FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW
Man, Mercedes REALLY need to sort out their reliability out. They've lost far too many points this year already.
By Hammer278
And even with all that sh!t they could wrap up the WCC mathematically by the next race....with 4 races remaining. :yikes:

2015 promises even more fun...since Brawn stated the W05 project started in tandem with the W06. :twisted:
By Nin-Chin
Merc reliability is still baffling for me. They did the most amount of laps pre season and we were regarded as bulletproof.

But since Canada the car has been having reliability issues for whatever reason.
By CookinFlat6
They have had both cars turned up as the teammates battle and also the further in you get the more wear on each unit in racing not testing conditions and different climates conditions etc from testing, and statistically the more miles the more previously hidden design flaws or other issues with components.

Most significant tho could be paddy taking over the whole tech side and possibly bringing some habits from his previous job - there will have to be some correlation and most definitely blame in view of the fact that he is the absolute chief on tech side
By racechick
This is disappointing about Paddy. A few issues is normal but Merc have had a lot, particularly on Lewis' car. Not all parts failures but still costly oversights ( the fire for instance). And the 2012 unreliability on the McLaren was a contributory factor in Lewis not winning the title that year. It could yet be a factor this year, let's hope not.

On the constructors front, the massive superiority of the Merc renders the unreliability a non issue, but if the cars were closer , and the Red Bull is getting closer, then it would be an issue. So it could be an issue next year.
By What's Burning?
It was Afro Sheen. :hehe:

Mercedes have shed new light on the problem which forced Nico Rosberg to retire from the Singapore Grand Prix.

The team revealed on Twitter that “Forensic analysis has revealed that the steering column electronic circuits were contaminated with a foreign substance.”

“The contamination was not visible and did not manifest itself until Sunday as Nico went to the grid,” the team added. “The result was an intermittent short circuit in the electronic circuits meaning Nico Rosberg could not command clutch or engine settings.”

“Fresh parts will be used at the forthcoming races. Our hard work on reliability processes will continue at the same intensive level.”

Rosberg’s retirement was his second and the fifth for Mercedes this year, all bar one of which were directly caused by technical failures. He lost the championship lead to team mate Lewis Hamilton, who won the race.

Mercedes motorsport director Toto Wolff said the team were trying to get on top of their technical problems and does not want them to interfere with the outcome of the drivers’ championship.

“These things take time to get a grip on – but we will not stop until we stop suffering these DNFs,” he said. “We have had four of them now and it would not be satisfying at all to have the championship decided because one car let the driver down.

“We need to refocus, get our heads down and keep concentrating on preventing these reliability problems reoccurring.”

Mercedes later added the contaminant was “a substance used in normal pre-event servicing of the component”.
By Hammer278
Lol :thumbup:
By Hammer278
This just shared by Merc:

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS added 2 new photos.
11 mins ·
BREAKING NEWS: The MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS ‪#‎F1‬ Team is delighted to announce a new partnership with HUGO BOSS!
Click here to find out more! -> http://f1.benz.me/CPPQE1/
BREAKING NEWS: Das MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 Team gibt eine neue Partnerschaft mit HUGO BOSS bekannt!
Hier klicken für mehr Infos -> http://f1.benz.me/iftJTI/...
See More

Scratch yet another partner who's ditched McLaren to follow the footsteps of our Lewis ( :censored: yeah).
By CookinFlat6
Thats a deadly branding exercise from Merc, especially with that car in the background

They have completely hijacked the McLaren, sleek, clinical, carbon image. You would now expect to see MTC as the perfect Merc HQ.

Amazing how a couple of lame ducks can near destroy a couple of decades in couple of years
By racechick
That really is a bit of a kick in the teeth for McLaren. But OMYGOD ! Don't those two do a job for Hugo Boss! ( phew! :cloud9::thumbup::cloggynmarki::wine::bouncy2::beer::thud::wobble::groucho::bounce: ) those guys look hot!! The suits will walk out the stores! And this is from a girl who definitely isn't into suits, prefer the casual look. But wow!

All that said I'm sad for McLaren. Sad that such a great team are in this position. And much as I'm not impressed with Button and think he screwed things up,it's more Whitmarsh's fault for being a crap TP and allowing it. And why did he become TP? Because Max Mosley screwed over Ron and he had to leave. But he's back and I hope things pick up for them.
In the meantime...Merc drivers in Hugo Boss , Phwoar! They looks good!
By sagi58
...those guys look hot!!... And this is from a girl who definitely isn't into suits, prefer the casual look. But wow!...

Agree with you on both points... Very good looking young men!!

p.s. I thought I'd post the picture for you, RC, so you don't have to keep clicking on the link...
Or have you already set it as your desktop? :D
By racechick
Thanks Sagi, no I hadn't got round to saving the pic.

Take a look at this . Behind the scenes on the photo shoot. Lewis in the leather jacket :ahahah::blah:

[youtube]cmZly4aFWXI[/youtube]

Did the video work?

See our F1 related articles too!