FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
Apologies RC,

Singapore, a race of high attrition, Ferrari are most reliable this year, this could allow them to finish high up the field and vindicate the decision to go for relaibility over performance

Discuss
By racechick
Apologies RC,

Singapore, a race of high attrition, Ferrari are most reliable this year, this could allow them to finish high up the field and vindicate the decision to go for relaibility over performance

Discuss

That's an interesting one. I guess it depends how many cars ahead of the Ferrari are susceptible to poor reliability. It's the Achilles heal of the Merc, so maybe one of those will fail...Lewis most likely. Of the other cars ahead which suffer poor reliability?
There's also the lack of a radio. I suspect Kimi and Alonso will handle this pretty well with their experience and Kimi preferring the pit wall to shut up :hehe:
Massa might struggle and the rookies ahead like mags might find it hard. Yes Ferrari could pick some points up this weekend.
By sagi58
What is interesting is that three of my posts seem to have disappeared.
Thought they'd been moved; but, it would seem they've just vanished!

Strange; but, true! :thumbup:

I believe your posts have been moved to the Sagi/ Cookie thread.
By sagi58
It's BS because Cookin wasn't talking about the last five years.
He was talking about the next two and where he thinks Alonso would do better.

Yup... always respectful... never calls anyone names...
accepts people have differing opinions...
NOT!!

:rofl:

differing opinions??? You have differing opinions with yourself

So the last 5 years is all about the car, but the next 2 years isnt??? :yikes:

Well, thank you for clearning that up. Since the last five years have been about the car,
and you're suggesting the next two will be about the car, I am safe to assume that this
year is also about the car! Leaving me to the conclusion that, regardless who actually
wins the WDC, it's not that he's the greatest driver; but, because he's in the right car!
By sagi58
...I suspect Kimi and Alonso will handle this pretty well with their experience and Kimi preferring the pit wall to shut up :hehe: ...

I agree, the more experienced drivers will have less difficulty than some of the "youngsters"!
By F2004
The only hope is that Alonso does go to Red Bull. Chances are he would get more out of the season than Ricc who is not as experienced. ferrari have a lot more work to do than MM originally thought. Its not just speed its a whole fundamental change needed to get them regularly at the front

Gotta be RBR at least for 2015, no one else will be getting remotely near the Merc 2015 Hybrid IMO

Yet another einstein pile of BS.

is that the limit to your intellectual output???

why dont you tell us why its Bs, have some confidence in your opinion, expand a little, push the boat out, dont just head for the ad hominem (means to discredit your intellectual opponent instead of his argument - a long established cop out for the intellectually deficient would be master debater) exit without staking your claim
Come on have a go, give us the chance to intellectually rough you up a little, let me help

Chances are he would get more out of the season than Ricc who is not as experienced - bs? why - produce an argument
Ferrari have a lot more work to do than MM originally thought. - bs? why - produce an argument
Its not just speed its a whole fundamental change needed to get them regularly at the front - bs? why - produce an argument

Gotta be RBR at least for 2015, no one else will be getting remotely near the Merc 2015 Hybrid IMO - note the IMO, but you are welcome to produce a contra opinion to render mine BS - hint - supply a premise then provide some basis for the premise - so its bs that no one will get remotely near the 2015 Merc - whats your premise, mine is the precedent of 2014

But if you prefer to stick to the one line hit and run banditry you will be truly advancing the credibility and reputation of the current Ferrari members here :thumbup:

There are a few F1 fans on here who have integrity and self respect and have the brain power to find this gem on Wiki by typing 'forum debate'
Debate is a method of interactive and representational argument. Debate is a broader form of argument than deductive reasoning, which only examines whether a conclusion is a consequence of premises, and factual argument, which only examines what is or isn't the case, or rhetoric, which is a technique of persuasion. Though logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are important elements of the art of persuasion, in debating, one side often prevails over the other side by presenting a superior "context" and/or framework of the issue, which is far more subtle and strategic. The outcome of a debate depends upon consensus or some formal way of reaching a resolution, rather than the objective facts as such. In a formal debating contest, there are rules for participants to discuss and decide on differences, within a framework defining how they will interact.

but I suspect we will hear jack squat from dorothy once the seat belts have been tightened

I tell you what Magilla, for starters you can keep your man love dorothy chat between you and your lackies. And I don't give a flying f#ck if you do decide who gets their belt tightened.
By F2004
The only hope is that Alonso does go to Red Bull. Chances are he would get more out of the season than Ricc who is not as experienced. ferrari have a lot more work to do than MM originally thought. Its not just speed its a whole fundamental change needed to get them regularly at the front

Gotta be RBR at least for 2015, no one else will be getting remotely near the Merc 2015 Hybrid IMO

Why is it BS? You have to agree surely that going on the past five years or so Alonso would do better in a Red Bull than in a Ferrari?...

These past five years have been about the car... pretty well ANY driver on the grid would have done better in the Red Bull
than on their respective teams, starting with Kimi, going on to Hamilton and including Rosberg.

What's been keeping Ferrari from having "the" car? :shrug:

So Mercedes had their once in a lifetime moment and put a better car on the track this year. Woopdeedoo. We'll see what next year brings and it'll be f#cking grand if Ferrari has another 04 to wipe the smugness off a few faces
By CookinFlat6

why dont you tell us why its Bs, have some confidence in your opinion, expand a little, push the boat out, dont just head for the ad hominem (

I tell you what Magilla, for starters you can keep your man love dorothy chat between you and your lackies. And I don't give a flying f#ck if you do decide who gets their belt tightened.

Pure class!!! FOUR insults in one retort, truly masterful deployment of the vulgarian school of debate :thumbup:
By F2004

why dont you tell us why its Bs, have some confidence in your opinion, expand a little, push the boat out, dont just head for the ad hominem (

Pure class!!! FOUR insults in one retort, truly masterful deployment of the vulgarian school of debate :thumbup:

I guess when youre as smart as a box of hair everyone looks classy
By racechick

Why is it BS? You have to agree surely that going on the past five years or so Alonso would do better in a Red Bull than in a Ferrari?...

These past five years have been about the car... pretty well ANY driver on the grid would have done better in the Red Bull
than on their respective teams, starting with Kimi, going on to Hamilton and including Rosberg.

So Mercedes had their once in a lifetime moment and put a better car on the track this year. Woopdeedoo. We'll see what next year brings and it'll be f#cking grand if Ferrari has another 04 to wipe the smugness off a few faces

How long is it since Ferrari won anything? You think they'll have things sorted for next year? Well you can dream I guess. :D
And once in a lifetime for Mercedes you say? Go check out your history. :hehe:

In consideration of the fact that this is the ferrari support thread,I do hope they sort themselves out sooner rather than later, its fun when Ferrari are in the fight at the front.
By What's Burning?

2008, 2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014... come on Ferrari, get in there!
By F2004

How long is it since Ferrari won anything? You think they'll have things sorted for next year? Well you can dream I guess. :D
And once in a lifetime for Mercedes you say? Go check out your history. :hehe:

In consideration of the fact that this is the ferrari support thread,I do hope they sort themselves out sooner rather than later, its fun when Ferrari are in the fight at the front.

How long since Ferrari won anything, a hell of a lot more recently than Mercedes ha
By CookinFlat6
How long since Ferrari won anything, a hell of a lot more recently than Mercedes ha

:doh:

Mercedes won in 2008 with McLaren (their factory team) and in 2009 with Brawn (as engine provider)

:yikes:
By racechick
woopdeedoodoo F2004 . Not to worry, that was an understandable oversight.
By CookinFlat6
woopdeedoodoo F2004 . Not to worry, that was an understandable oversight.

do you mean a mea culpa RC?????

i see a username called dorothy has just signed into the private ferrari lounge where all dreams can come true if you say so

See our F1 related articles too!