FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
I'm sorry sagi but in my opinion trying to get the rules (that everyone has had to abide by) changed because they're behind is more akin to cheating. The constructors championship is just that, who can do the best job within the given rules.
It's like a sprinter saying 'Bolt is faster than me, I should get a 1 second head start, if Bolt doesn't agree to that then it is like he is cheating.'

You're right, the WDC is about building the best engine for each season, within the rules.
No argument there!!

But, no one is asking for a head start. No one is saying Mercedes can't continue to work
on their engine until we can catch up. That's the difference.

Everyone should bring the best they can to each and every race; but, that's not going give
us a more competitive grid if continued development isn't allowed, to some extent.

It's remarkable that a human being even after presented with rules, data as to how those rules came to be decided upon, explained that the perception of what's being called the engine development freeze isn't even really a freeze but more like a reduced frequency of development where teams can develop their 2015 engine throughout the 2014 year but to save costs the completed updated engine can only be implemented by February of 2015 and even after having been pointed to examples of engine development within the season that can still be done for reliability reasons and for cost savings which sometimes do have a performance enhancing effect which Ferrari implemented at least one such upgrades, and even after being made a aware of the fact that performance development gains can still be made during the season through software, even when there are multiple articles and even people within Ferrari themselves stating that the issues aren't just with the engine, but with conservative aerodynamic designs and with handling characteristics of the car can still so obstinately cling to the only thing that they can comprehend or pretend to comprehend that Ferrari is suffering because development isn't allowed.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

[youtube]KOO5S4vxi0o[/youtube]
By sagi58
...A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Especially if it's expected to tow the party line.
By What's Burning?

Tomorrow is always a day away.
By sagi58

Tomorrow is always a day away.

Didn't peg you as the musicals-type!
By 1Lemon
This made me smile

By What's Burning?
Nico's pile looks like a miniature version of Lewis'. And that Austrian GP trophy is the most hideous thing eve handed to a race winner. People are going to want to come in fourth there in order to not display that ghastly think in their homes.
By Hammer278
:D

See our F1 related articles too!