FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
WTF is a picture of Noriega doing in a Merc thread? :rofl:

...anyway I woke up to this.

ESPNF1 Nico Rosberg says he would feel no different about beating Lewis Hamilton to the world championship if it came as a result of the controversial double points finale.

Rosberg fell 24 points behind Hamilton at the United States Grand Prix as his Mercedes team-mate recorded his tenth win of the season. By contrast Rosberg has won four times in 2014 but knows he will have a shot at the title regardless in Abu Dhabi as double points are on offer for the top ten finishers.

That leaves open the possibility Hamilton could lead by more than 25 points going in to Abu Dhabi - the value of one ordinary race victory - but still lose the title if he hits trouble, but Rosberg is nonplussed by that potential outcome.

"It is what it is, I don't really care," Rosberg said. "As long as I have one point more at the chequered flag at Abu Dhabi I don't care why or how. It's the same for everybody ... It's a childhood dream, isn't it, to be F1 world champion? It would be very special."

As if! what else is a guy that parks it in Monaco going to think about the double points rule?
By racechick
It's his only lifeline, so of course he'll start making those noises now.
By racechick
This was Nico's soft tyre after 10 laps today.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By What's Burning?
Jesus Nico is really hard on tires! :wink:

it will be much cooler on Sunday, they won't see those dramastical issues.
By racechick
:hehe::hehe:

It looks like he's taken a gouging knife to it.
By myownalias
Jesus Nico is really hard on tires! :wink:

Which is interested as it was Lewis that was harder on tyres (prior to his time at Merc), Lewis has matured nicely since that point. I have to admit I wish the current tyre and fuel regs would go away so we can see the best going at it hammer and tongs without fuel saving and having to use both compounds of tyre.
By What's Burning?
It's amazing with the tires this year designed to last more and slow things down a bit, the wings designed to reduce aero efficiency and the fuel usage cut by 40% and we're still going race distances at roughly the same clip.

It really is remarkable, and yet we're still hearing about the sound and it not being F1. I hear you about the balls out MOA but doing more with more is easy, doing the same with less, it pretty damned fantastic. As the efficiencies rise, the awe factor will too, trust me.
By racechick
Already this year is so much better than last year. And I don't mean just because Lewis is winning. I mean because they can race more, they can overtake more, and the better drivers make a difference more.
By myownalias
I personally don't care about the sound, yes, the experience is not as visceral but the racing has been better, that being said, I crave the old F1 with fuel stops and unlimited tyres. The cost saving excuse is complete and utter BS, spending is as high as ever and the new V6T Hybrid engine has cost more than keeping the V8.
By darwin dali
I actually prefer the new sound.
I think the down shifts sound amazing

Sacrilege :yikes::eek::yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!