FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I don't think we have a Ferrari thread......well I couldn't find one. So I decided to rectify it. And here is my first bit of Ferrari news. Ferrari is apparently the worlds most powerful brand.

http://goo.gl/fb/QNgUP

Oh and something I heard last week. Ferrari say this years car is on a different planet to last years :eek: ominous!
By LewEngBridewell
Ferrari seem to have spent the last few seasons not where they want to be, especially at the start of the year. Is this likely to change for 2013, do we think?
By LRW
Ferrari seem to have spent the last few seasons not where they want to be, especially at the start of the year. Is this likely to change for 2013, do we think?

They will win the first race.

:yes:
By bud
Oh and something I heard last week. Ferrari say this years car is on a different planet to last years :eek: ominous!

That was Massa comparing preseason test pace from this year to last.
By CookinFlat6
I don't think we have a Ferrari thread......well I couldn't find one. So I decided to rectify it. And here is my first bit of Ferrari news. Ferrari is apparently the worlds most powerful brand.

Most powerful brand? Who don't spend a penny on advertising, interesting indeed

If Alonso can come within an inch of beating Sebs Red Bull last year, its indeed ominous that this years car is on a different planet already at this stage of testing with Alonso yet to even drive it
By LRW

Most powerful brand? Who don't spend a penny on advertising, interesting indeed

The brand rating takes into account net margins, average revenue per customer, and advertising and marketing spend, as well as qualitative parameters such as brand affection and loyalty.
By CookinFlat6
Exactly, all the more interesting,

because Coke and the rest spend significant amounts on advertising, which means Ferraris F1 budget, as their effective marketing and advertising spend is extremely successful
By What's Burning?
Humans are fickle apparently since they either are loyal to a complex piece of mechanical engineering artistry or to sugar water.
By bud
Exactly, all the more interesting,

because Coke and the rest spend significant amounts on advertising, which means Ferraris F1 budget, as their effective marketing and advertising spend is extremely successful

Consumer products need advertising, their market base is huge in comparison a niche marquee that appeals to 2% of the worlds population doesn't need mass marketing. They go for image which like you said their f1 team is their marketing tool.

Which is interesting in that Ferrari began making road cars to support his F1 team.
By CookinFlat6
Ferrari was interested in racing, he turned down Ford because their interests were not purely racing. Since the old man has gone and Fiat took over the business now needs to satisfy shareholders

Therefore the highly profitable road car company now bankrolls the F1 team and in return the brand shines (despite periods of absolutely no success on track)

Interesting and pretty unique (just like the Ferrari special deal with the FIA)

I wonder what Enzo would have thought of it
By spankyham
Great thread, thanks RC :thumbup:

I wonder what Enzo would have thought of it

Enzo was a car racer pure and simple. He sold his successful bike team to fuel his habit, so making and selling road cars was an easy decision as it gave him $ to race.

Of course it's nice to see them pick up the award, but i, like most Tifosi, would give it up for a competitive car from race 1 this year.

Interested to see how they develop the hole-under-the-nose and what it's purpose(s) really is(are).
By What's Burning?
Interested to see how they develop the hole-under-the-nose and what it's purpose(s) really is(are).

Are they calling it a nostril? Or a mouth? Reminds me a little of a shark's mouth. :hehe:
By spankyham

Are they calling it a nostril?

Shark or Ray .... but I'm kinda partial to this concept

By What's Burning?
:hehe: Then you better get yourself more competent drivers cause I doubt that Felipe or Fernando would be able to figure out how handle it by Melbourne.
By spankyham
:hehe: Then you better get yourself more competent drivers cause I doubt that Felipe or Fernando would be able to figure out how handle it by Melbourne.

Who would you suggest?
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!