FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
Now remember this is only the suppor thread. :rofl:

Gaadaam, if this doesn't embody everything everyone that hates Ferrari all in one line.

Marco Mattiacci says Mercedes does not share the same values as Ferrari after talks about F1's engine freeze broke down during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend.

I read this and it doesn't even make sense, it's pure Ferrari double talk. Unlike Luca, this guy speaks English as his first language, so it's not like there's anything being lost in translation.

Correction: Mattiacci's first language is Italian. You're probably thinking of Sergio Macchione, the Canadian - though after emigrating to Canada from Italy at the age of 14, one could debate whether or not Italian is his first language.
:director: As you were...

I do beg your pardon, I remember reading it about Sergio Macchione but in my rush to judgement I attributed it to Marco. About the first first language thing, Spanish is my first language and look at how good I talk English.
By darwin dali
Now remember this is only the suppor thread. :rofl:

Gaadaam, if this doesn't embody everything everyone that hates Ferrari all in one line.

Marco Mattiacci says Mercedes does not share the same values as Ferrari after talks about F1's engine freeze broke down during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend.

I read this and it doesn't even make sense, it's pure Ferrari double talk. Unlike Luca, this guy speaks English as his first language, so it's not like there's anything being lost in translation.

Correction: Mattiacci's first language is Italian. You're probably thinking of Sergio Macchione, the Canadian - though after emigrating to Canada from Italy at the age of 14, one could debate whether or not Italian is his first language.
:director: As you were...

I do beg your pardon, I remember reading it about Sergio Macchione but in my rush to judgement I attributed it to Marco. About the first first language thing, Spanish is my first language and look at how good I talk English.

Yeah, you talk real good :wink:
By Hammer278
................... About the first first language thing, Spanish is my first language and look at how good I talk English.

Must've attended Derek's school. :hehe:

[youtube]NQ-8IuUkJJc[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
You guys don't let anything go. :rolleyes: I was on the iPad, so my apologies and a correction; how goodly I talk English.
By sagi58
And, I'm impressed how "goodly" everyone understands the word support. :rolleyes:
By Hammer278
Geez what a whiner.
By sagi58
Geez what a whiner.

You know what "they" say, if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas! :thumbup:
By Hammer278
So you don't mind getting in bed with dogs?
By What's Burning?
'Getting fleas' - 8 out of 10 dogs said their owners loved it

It's 4 out of 5 dogs, don't they teach lowest common denominator over there?
By CookinFlat6
'Getting fleas' - 8 out of 10 dogs said their owners loved it

It's 4 out of 5 dogs, don't they teach lowest common denominator over there?

trust the Americans to reduce everything to mathematics, guns and oil :hehe:

to be fair tho americans cant be expected to get that joke which is a typically British one andhas evolved in the most comedic manner

it started off as a cat food company tag line
The well-known advertising slogan for Whiskas was "eight out of ten owners said their cat prefers it". After a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority, this had to be changed to "eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cat prefers it". The British panel show 8 out of 10 Cats took its name from the slogan. The slogan has been much imitated – in the 1980s, Red Stripe Lager was advertised with the slogan "9 out of 10 cats prefer it", a play on "cat" meaning a trendy person.

so it became a joke against the PC culture then a dog food company had a go

ITV will make history tonight (February 13th) by becoming the first UK network to broadcast an advert created for canine viewers.
People in broadcast jobs will likely have targeted all sorts of demographics in the past, but the Bakers dog food commercial will be a first, thanks to the way it aims to attract the attention of dogs via high-pitched sounds, as well as barks and whistles.

Nick Collins, science correspondent for The Telegraph, remarked: “Bakers, the dog food manufacturer which commissioned the advert, hope the sounds will provoke a reaction from dogs in living rooms across the country, fooling their owners into thinking they are interested in the products on the screen.”

and since then when anyone making a joke involving laying with or sleeping with dogs the punch line is 'bestiality - 8 out of 10 dogs said their owners preferred it'

(not implying anyone here actually sleeps with dogs ofcourse, but its sometimes better not to open a humuorous can of worms - i.e. to let sleeping dogs lie when juvenile joke telling forumers are bored :hehe: )
By sagi58
So you don't mind getting in bed with dogs?

It's an old quote. An idiom. An expression.
Ah, just google it!! :thumbup:
By 1Lemon
Worst kept secret in F1 part 2.

Vettel confirmed at Ferrari!
By CookinFlat6
Interesting strategy by Ferrari. Next year they will have 2 drivers that were both spanked senseless by their teammates this year

1 of them because he didnt have the fuel thirsty blown diffuser in this new fuel efficient and driver skill dependent era
and the other one because he didnt give a sh!t

At least they will have a fair teammates competition although I think they will be fairly even with Kimi edging it, and everyone saying seb just needs some time to bed in and adapt to the new team.

One thing everyone seems to missing in all the euphoria about the MS comparison, is that MS came with a whole team of successfull personel and even then it took years to turn Ferrari around. Seb is not coming with the elements that made him successful - no Newey and no diffuser, AND he is only signed up for 3 years.

Whats the point of 3 years? It just means in 3 years another potential for drama, should have been 5 years or more Seb or no Seb that team aint winning titles for the next 3 years

See our F1 related articles too!