FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
...I don't think Lewis will be too upset at just being allowed to race the car fast.

I would imagine the rest of the drivers on the grid would be just as happy! :thumbup:

I can think of a couple who might actually be crying.

Tears of joy?
By What's Burning?
...I don't think Lewis will be too upset at just being allowed to race the car fast.

I would imagine the rest of the drivers on the grid would be just as happy! :thumbup:

Tears of joy?

Only if they're driving for Ferrari and are into sadism.
By sagi58

Tears of joy?

Only if they're driving for Ferrari and are into sadism.

Just to be clear, when I said the rest of the drivers on the grid would be just
as happy as Hamilton to drive "the car" fast, I was referring to the Mercedes!
By CookinFlat6
I see thanks. But I guess with he knowledge of the new rules they'd drop some messages or adapt them.I think the ones at the beginning to Lewis would be allowed because he had ' a clearly identifpfiable problem with the car'.

Things like the gap to Nico would be ok . But they'd have to drop the part about where Nico was faster.

The drivers have got used to having all this information, it's been allowed, so of course they will use it to their advantage , but to be honest, I don't think Lewis will be too upset at just being allowed to race the car fast.

I had a closer look at the transcript RC and you are right, the first 4 laps including the parade lap are 7 exchanges between Lewis and Bonnington - his engineer - about fixing his problem and getting back to the front.

Between lap 4 until the pit stop around lap 27 both drivers have 9 exchanges with their engineers, lewis' are mostly about the condition of his car, Nicos has one about 'dont tell me the gap please' and a few coaching him on how to care for his tyres when he locks up BOTH rears and fronts at same time, he is also reassured that other drivers are degrading their tyres (not Lewis tho - he snt mentioned tho Nico was really asking about him)
In this period Lewis' messages are all about getting the car to complete the race reliably yet quickly

Then till the rest of the race both drivers have an equal amount of exchanges, except lewis has an extra 1 to Nicos 2 - but thats because he won the race

Sfunny because when I first looked at the EDITED transcript kindly posted above, complete with red highlights, it really seemed like Lewis has suddenly become gabby on the blower

Oh well, mea culpa!
By sagi58
Sfunny because when I first looked at the EDITED transcript kindly posted above, complete with red highlights, it really seemed like Lewis has suddenly become gabby on the blower

Oh well, mea culpa!

It would seem you didn't notice that the Lap numbers were NOT edited out!
Those FEW messages were exchanged over a period of 24 laps, so I don't
know how you could say that it seemed Hamilton was "gabby".

Of course, you could blame me for not highlighting those, too! :thumbup:
By F2004
Lol.....reading the last couple of pages this funny image just came in my head.

The wiki page on Mercedes F1 team with NO constructor championships ever

Oh yeah support thread...btw Mercedes is awesome. :yawn:
By What's Burning?

So you're saying that a team with no constructor's championships and this only being their fifth year competing is soundly spanking the mighty scuderia week in, week out? That is funny.
By F2004
So bosses here can talk :bs: whenever they want eh. Mercedes competed back to 50s. Now Im laughing more
By What's Burning?
So bosses here can talk :bs: whenever they want eh. Mercedes competed back to 50s. Now Im laughing more

OH, I didn't now they were handing out contructor's championship back in the 50's when Mercedes was also spanking the scuderia's bottom, week in, week out. :thumbup:
By F2004

OH, I didn't now they were handing out contructor's championship back in the 50's when Mercedes was also spanking the scuderia's bottom, week in, week out. :thumbup:

They werent handing them out to losers like 50s Mercedes. Keep the laughs coming please.
By CookinFlat6

:doh: The WCC didnt exist when Mercedes were dominating F1. And since they have been back Ferrari havent won any either, some baboons that have just been trained to pick numbers on a sheet of paper show more reasoning and logical powers than a lot of people who get info from wiki that they do not understand
But I am sure in your case you just overlooked the fact that a team cannot be expected to win something that does not exist

Merc left F1 in 55, first WCC was handed out in 56

another mea culpa :yawn:
By Hammer278
Even the username says it all, some clown living 10 years ago when FIA was manufactured and all the dirty scumbags in Ferrari were also working F1 like their personal puppets. Why is this guy still posting? This is a SUPPORT thread, does the ***** know how to read? Lol

Thankfully we have a couple of real heavyweights like Mercedes and Redbull who have cleaned up the filthy house and made it a lot more neutral and relevant for all competitors and fans alike.

Of course every sport or forum will have a couple of jokers watching reruns of races 10 years back and cry and scream in frustration at their idols' pathetic incapacity to mix it up in the front end while live races are going on.
By CookinFlat6
when i read some posts on here i keep getting a deja vu of the sicko who invaded MS hospital dressed as a priest :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!