FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Ferrari man 009
Actually apparently Mattiaci's relationship with Bernie was not good, but this new guy has known Bernie for years and they get a long well. Plus, unlike Mattiaci the new guy actually knows something about Formula 1!
By What's Burning?
Actually apparently Mattiaci's relationship with Bernie was not good, but this new guy has known Bernie for years and they get a long well. Plus, unlike Mattiaci the new guy actually knows something about Formula 1!

Courting Bernies favor is how they had their last run of success. Red Bull have it now, can Ferrari buy it back?
By racechick
" they may have to get rid of Arrivebene and replace him with Arrivaderci"

:hehe: I have to score you highly on that one Cookie. That really made me titter.
By What's Burning?
" they may have to get rid of Arrivebene and replace him with Arrivaderci"

:hehe: I have to score you highly on that one Cookie. That really made me titter.

I'd missed that little gem, thanks for pointing it out. :hehe:
By racechick
I don't think Ferrari have given this m&m guy a chance. You can't turn an F1 team around in six months. Look how long Brawn worked on getting Mercedes where they are. Bit by bit, this person in place here, that person in place there, all carefully thought out, all planned. The2014 car programme run a long side the 2013 with a separate team. The engine prgramme started for 2014 while the other manufacturers were....well I'm not sure what they were doing but not making engines from the look of things. Brawn stuck to his guns even when the big guys funding the op questioned things.,and look what we have. lewis joins the team, icing on the cake and then a double world championship and all the other engine makers crying. But it didn't happen overnight. It took years of careful planning and execution to get to this point.

If they wanted someone else to fix Ferrari why not put him in six months ago? They've wasted six months now. Not sure if M&M man made catastrophic errors and that's why he's going, or Ferrari got impatient. For Ferrari's sake I hope it's the former. If they just got impatient then they have no chance.

If they wanted ' man who comes prepared' ( always best to be prepared to come :wink: ) then why not put him in there sixth months ago? M&M man always looks a force to be reckoned with, never smiles when the cameras on him :hehe: but who knows what goes on. I wonder if Ferrari blame him for the departure of Alonso?
Whatever. I don't think he's had a fair chance, and if they didn't want him from the outset they shouldn't have chosen him. Too much political infighting going on maybe?

This gives some answers - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116930

Seems its for more F1 political reasons rather than how well he was doing

Thanks for the link. But my god! m&m man was doing all the right things but gets sacked because he wasn't corrupt enough! :yikes:

"I am fully committed to ensure Ferrari maintains its position of influence in the governance of F1," Marchionne wrote.

That ability to influence F1's corridors of power appears fundamental to the change."

This is soooo bad. I feel really sorry for M&M man and have just gone off Ferrari a bit more. Hope Lewis never goes there. :thumbdown:
By What's Burning?
I felt dirty after reading that. Makes me appreciate the work Ross Brawn and Mercedes put in to get to where they are today.
By CookinFlat6
Translated by Image wrote:">Ferrari unlocks the freezing of the motors!
An agreement has been reached with all the Teams to lift the engine freeze until July

Marco Mattiacci got his first political victory in the Formula 1 Circus. The team principal of Ferrari failed to find unanimity of the teams to move the deadline for the engine freeze. The regulations state a freeze on the 2015 power unit will take effect at the end of February, forcing manufacturers to introduce any changes approved by the FIA (you can change the 48% of the shares) prior to the start of the season.

Ferrari, instead, is promoting an initiative, also agreed upon by Renault and Honda. In the end, Mercedes had to accept that it was a fair change to the rules, after some edgy dealing.

:yikes:

You gotta say, when Sagi turns up on your side the writings on the wall, poor MnM, he never had a chance

to be fair, i think we can safely say MnM got outfoxed by Toto and the Monster Merc gang, maybe the calculator joke didnt help either, naughty Toto :nono:
By Hammer278
I actually started liking MnM...mostly because it seemed very much like he disliked the Fonz as well. :hehe:
By sagi58
...unlike Mattiaci the new guy actually knows something about Formula 1!

I think that was what tipped the scales towards Arrivabene!!
Sure Mattiacci knew who to keep and who to cut loose; but,
now it's time to build and you need the right personnel for it!
By CookinFlat6
Ferrari take the first steps toward recovery

Some media have recently picked up on obvious spying from Ferrari towards other teams, seemingly surprised that this happens in the sport.
Freelance photographer Miquel Liso caused a little stir when he found a woman dressed in Ferrari clothing to spy on Mercedes AMG's pit box during the most recent Abu Dhabi test of November 25 and 26.

See our F1 related articles too!