FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Sagi it wasn't just F1 that Mercedes quit

After also winning the Targa Florio, the last major race of the 1955 season, Mercedes-Benz announced that they would no longer participate in factory sponsored motor-sport

and a side note Ferrari and Lotus are joint top of the how many drivers killed in one of our cars leader board with 7 fatalities each

Thanks for the info, Ichabod!! It's a good thing that Mercedes have reconsidered and are participating again.
I guess time heals all wounds.

Re: Ferrari, I guess if you're involved in such a dangerous sport for this length of time, unfortunately,
accidents will happen and all we can do is hope that serious accidents are minimal.
By Hammer278
Terrible news..........for non-Mercedes fans.

2015 Mercedes Engine Rumours

Italian Motorsport publication OMNICOURSE.IT, has got hold of some rather worrying news for MERCEDES’ Competition ahead of the 2015 season. And we’re not even finished with the 2014 championship!

The latest rumor is about a collaboration between Mercedes AMG HPP (Brixworth) and German Engineering company BOSCH. Where they’re set to develop a new Direct injection fuel systems which can operate at 500 bar!

Mercedes’ current Power Unit is already the class of the field, however even it has a few short comings according to HPP Managing Director Andy Cowell.

The current unit isn’t even operating at half that pressure, and the set limit by the FIA is 500 bar. If all is true the new more powerful direct injection Power unit.

Given that the engine manufacturers are allowed by the FIA a maximum of 32 modifications that can be made ahead of the February deadline Mercedes aren’t resting on their laurels.

The new engine’s direct injection system is set to increase performance of the 1.6 ltr v6 unit by 40 BHP, and more importantly, a significant reduction in fuel consumption.
By What's Burning?
Ugh, these "regulations" are just stifling ingenuity in the sport.
By spankyham
I've heard lots of different things about engine mods for next year. What sort of changes can and can't be made with the "32" allowed? Does it equate to a percent of the engine?
By What's Burning?
It can encompass up to 48% if I recall of components.

Not able to properly get the direct link from my iPad but I read this a long time ago and is where I got the info from.

Do a search for Renault could make radical changes for 2015 on the ESPNF1 site.
Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/stor ... wYcJ1Dp.99

Which is the reason I've been so against the attacks on the engine freeze bandwagon.
By CookinFlat6
merc should not rest on their laurels, as I am sure ferrari have some clever innovations for each one of their permitted changes - maybe an algae based engine cover that allows the engine to look lighter than it is
By spankyham
merc should not rest on their laurels, as I am sure ferrari have some clever innovations for each one of their permitted changes - maybe an algae based engine cover that allows the engine to look lighter than it is

It would only have to last 33 more months as F1 will be dust by then and the world will be following Formula E :ROFL:
By Hammer278

It would only have to last 33 more months as F1 will be dust by then and the world will be following Formula E :ROFL:

Ferrari becoming dust just because they suck at adapting to a changing environment doesn't mean F1 needs to follow suit. Hardly anyone noticed Ferrari's sad existence this year and its still been a cracker. :ROFL:
By What's Burning?
There is a lot of headroom for manufacturers to build their engines up for next year. Anyone that falls short on their second attempt... Well no one else to blame, yes?
By spankyham
I'm sure it will take 2 bites IMO to get back. But that's not too long
By CookinFlat6
There is a lot of headroom for manufacturers to build their engines up for next year. Anyone that falls short on their second attempt... Well no one else to blame, yes?

I think Ferrari will step up and order the premium price turbo and ers this time round when they go shopping for their 2015 self assemby engine
By What's Burning?
I'm sure it will take 2 bites IMO to get back. But that's not too long

3 doubles? Hmmm for the first time I might get to know how the other half lives. :cloud9:
By racechick
What would happen if Ferrari applied to have one of the Merc engines? Would Merc say no?

See our F1 related articles too!