FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By darwin dali
I used to dress up as a Nun, then I got out of the Habit

Sent using NCC-1701

Now you're a full-time nun?
By Frontrunner
Hopefully from now on we can have both Mercs finishing races from here. With Nico's DNF, it sort of squares the ledger a bit now and hopefully this championship is decided on track and not with mechanicals.
By racechick
That would be the best Frontrunner. I hope so!!
By Hammer278
Well it seems that they're finally making sure the luck levels out for both drivers. Lewis had terrible luck twice but managed to work for it in the race, Nico stood no chance.

Spa is becoming a distant memory already, Mercedes has made sure of that. Thanks for the right car to remain reliable in this race! :thumbup:

I hope both cars go for 1-2s from here on in but I doubt it. The Merc seems to be getting more and more unreliable as the season progresses.
By darwin dali
Hm, a late payback for NR's tire-slicing escapade? It would be quite easy for Mercedes to futz around with the steering wheel programming. Hm, conspiracy, conspiracy :eek::P:twisted::hehe:
By sagi58
Hm, a late payback for NR's tire-slicing escapade? It would be quite easy for Mercedes to futz around with the steering wheel programming. Hm, conspiracy, conspiracy :eek::P:twisted::hehe:

Too true; but, we're not like that, are we?
We don't see ghosts in all the dark corners! :nono:
By CookinFlat6

Doesn't really matter though, either way Merc don't want Nico to win the WDC by 'artificial' means, which means they recognise who the better driver is and as we all do as well, then it died t matter if the race was fixed by Merc or not

The better guy is now leading and the media will be buzzing til the next race
By Hammer278
Wolff did say after Spa "If Lewis thinks Nico will get away, he doesn't know what we can do. There's lots we can do". :groucho:

His little chat to Nico when he got out was interesting, I wonder what he said. They did ask Nico during the race but I didn't hear his reply. Maybe something like "your payback is now complete". :twisted:
By sagi58
Wolff did say after Spa "If Lewis thinks Nico will get away, he doesn't know what we can do. There's lots we can do". :groucho:

:yikes: You're not suggesting they chose the wrong engine mode on purpose? :yikes:
By ang4f1
Great race...Great Winner :clap::clap::clap:

Yesterday in Quali...Kimi was looking great...middle of Q3 ...he was P4 when his car had an issue on track & he had to retire.
BBC TV.....DC said that Kimi could leave his car in a position on track to cause yellows & keep his position, but added that Kimi is not like that...he'll park his car out of the way, so as not to cause a problem, this is what he did..... :thumbup:

During the race Kev Mags was complaining of a boiling hot drink bott....He also had a burning butt...
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3165 ... ing-point/

Edit...Whoops... this should be in race thread.. :blush:
By racechick
Great race...Great Winner :clap::clap::clap:

Yesterday in Quali...Kimi was looking great...middle of Q3 ...he was P4 when his car had an issue on track & he had to retire.
BBC TV.....DC said that Kimi could leave his car in a position on track to cause yellows & keep his position, but added that Kimi is not like that...he'll park his car out of the way, so as not to cause a problem, this is what he did..... :thumbup:

During the race Kev Mags was complaining of a boiling hot drink bott....He also had a burning butt...
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3165 ... ing-point/

Agreed Ang! Great race, great result! And full marks to Kimi for his integrity! He's just gone up in my estimation! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!