FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
Lets hope they remember that it was their choice to delay bringing a new engine for the first few races while Maldo laps Seb and Kimi a few times each of those races.
By sagi58
Let me see... Yup, I did click on the Ferrari Support thread!! :yes:
By What's Burning?
...and you use the word "support" loosely since there's not been a post here for over two weeks prior.
By sagi58
Bravo!! Usually, the best defence is the offence!!
Not that I am going to fall for it! :thumbup:
By racechick
I have some Ferrari news. Very , very old Ferrari news, maybe better in the historical section? But since it's about Ferrari I think I'll post it here.
I watched a programme the other night about John Surtees, the only man to win championships on two and four wheels; and he spoke about his time at Ferrari. The TP at the time was a man called Dragoni. ( I think) . In one race( Im sorry I forget which) Surtees won, and was celebrating, only to hear he had been disqualified following a lodged complaint stating he hadn't completed the correct amount of laps. He was further upset to find out that it was his own TP that had lodged the complaint! :yikes: ( obviously winning for Ferrari was not good enough, you had to be Italian and win!) . Well luckily for Surtees his wife kept meticulous lap scores and was able to prove he had rightly won the race, and he kept his win. Can you believe that!! It gets worse. In those days drivers competed in different series and Surtees was due to compete in the Le Mans 24hrs. Surtees was quite the thinker, quite the mechanic , quite the engineer, as well as being a good racer and he had the idea to run the 24 hr like a formula 1 race. But at the last minute Dragoni wouldn't let him race saying he wasn't fit due to an accident the previous season. Here is what Surtees says.....

'I expected to see out my life at Ferrari and it was sad that politics reared its ugly head. It was sad for them, and sad for me. It was a mistake for Ferrari and a mistake for me that we parted company.

'I had this enormous accident in Canada in 1965 where I nearly lost my life, but (Enzo) Ferrari himself had been very supportive.

'I went to Le Mans the following season and it was going to be a very important race for Ferrari because Ford were there in strength.

'We had adapted a strategy to beat them where we decided to drive the 24-hour race virtually like a grand prix, but once we got there Eugenio Dragoni (Ferrari team principal) said the plans had changed, claiming that Fiat shareholder Gianni Agnelli was in the stands so his nephew Ludovico Scarfiotti, should start the race.

'Scarfiotti was 1.5 to 2 seconds off the pace of me so our strategy went to pot. I was already on a bit of a short fuse with Mr Dragoni because he never came up and congratulated me after winning the Belgian Grand Prix. He was disappointed that I came back from my accident, to be frank, and he did not like that I had a good rapport with Mr Ferrari himself.........

After that Surtees went back to Ferrari HQ and resigned. Ferrari didn't win another title for 11 years( I think 11) A very strange way to go about business, stuffing an ace driver who can win for you because of politics. Who'd have thought it! Anyway....back to the future...
By CookinFlat6
Seeing as Ferrari are just about to get sold off as soon as Sergio can manage it, its a shame there are no real Ferrari fans around able to supply any coherent info about the pov of a genuine fan on this momentous journey. Its bigger than a kid leaving home. Its like a person who has lived at home in the bosom of its parents till old age and suddenly finds itself out looking for a job and a place. Almost left home when Enzo had a panic attack and locked the doors, and since enzos passing theres been a lame Uncle who pretended to be daddy enzo whilst spending the inheritance.

Yet the Ferrari "fans" have zero to add or to offer or to contribute, not even able to leave the Merc engines alone for a minute to tell us something good about Ferrari. But no shortage of inane formulaic cliches

Maybe thats all we need to know about ferrari
By CookinFlat6
Ferrari support news!!!

The team have finally successfully completed the naming of this years car. We all remember that the F14-t was cleverly designed to look like Fiat, although its still not clear if it was planned that the car would go like a Fiat

For 2015 - we have the S F15-T. Sounds like Ferrari have learnt from the power of words. Although its unclear if this car means they made a F15T of it or that its gonna receive a F15T-ting on track
By sagi58
, Staff wrote:">Welcome SF15-T

Maranello, 26 January

The car with which Scuderia Ferrari will contest the forthcoming Formula One World Championship will be called the SF15-T. The current year and the “T” for turbo combine in the name chosen by the people in Maranello.

New this year, apart from the graphics, is the “S” for Scuderia. The announcement of the name, as well as other information to be put out in the coming days on the digital and social platforms, precedes the car’s official launch, which will take place on Friday 30th January. The new car will make its track debut at the Jerez test which gets underway on 1st February.

So, let's see...

That's SF for Scuderia Ferrari,
15 for the year current year (2015),
And T for Turbo which is the engine...

Pretty straight forward!!
By Hammer278
Ferrari support news!!!

The team have finally successfully completed the naming of this years car. We all remember that the F14-t was cleverly designed to look like Fiat, although its still not clear if it was planned that the car would go like a Fiat

For 2015 - we have the S F15-T. Sounds like Ferrari have learnt from the power of words. Although its unclear if this car means they made a F15T of it or that its gonna receive a F15T-ting on track

At least they have a sense of humour for their current/impending....pree-dicka-ment. :hehe:
By CookinFlat6
Ferrari support news!!!

At least they have a sense of humour for their current/impending....pree-dicka-ment. :hehe:

lucky they take themselves seriously otherwise the logical name could have been the S-H1T5
By racechick
Cookie your sig? Did Lewis say that? LOL No! Goddamit, did he say that ? :rofl::rofl:
Sorry. ferrari support thread, but that just caught my eye.
Back to Ferrari. Perhaps they have something up their sleeve re engines?
By CookinFlat6
Lol, no our Lewis is too 'naive' and 'nice' to say anything like that. But Nico is cerebral and clever enough to know what was implied in his ruthless takedown of Seb "no dangling by the pool equals results on track" Vettel. I.e Nico is comfortable with his place in the team

Also it could be a subtle internal Merc play on a card Lewis is said to have posted up on the wall at the Merc Hq at the end of 2013, which had a picture of a Mercs taillights and said 'Sebs view in 2014' - Ill try an dig it up

I wonder if Seb will be as playful at Ferrari as he was at RBR altho Gerhard Berger seems to think it will take 3 races before he starts smashing things up. Not sure ferrari is the place to be playing prima donna a few races after the biggest one of the lot left for McLaren
By myownalias
lucky they take themselves seriously otherwise the logical name could have been the S-H1T5

Enough with the baiting, just stay out of this thread if you have nothing useful or constructive to say, baiting Ferrari fans is not a sport, keep it up and a ban will be coming!
By racechick
Lol, no our Lewis is too 'naive' and 'nice' to say anything like that. But Nico is cerebral and clever enough to know what was implied in his ruthless takedown of Seb "no dangling by the pool equals results on track" Vettel. I.e Nico is comfortable with his place in the team

Also it could be a subtle internal Merc play on a card Lewis is said to have posted up on the wall at the Merc Hq at the end of 2013, which had a picture of a Mercs taillights and said 'Sebs view in 2014' - Ill try an dig it up

I wonder if Seb will be as playful at Ferrari as he was at RBR altho Gerhard Berger seems to think it will take 3 races before he starts smashing things up. Not sure ferrari is the place to be playing prima donna a few races after the biggest one of the lot left for McLaren

Oh yes! I remember that comment about tail Lights by Lewis now! :rofl::rofl: can't wait for ths season to get started!

See our F1 related articles too!