 World Championship since 2008. It took famous horticulturist Alan Wong and his team eight weeks to produce the sculpture, as a tribute to the partnership between Ferrari and its logistics sponsor. And just like a real Formula 1 car, it is always in a state of updating and development, getting better all the time.
From the sublime to ......

wrote:">Formula E tweaks 'Fan Boost' driver vote plan

Formula E has made changes to its proposed 'Fan Boost' system, which will allow a public vote to determine which drivers are given extra power to deploy during a race.

At the championship's launch event in London on Monday it was revealed that the power boost available has been increased to 90hp.

The online fan vote, which will close shortly before the start of a race, will allow the three most popular drivers to receive one boost each, which will increase the power of the car from 133kw (180bhp) to 200kw (270bhp).

On the subject of Formula E's official launch, the series' CEO Alejandro Agag said: "As our first race draws closer, it's fantastic to see the new era of motorsport come to life.

"Next month will see our first [public] test days where we already have 3000 members of the public registered to come and see, but also hear what we believe will be the future of motorsport.

"We are very excited about the start of the season and pleased to be taking further steps forward."

See our F1 related articles too!