FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
I can't wait for the pundits driver pairing comparisons next year. 5 WDCs are going to be tough to beat!
By Hammer278
:yawn:

:thumbup:
By What's Burning?
The carnage continues.

SkyF1 Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis have been ousted from Ferrari in a dramatic shake-up of the Scuderia's management by new team boss Maurizio Arrivabene.

As part of the dramatic restructuring, James Allison has been appointed Technical Director with the additional remit of directing 'track engineering activities'.

Along with Fry, the team's head of engineering since 2010, chief designer Tombazis has also lost his job following a dismal season in which F1's most famous outfit finished a distant fourth in the Constructors' Championship and registered just one podium finish.

The Scuderia's dismal start to F1's new turbo era has triggered unprecedented upheaval at Maranello this year. Not only is Arrivabene the team's third boss since April, following the sudden sacking of Stefano Domenicali and the short-lived reign of Marco Mattiacci, but President Luca di Montezemolo stood down in September after two decades in charge while star driver Fernando Alonso has joined McLaren.

Allison will be assisted by new chief designer Simone Resta and engine boss Mattia Binotto while, in further behind-the-scenes reshuffling, Renato Bisignani will stand down as the team's press officer to be replaced by Alberto Antonini.
By racechick
They've dumped Tombiaz!! Wow!
By CookinFlat6
Ferraris only success have come after a period of stability, such as a few years into the Todt/Brawn,MS era - and that was a tight knit team arriving together from Benetton

I think its safe to say 2015 will be a lot worse than anything weve seen while Alonso was there, at least they have 5 WDCs to provide passion for the fans over the next 3 years or so
By What's Burning?
It was a difficult year for some of the more passionate Ferrari supporters. I don't know how they'll manage coping with another year or two more of the same. Maybe Bernie will prevail and we'll see the V10s back in 2016.
By CookinFlat6
Ah yes, the old V10s screaming their tits off at 20k rpm, indeed with flatter angled V10s known as the best configuration for pursuing the highest revs, I am sure bringing back the V10s will really kick off a costs saving drive. Surely we wont bring back the V10s and then restrict the revs again, that would be stifling development and F is is about development, 80 sets of tyres and 90 engines for each driver has got to be a bargain

i suspect that with all the merchandise being flogged out of Maranello these days its easy for the accountants to get confused between the toys and the real cars when looking to cut costs. 'Ah and extra 4 cylinders will not cost more, we just increase our order of plastic tubes from China, problem solved and we bring back the sound and passion'
By sagi58
It was a difficult year for some of the more passionate Ferrari supporters...

Watch and learn. You don't support a team only during fair weather.
The storms give you the opportunity to truly enjoy basking in the sun,
when it finally arrives. I would have thought you'd understand that?

See our F1 related articles too!