FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
Lol
By darwin dali

Mattiacci, Vettel and Raikkonen?

Isnt the one on the left Bernie when he was young?

Was he ever young?
By LRW

Mattiacci, Vettel and Raikkonen?

Isnt the one on the left Bernie when he was young?

Was he ever young?

Yes - in the 60s.

1660s.
By CookinFlat6
Seb has been 74% as effective as his team leader and Kimi has been 33% as effective as his

So we can safely say whatever car Ferrari provide next year to their pair of number 2 drivers, then they will only get 50% of what a pairing of Alonso/Ricc would get out of the cars potential.

Therefore Ferraris car performance will have to be double the car of RBR and McLaren JUST TO be level in expected results for its potential. Or put another way just Alonso in a car that is equal to the Ferrari would be able to score more points than both Ferrari drivers combined

Then when we look at the money side, Kimi on 30 mill plus Seb on 50 = 80mill, If Alonso is on 40 mill at Mclaren, then Ferrari have just doubled their wage bill to guarantee half the extraction of the points potential they had before

hardcore
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 21 Nov 14, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
By What's Burning?
Serious observation now... knowing that Alonso's rift with Ferrari started late last year and the game of chicken as to whom would blink first has been played since. I think Alonso's double whammy was 1, the car and the obvious chasm Ferrari have to cross to get back to competitiveness and 2, the fact that Montezemolo and Alonso were tied at the hip. A jettisoning of one I believe accelerated or cemented the jettisoning of the other. Give them fact that when Mattiacci came in, he was dripping all over Raikkonen about how they'd stick with him, he's a professional, we've got to give him the car. It was never a doubt as to Raikkonen's abilities to the point of ignoring the fact that Alonso was half a second a lap and five positions up the road from him. It was always the car needs to be better. The rift I believe was very deep.

Let's see what Ferrari fields next year but at this point it's a team that will have to be part and parcel of the profitability of Ferrari as an independent publicly owned entity. Justifying the nearly half billion dollar a year investment in order to come in fourth place, when other teams can do that for half of the budget.

The you have Vettel, demonstrably the emperor with no clothes. struggling with instability and struggling to get a car up the grid that his happy go lucky teammate has put on the winner's circle three times and has out driven him on the entirety of the year.

And Raikkonen, a guy who's appathetic at best and who's motivation is questionable at worst. We don't really know do we? I know in his day with the right car, the right tires, the right temperature, the right wind direction etc he's still capable of winning but this year's gap to his teammate is appalling, shocking and as inexplicable as Vettel's is to Ricciardo's.

I believe 2015 is going to be a make or break year for Ferrari as an entity, the most important season in their history with the sport. Serious business not to be taken lightly when a board has to approve a half billion dollar annual budget.
By Hammer278
Looking at the number of car failures the past few races, Ferrari's Support for their recently beloved Fonz seems to have faded.
By CookinFlat6
Maybe they are trying to improve Kimis results vs Alonsos or maybe they just noticed my numbers :hehe:
By What's Burning?
Didn't take Mattiacci that long to learn how to speak "Ferrari" Mandarin... obfuscate away.

“Definitely we need to look at something different for 2016 in terms power unit and in terms of regulation,” said Mattiacci. “2015 is clear that we’ll have to, at the moment, accept the status quo, but definitely we’re not going to accept the status quo for 2016.”

“The cost of the power unit is a problem. The fact that we cannot enhance our power unit is a cost for us, for not performing. So these difficulties that the small teams are facing is something that’s an issue on the table. I think all these problems are very well connected I think the Strategy Group and F1 Commission are the proper arenas where to touch those points and try to find a common direction.
By sagi58
So much Ferrari love in the Ferrari support thread!!! Image

It's heartwarming to read the inspirational insight Image
and that there is such fondness in the heartfelt message...

See our F1 related articles too!