FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
:rofl::rofl: Oh no! :nono: You ain't havin him Ferrari!!!
By Ferrari man 009
Hold on, so Ferrari are cheats because the FIA measured their car wrong using the wrong tools?

I love your theories cookinflat - The FIA technical delegate admits in the hearing he made a mistake, so Ferrari are therefore cheats :rofl:
By What's Burning?
I can understand your feelings Sagi, this is indeed the Ferrari support thread. But you know, that can't preclude anything that isn't a glowingly rosy comment about Ferrari...

You're absolutely right, RC! Having said that, without even bothering to do a search,
I'm sure when the shoe was on the other foot, it was a wee bit too tight for comfort.

Im not quite sure what you mean here. do you mean i don't allow people to say things i dislike concerning Hamilton?

GENERALLY SPEAKING, any time a "non-fan" says something in the least bit NOT complimentary about Hamilton, the troops rally, assemble and attack with explanations, rationalizations and justifications as to why the "non-fan" is wrong, misguided, blind, ridiculous, ignorant, malcontent, etc.

And, you don't even have to google that, you can go into pretty well any thread to see shining examples of that.

I do savor your Ferrari fandom as it's everything that stereotypes tge role. And the only reason you'd ever be called malconten, is because an explanation that uses a fact doesn't become a justification or a rationalization just because you don't like it.

BTW, malcontent wast never an adjective I used to describe you, but it's a good one.
By Ferrari man 009
:rofl: :rofl: Oh no! :nono: You ain't havin him Ferrari!!!

Oh yeah we are, and we're going to spend a few more €€€€ to get Hamilton with him for 2016 too :P

Dont worry racechick, you will look good in red :rofl::rofl::rofl:
By What's Burning?
Hold on, so Ferrari are cheats because the FIA measured their car wrong using the wrong tools?

I love your theories cookinflat - The FIA technical delegate admits in the hearing he made a mistake, so Ferrari are therefore cheats :rofl:

Mercedes were called cheats all last year because of an FIA mistake with their internal communications, yes?
By CookinFlat6

No ferrariman, I was showing you that in this case ferraris garbled defence was obviously based completely on circumventing the technicals to get away with blatant cheating - Ross Brawn admitted at fiirst that they knew the dimension was wrong but thought it would be acceptabl3e due to exploiting another technical loophole surrounding the definition of planes - they then decided that the dimension was actually not that wrong and within the margin for slight mistake tolerance when measured with a theoretical ruler

So in this case - I think even a baby can see a team that have bent the law for advantage and have twisted their defence shamefully, eventually escaping under a technical error by the FIA

This is different from Merc - who acted in good faith, admitted what they did, and asked for their penalty having explained and demonstrated that they didnt set out to cheat as they let the FIA know about it

And more like RBR who call others unsporting, then cheat by hiding a sprung leaf device encased in rubber within the carbon - i.e cynically designed and planned to escape notice and give unfair advantage over those they accuse of unsporting

Anyways Im not interested anymore in this, If you think all cheating is the same, and that each teams does it to the same moral standard I have no more to gain from listening to you on this - Crashgate is therefore the same as tyregate and bargeboardgate to you - just teams pushing boundaries???
By Ferrari man 009

Mercedes were called cheats all last year because of an FIA mistake with their internal communications, yes?

No Mercedes didnt cheat, the FIA completely screwed up which is why Mercedes werent penalised. In the same way that the FIA messed up by wrongly measuring Ferrari's bargeboard.

And cookinflat, there is a difference between pushing the rules too far and looking for loopholes in the rules to actual cheating.

Renault 2008 and McLaren 2007 was clear and deliberate cheating, and on both occasions the culprits got handed severe penalties (McLaren were still let off lightly according to Max Mosley). Ferrari finding a way around team order rules that were stupid anyway and having a bargeboard a few mm out which made no difference to Ferrari's performance. Red Bull pushing the technical regulations to and over the limit to improve their performance isnt cheating either.
By What's Burning?

No Mercedes didnt cheat, the FIA completely screwed up which is why Mercedes werent penalised. In the same way that the FIA messed up by wrongly measuring Ferrari's bargeboard.

And cookinflat, there is a difference between pushing the rules too far and looking for loopholes in the rules to actual cheating.

Renault 2008 and McLaren 2007 was clear and deliberate cheating, and on both occasions the culprits got handed severe penalties (McLaren were still let off lightly according to Max Mosley). Ferrari finding a way around team order rules that were stupid anyway and having a bargeboard a few mm out which made no difference to Ferrari's performance. Red Bull pushing the technical regulations to and over the limit to improve their performance isnt cheating either.

The spring in the wing is, the mamual adjustment of ride chassis ride height that was mandated to use a tool is, the traction control they tried out certainly was. The interpretation of pushing the technical regulations I can understand and still there is a penalty to be paid for getting caught.

The reality is that Red Bull was allowed to get away for far many things very similar to the way that Ferrari was allowed to get away with a great many things by the FiA in their hey day. It's whom has Bernie's favor at the moment and at the moment (for the last four years) it has been Red Bull. Bernie likes to back winners and his backing has been known to make winners. Makes me like the way Ross has stuck it to him twice now in the way he's won championships without the favor of the troll.
By sagi58
Breaking news!!!!! Maurizio Arrivabene...

means 'good arrival' in Italian - maybe thats why they chose him :D

Actually, the literal translation is: "arrives well"!
It's actual meaning is "comes prepared"! :P
By sagi58
Sagi, you are more than welcome to use TRUE facts to show why an opinion is not based on reality...

Look at the following exchange carefully, Ferrariman asks a question, he gets and answer etc etc

Opinions that are legal, medical, etc are professional opinions and as such are based on facts / figures / experience.
However, if you'll bother to use a dictionary (even if it is online), opinions can also be based on emotions / feelings.

Secondly, your condescending comments are quite comical and predictable. :rolleyes:
By sagi58
I can understand your feelings Sagi, this is indeed the Ferrari support thread. But you know, that can't preclude anything that isn't a glowingly rosy comment about Ferrari...

You're absolutely right, RC! Having said that, without even bothering to do a search,
I'm sure when the shoe was on the other foot, it was a wee bit too tight for comfort.

Im not quite sure what you mean here. do you mean i don't allow people to say things i dislike concerning Hamilton?

GENERALLY SPEAKING, any time a "non-fan" says something in the least bit NOT complimentary about Hamilton, the troops rally, assemble and attack with explanations, rationalizations and justifications as to why the "non-fan" is wrong, misguided, blind, ridiculous, ignorant, malcontent, etc.

And, you don't even have to google that, you can go into pretty well any thread to see shining examples of that.

I do savor your Ferrari fandom as it's everything that stereotypes tge role. And the only reason you'd ever be called malconten, is because an explanation that uses a fact doesn't become a justification or a rationalization just because you don't like it.

BTW, malcontent wast never an adjective I used to describe you, but it's a good one.

And, you missed the point... again...
But, that's ok, as there is no point pointing anything out to some people.
By racechick
I don't think Ferrari have given this m&m guy a chance. You can't turn an F1 team around in six months. Look how long Brawn worked on getting Mercedes where they are. Bit by bit, this person in place here, that person in place there, all carefully thought out, all planned. The2014 car programme run a long side the 2013 with a separate team. The engine prgramme started for 2014 while the other manufacturers were....well I'm not sure what they were doing but not making engines from the look of things. Brawn stuck to his guns even when the big guys funding the op questioned things.,and look what we have. lewis joins the team, icing on the cake and then a double world championship and all the other engine makers crying. But it didn't happen overnight. It took years of careful planning and execution to get to this point.

If they wanted someone else to fix Ferrari why not put him in six months ago? They've wasted six months now. Not sure if M&M man made catastrophic errors and that's why he's going, or Ferrari got impatient. For Ferrari's sake I hope it's the former. If they just got impatient then they have no chance.

If they wanted ' man who comes prepared' ( always best to be prepared to come :wink: ) then why not put him in there sixth months ago? M&M man always looks a force to be reckoned with, never smiles when the cameras on him :hehe: but who knows what goes on. I wonder if Ferrari blame him for the departure of Alonso?
Whatever. I don't think he's had a fair chance, and if they didn't want him from the outset they shouldn't have chosen him. Too much political infighting going on maybe?
By LRW
Do you think Ferrari pushed him. Or do you think he turned round and said "(in an Italian accent) f*ck this for a game of soldiers. This F1 business is mental and there is no way I want to do next season. Let me go back to selling cars in North America. Pleeeeease....!! Let some other mug do this" ?

Because, and I know you guys will find this hard to understand, but some people don't like F1. :shock:
By Ferrari man 009
I don't think Ferrari have given this m&m guy a chance. You can't turn an F1 team around in six months. Look how long Brawn worked on getting Mercedes where they are. Bit by bit, this person in place here, that person in place there, all carefully thought out, all planned. The2014 car programme run a long side the 2013 with a separate team. The engine prgramme started for 2014 while the other manufacturers were....well I'm not sure what they were doing but not making engines from the look of things. Brawn stuck to his guns even when the big guys funding the op questioned things.,and look what we have. lewis joins the team, icing on the cake and then a double world championship and all the other engine makers crying. But it didn't happen overnight. It took years of careful planning and execution to get to this point.

If they wanted someone else to fix Ferrari why not put him in six months ago? They've wasted six months now. Not sure if M&M man made catastrophic errors and that's why he's going, or Ferrari got impatient. For Ferrari's sake I hope it's the former. If they just got impatient then they have no chance.

If they wanted ' man who comes prepared' ( always best to be prepared to come :wink: ) then why not put him in there sixth months ago? M&M man always looks a force to be reckoned with, never smiles when the cameras on him :hehe: but who knows what goes on. I wonder if Ferrari blame him for the departure of Alonso?
Whatever. I don't think he's had a fair chance, and if they didn't want him from the outset they shouldn't have chosen him. Too much political infighting going on maybe?

This gives some answers - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116930

Seems its for more F1 political reasons rather than how well he was doing
By CookinFlat6
Ferrari sack staff for political reasons and not for performance???

Thats news??

Lucky they dont sack based on poor performance - they would need a whole new staff
A rumor that is to Autosprint from reliable sources casts a disturbing premise on the new Ferrari 666 (code-named Project of the F1 2015 ). From the early feedback on the model tested in the wind tunnel before and after the simulator shows that the Ferrari next year proved to be yet slower than the current model .

This news comes from an article published in the same name Autosprint 42 on newsstands Tuesday, October 21 that addresses the topic in more detail.

We're not talking about the real car, of course, because it has not yet been built and installed, but the first results obtained from the wind tunnel on the 60% ​​scale model that depicts the new car. Findings that were then transferred to the simulator where the car proved virtually, was slower than the current F14 T .

We can assume that the comparison has been made ​​mainly on the aero plane simulator because the model certainly can not have the technical improvements in the study phase on the turbo engine and electrical components . Of course the news is not comforting. It confirms the rumors last month about whether to Alonso (and then also to Vettel ) had been informally told not to expect a significant change in competitiveness in 2015 , which would have also influenced his decision to give up the contract already signed with Maranello .

last month of course would be September - the month Alonso told us he had agreed with Luca to wait till to see if there would be improvements

Its time to consider the unbelievable - Ferrari might not be in F1 beyond next season - if there car has gone backwards for next year, while the Merc engined cars have gone a least a second the other way, then Ferrari will be established in the bottom half of the table - unable to improve much for a whole year

they may have to get rid of Arrivebene and replace him with Arrivaderci

See our F1 related articles too!