FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
Back to Ferrari. Perhaps they have something up their sleeve re engines?

put it this way Sergio replaced MnM with Arivabene to increase their effectiveness behind the scenes and with the F1 rule makers, and ofcourse Sergio has already prclaimed the engine unfreeze as a great result for Ferrari

So its highly likely they do have more advantage to come from somewhere so we can expect them to surprise us with better than expected results
By racechick
Bring it on Ferrari! We have every faith in you!
Ferrari have come back after periods of desert dwelling before. I just feel they've really lost their way. I'm sorry if that's not supportive but their behaviour this year doesn't inspire confidence. It's sad, because F1 with a strong Ferrari is a better F1.
By CookinFlat6
One things for sure, once the company gets sold off, it wont be nice supportive pr slanted and private comapny controlled news we hear about Ferrari, it will be actual gritty ROI focused stuff and not the romanticsed stuff we all love so much
If they have something up their sleeve the Jerez test is where we will find out what it is
By sagi58
:clap: I've been remiss in sending out a great big thanks to Marco Mattiacci who lobbied for the "unfreeze" way back before Maurizio Arrivabene was even on the radar!
's Staff wrote:">Engine freeze against the principles of F1 -Ferrari

Hopefully, the fruits of Mattiacci's labour will begin to show in 2015 and not only for Ferrari!!
' Jonathan Noble wrote:">F1 teams can develop engines in season after FIA admits loophole
By Hammer278

Speak for yourself RC. :hehe:
By racechick

Speak for yourself RC. :hehe:

:roofdown::roofdown::mrgreen::thumbup:
By RyRy
I secretly hope McLaren have a shocking car and Ferrari somehow improve drastically just because I dislike Alonso
By CookinFlat6
Last year Ferrari with the worst engine, beat McLaren with the best engine and Alonso scored almost as many points as both McLaren drivers.

The Ferrari will have to get twice as good with Mclaren collapsing for you to avoid Alonso's smug face as he 'turns McLaren around' and drags another team from 5th to 3rd whilst bad mouthing them in the press and maybe trying a little blackmail at some point

And you might have to put up with his pretentious 'poetry' - a team bashing device, this time in English

Best you get ready to do what we have to - grit our teeth and hope he comes second and humour him and Ron till Alonso retires :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
Mclaren fate this year is all down to the Honda engine.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By sagi58
Mclaren fate this year is all down to the Honda engine.

That does seem to be the "unknown" at the moment!
By What's Burning?
You'd expect Ferrari to make the most gains. Their engine was indeed an issue last year, worst of the lot really but they also understood they had a gap in the aerodynamics. Aero capabilities of the chassis are clearly still of tantamount importance as we saw with McLaren where even the best engine didn't help. Getting it right no longer means you run away with it because of the move towards power and delivery dependency but getting it wrong will cost you plenty.
By racechick
Saw this on Twitter....

@byronf1: Arrivabene says Rory Byrne will be a 'mentor' to #Ferrari chief designer Simone Resta on "specific project details and not the whole car".
By racechick
image.jpg

#SF15T Front pull rod retained albeit revised suspension geometry with Mercedes style conjoined lower wishbones pic.twitter.com/T8N84adjSC

https://twitter.com/techf1les/status/561129768419352576

Here's a bit more about the Ferrari and the surprising revelation that Ferrari bosses say they are facing another difficult year and will be happy if they get two wins
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12474 ... the-sf15-t
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!