FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I realize it's not longer a rumour that Massa will be leaving Ferrari; but, Kimi hasn't been confirmed yet!!

Figured I'd give us a place to share that "silliness"!!

so... did you hear the rumour that Kimi is coming back to Ferrari? :D
It will definitely be interesting to watch Kimi and Alonso on the same team!

If "handled" properly, Ferrari will be a force to be reckoned with... if they get that car right!! :thumbup:

If "handled" properly, Ferrari will be a force to be reckoned with... if they get that car right!! :thumbup:

Nah, once KR starts to drive circles around FA, el matador will throw his toys out of the pram and quickly disintegrate as a valid championship contender - and towards the end of next year he'll be ready to drive into the sunset for early retirement :hehe::twisted:

Nah, once KR starts to drive circles around FA, el matador will throw his toys out of the pram and quickly disintegrate as a valid championship contender - and towards the end of next year he'll be ready to drive into the sunset for early retirement :hehe::twisted:

The major difference between then and now is that Alonso is very much an integral part of Ferrari.
He is well respected, he has shown what he can do, and his Latin temperament "fits" in this team.

Personally, I believe both Alonso and Kimi are professional enough that their working relationship
will be strong, even if personally they don't live in each other's pocket!!

The major difference between then and now is that Alonso is very much an integral part of Ferrari.
He is well respected, he has shown what he can do, and his Latin temperament "fits" in this team.

Personally, I believe both Alonso and Kimi are professional enough that their working relationship
will be strong, even if personally they don't live in each other's pocket!!

We've seen some cracks (from high above no less) in FA's integration with Ferrari as of late, so we'll see... :twisted:
We've seen some cracks (from high above no less) in FA's integration with Ferrari as of late, so we'll see... :twisted:

Possibly; but, don't forget, it's the media. Playing "nice nice" doesn't sell, does it?
As "they" say, there are two sides to everything. Actually, three, since the truth
lies somewhere between those two perspectives! :wink:
Personally I think this partnership can work very well for Ferrari. Kimi has shown he has the fire to race back again - I think his sabbatical helped this.

The obvious result is what most have already posted elsewhere here and in the media - Ferrari will have a much better chance of winning WCC with both drivers getting good points.

But its the less obvious effect of having a strong second driver that will help Alonso. Nando will have the edge but not like with Felipe. This will in the end help bring him what he wants most, more WDC. This will happen because of the points Kimi will earn. Most people get it wrong in thinking that Kimi will take points "off" Fernando. What is actually true is that Kimi will take points off all other drivers - and therein is the reason he will help Nando win championships.
Before I get all upset and really let loose with what I'm thinking, d'ya think that Massa is being quoted "verbatim"??
And, if he was, will di Montezemolo be tweaking his ear???

wrote:">Massa: I will no longer race for Alonso

Felipe Massa says he will no longer play a supporting role to Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso as the 2013 Formula 1 season enters its final seven races.

The Brazilian has taken a back seat at the squad since the team order controversy that erupted at the 2010 German Grand Prix, during which he was instructed via a coded team radio message to allow Alonso to overtake and claim the race victory.

But with no contract in place for the 2014 campaign, following confirmation that Kimi Räikkönen is to return to the Italian marque, Massa has vowed to focus on himself.

"I will not race for Alonso from now on," Massa, who is in contention for the Lotus seat vacated by Räikkönen, told Brazil's Globo. "From Friday in Singapore I'll be working for myself. I will attack all the time, every lap. The time has come to look after myself."

Massa added that although his approach has changed, he still views the Spaniard as a friend: "We have a nice relationship, I'm sure he sees me as a friend as I see him. Kimi and myself are also good friends, much more than when we were team-mates."

Looking towards Alonso and Räikkönen's future partnership, Massa made clear that he views both men as "excellent drivers", but admits he is expecting the pair to clash.

"I know Fernando and Kimi on and off the track and I rate them as excellent drivers, but I'm afraid they will collide when sharing the team," he said. "I told the bosses to breathe while they can because it will be hard for them to breathe next season."
Personally I think this partnership can work very well for Ferrari. Kimi has shown he has the fire to race back again - I think his sabbatical helped this.

The obvious result is what most have already posted elsewhere here and in the media - Ferrari will have a much better chance of winning WCC with both drivers getting good points.

But its the less obvious effect of having a strong second driver that will help Alonso. Nando will have the edge but not like with Felipe. This will in the end help bring him what he wants most, more WDC. This will happen because of the points Kimi will earn. Most people get it wrong in thinking that Kimi will take points "off" Fernando. What is actually true is that Kimi will take points off all other drivers - and therein is the reason he will help Nando win championships.

I think all is right with the world at the Scuderia, this moment. Now they've got to go out and make a competitive car for 2014, because I think the only way to keep Kimi from going back to his old ways, especially since he knows he'll wind up playing only a supporting role at Ferrari, is to create a car that can get podiums, not just a car that can get a Podium when Alonso delivers a super human effort.
So... both Kimi and Alonso are being "accused" of having lost their motivation!!

I'm NOT buying it, at all!! Kimi hasn't been paid all season and now that he has
signed for Ferrari, I'm guessing he is looking forward to coming over; but, it seems
his luck at Lotus hasn't been the best, these last couple of races!!

As for Alonso, WoW what a pass on Vergne coming out of the pits was sensational!
I realize that some F1 fans see it as being a clear-cut breach of the rules; but, the
stewards didn't see it that way! In fact, even Vergne acknowledge that he hadn't
even seen Alonso, who would have seen him; but, I guess Alonso would have been
more aware of anyone coming out of the pits and anticipated that Vergne would
have seen him, too??

What some of us forget, at times, is that these guys make split-second decisions
with lightning-speed reactions. It's easy for us to sit back and watch replay after
replay and say he coulda, shoulda and I woulda!!
Hey, Spanky, you'll get a kick out of this: I just got banned from that "other" place!!
Wanna know why? Because I ""dared"" say that renaming the entire forum "Thanks Massa"
was a bit eerie, because he's still in F1 and he's still alive and well!!
Apparently, that makes me bitter!! I responded by saying that I had asked a question and
offered an opinion and if he assumed that I was bitter from reading my posts then I would
have to assume that he was arrogant. That didn't go too well because when I asked if Schumi
got the same kind of send off considering he'd won titles in all his years at Ferrari, that was
ignored; but, I was told that last year, the forum logo was changed to show support for
Alonso in Brazil last year! And, then I was told it was none of my business what the forums
were named!!
To which I replied that I didn't question being supportive, I didn't ask for input on naming
the forums and I didn't ask for a psychological assessment of myself.
Yeah... that didn't go over too well... even after I wished him a good day, he banned me!!
When will the ban be lifted? Apparently, never!!
Which is too bad, since I was PMing with a few nice people, who don't share his opinions!!
Ah, well... it had to happen, sooner or later, eh?? :wavey:
Sorry but not surprised to hear that. Hope you had some email addresses. I still have a friend who is a member over there, you can pm me and I will get him to pm them for you if you like

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Apparently we are going to have standing starts after any Safety Car periods in 2015.

I don't like this idea. For me it is like the DRS, a way to artificially create passes in an attempt to be instantly pleasing to TV audiences.

F1 does need to address the dramatic loss of audience, but not with gimmicks. For me, they should get back to the essence of F1, leading edge technology, not financial viability for production car companies. Engineering creativity, the peak of performance and epic battles. Instead of searching for the "instant sugar rush" to try and get a sudden spike in the flagging F1 audience, they should return to the roots of F1 and an education process that slowly teaches new audiences. They will then become the long term fans that will stay the distance.

See our F1 related articles too!