FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Better? :thumbup:

Much. You should try being more honest next time. In my opinion that will make your posts on the lesser of the annoying side of things, in my opinion.[/quote]
I may not write reams and inundate my posts with statistics;
but, I am very honest... unfortunately, to a fault!!
By What's Burning?
Better? :thumbup:

Much. You should try being more honest next time. In my opinion that will make your posts on the lesser of the annoying side of things, in my opinion.

I may not write reams and inundate my posts with statistics;
but, I am very honest... unfortunately, to a fault!!

Doesn't seem that honesty is the best H word to describe it. You defended Vettel and the Red Bull dominance last year and you made your opinion known. Yet here we are today questioning those opinions and you admit to us that those opinions were colored due to the situation and due to the fact that Ferrari were second. An honest post would have said that back then and not made excuses for Vettel as a ruse to move forward your support of Alonso being second. When you complained about the Mercedes situation today and I pointed out that it's exactly what you were defending the season as a whole and Singapore specifically there is NO difference in the situation to the Mercedes dominance you're opposed to today. You turned yourself inside out trying to explain why there really was a difference without mentioning what you later said about Ferrari and Alonso influencing your opinion, hypocrisy instead of honesty is H word that comes to mind.

Had you simply said that then... we wouldn't be having the discussion now.
By sagi58
Just as people change, opinions change with experience and further education/information.
LAST year, it was "ONLY" Vettel and Red Bull that was so far ahead of Ferrari. THIS year, that
situation has changed. There isn't ""only"" one team ahead of Ferrari.

I didn't know that last year, IF I had, I'd gone to di Montezemolo myself!!

That's NOT hypocritical, that's honesty.
By What's Burning?
Just as people change, opinions change with experience and further education/information.
LAST year, it was "ONLY" Vettel and Red Bull that was so far ahead of Ferrari. THIS year, that
situation has changed. There isn't ""only"" one team ahead of Ferrari.

I didn't know that last year, IF I had, I'd gone to di Montezemolo myself!!

That's NOT hypocritical, that's honesty.

I asked you the question yesterday and your response to the question about it ONLY being Vettel and Red Bull was yesterday... are you saying you had this previously unrealized epiphany about Mercedes' dominance come to you between 4:04 am and 7:08 PM yesterday and that's what led to the drastic change of mind today?

It's actually very entertaining watching you dig this hole.
By sagi58
Seriously? Maybe we need a translator?

Last year, I """""""defended""""""" Red Bull/Vettel, because it seemed that there was only one voice being heard.
I """""""offered""""""" my opinion that Red Bull/Vettel deserved their winning streak/dominance, because they
were ahead of the rest of the grid, including Ferrari. Even though Red Bull dominated, there were races where
there was competition from other teams/drivers on the grid, case in point Ferrari/Alonso in 2011!! There was
dominance; but, it didn't start from the beginning of the year. Sure, it was getting old; but, with the new rules
coming into play for this year, as a fan, there was nothing left to do but wait and hope for the best!!

THIS year, it's pretty obvious that Mercedes is the team dominating. It's pretty obvious they are the ones who
put their best foot forward and haven't had a misstep to speak of. Good on them. BUT, that doesn't mean I have
to be happy about it!! That doesn't mean I can't be fed up with the sort of dominance that starts at the beginning
and, thanks to the new regs, is pretty well guaranteed them for the rest of the season.

Last year, I did NOT understand the full extent of the "freeze", THIS year, I am understanding them better. This
year, my opinion has changed about "dominance".
By What's Burning?
Seriously? Maybe we need a translator?

Last year, I """""""defended""""""" Red Bull/Vettel, because it seemed that there was only one voice being heard.
I """""""offered""""""" my opinion that Red Bull/Vettel deserved their winning streak/dominance, because they
were ahead of the rest of the grid, including Ferrari. Even though Red Bull dominated, there were races where
there was competition from other teams/drivers on the grid, case in point Ferrari/Alonso in 2011!! There was
dominance; but, it didn't start from the beginning of the year. Sure, it was getting old; but, with the new rules
coming into play for this year, as a fan, there was nothing left to do but wait and hope for the best!!

THIS year, it's pretty obvious that Mercedes is the team dominating. It's pretty obvious they are the ones who
put their best foot forward and haven't had a misstep to speak of. Good on them. BUT, that doesn't mean I have
to be happy about it!! That doesn't mean I can't be fed up with the sort of dominance that starts at the beginning
and, thanks to the new regs, is pretty well guaranteed them for the rest of the season.

Last year, I did NOT understand the full extent of the "freeze", THIS year, I am understanding them better. This
year, my opinion has changed about "dominance".

"Ignorance", that's what you just described. That's a much more honest description than "very honest" as you chose to describe it. Fair enough, I'll accept that. I hope going forward you're not so quick to vehemently defend things that you don't fully understand or comment on articles that you haven't read.
By sagi58
"Ignorance", that's what you just described. That's a much more honest description than "very honest" as you chose to describe it. Fair enough, I'll accept that. I hope going forward you're not so quick to vehemently defend things that you don't fully understand or comment on articles that you haven't read.

That's your take. I offered my honest opinion, based on what I knew and what I felt.
Opinions are NOT based solely on facts and figures; but, then, we've already had that
discussion, so there is no need to repeat it.
By What's Burning?

That's your take. I offered my honest opinion, based on what I knew and what I felt.
Opinions are NOT based solely on facts and figures; but, then, we've already had that

Agreed! No facts or figures necessary to have opinions, only necessary to have correct opinion. :thumbup:
By sagi58

Agreed! No facts or figures necessary to have opinions, only necessary to have correct opinion. :thumbup:

And, the "correct" opinion, in your opinion, is... your opinion!! :thumbup:
By What's Burning?

No dearie... that's what facts and figures are for. But you've got your opinions about those too. Here's an example just bring some relevance to this thread.

Ferrari is the best F1 team EVER! <---- opinion
Ferrari is the winningest F1 team, with 221 wins, the next highest team being McLaren with 182. <----- not an opinion.
By sagi58

No dearie... that's what facts and figures are for. But you've got your opinions about those too. Here's an example just bring some relevance to this thread.

Ferrari is the winningest F1 team, with 221 wins, the next highest team being McLaren with 182. <----- not an opinion.

There you go!! :clap: The first one is MY opinion and the second statement backs it up!! :wavey:
((In the broadest sense of the word, "winningest" is the "best... after all, it's been said
"second is the first loser", i.e., NOT the best!!))
By What's Burning?

There you go!! :clap: The first one is MY opinion and the second statement backs it up!! :wavey:
((In the broadest sense of the word, "winningest" is the "best... after all, it's been said
"second is the first loser", i.e., NOT the best!!))

[youtube]uVmU3iANbgk[/youtube]
By spankyham

Actually Ferrari is the losingest F1 team with ~658 losses :hehe:
By sagi58
That famous line is grammatically incorrect:

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."
It should be "on" the plain.

Unless, of course, they meant in the plane?

See our F1 related articles too!