FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
Well Eddie Jordan, ONE of the Merc drivers is doing what he wants to do . I don't think the other wanted taking out of Spa and having is quali ruined at Monaco .
By CookinFlat6
Lewis did allude to the team having decided recently 'to let them go for it with each other' this was pretty stupid considering it was ok before. All this stuff about 'taking the gloves off' and 'unleashing them' - obviously *ico thought that meant crashing into your teammate was acceptable if you dont have a rats chance of overtaking
By Hammer278
Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Fans
2 hrs ·
Tobias Gruner of AMuS reports that there is going to be a BIG MEETING in Brackley with ‪#‎Totonator‬, Paddy Lowe, and the drivers about how they approach the following races ‪#‎AMuS‬

I hope they think of giving Lewis at least a 1 race advantage to have a chance to get back what he lost thanks to *ico.
By CookinFlat6
That will never happen, especially as the German press are condemning toto and Niki for slating *ico

The meeting might actually end up worse for Lewis if for example they are forced to let whoever is ahead go unchallenged. As Lewis is more able to pass on track
By racechick
If they have a big meeting it will be ' don't fight any more' and since Nico can't do so fairly anyway it will be advantage Nico and exactly what he wanted. I expect nothing else. However they approach the following races will not bring back the points that Nico stole unfairly from Lewis. Pretty pissed off with the whole situation to be honest.
By What's Burning?
Mercedes is getting pounded in the various F1 websites around the interwebs. Currently the Rodney Dangerfield of the grid. :thumbup:

Better stop the hemorrhaging, and quick.
By CookinFlat6
Nico will revert to form and slip up sooner or later especially with all eyes on him now
, he will jump out the way of the Bottas and riccs bring in disaster
Only opinion of course but let's watch
By racechick
Wish I could get on the Merc Facebook page? They were getting slated after Germany and Hungary, about 90% of posts were killing them. I'd love To get a taste of what's on there after spa. Anyone been on there?
By Hammer278
Yeah I've been on it. The crappy thing is I don't like commenting too much on the page, since it has to show on my home feed (friends see my deranged obsessive comments) and I don't like revealing this side of me. :D

But yeah, they're getting berated and people are asking for *ico to be banned for a race and stuff, but whatever.

Ooh, and this just popped up on my feed:

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS added 2 new photos.
5 mins ·
The people have spoken! 98% of you favour free racing, 2% team orders
Let’s take it one step further. To the 92% in favour of free racing, what sanctions would you impose on a driver who breaks the ‘no contact’ rule? To those who favour team orders, how would you employ them?
Would you suspend a driver for a race and not maximise constructors’ points? Perhaps you’d set the order at qualifying positions, the first corner, or the first pit stop?
Tell us what you think!
By Nin-Chin
Merc are asking fans what to do if a driver broke the non contact rule... Interesting.
By Hammer278
Lets not fking kid ourselves, that rule was in place from Race 1.

So what's the penalty for *ico breaking the rule then? Or are we pretending the rules are only going to be in force from now onwards. :beans:
By stonemonkey
Haha, have merc told the drivers they're going to have a fan vote to decide the action they'll take.
By racechick
Merc will do d!ck s*** to Nico. They're too scared to. And if they're too scared then they should quit putting on any restrictions they can't police, Let's see how Nico fairs then. I think Merc are loosing a lot of kudos here. Best car, best driver, massive screw ups.
By Nin-Chin
Merc are crediting fans for their opinions on this - this could well decide what punishment, if any, that Nico will get.
By racechick
And you think they'll follow through? The fans are overwhelmingly condemning Nico but. I'll eat my hat if they do anything! Nite to self:remember to buy hat made of chocolate just in case!

See our F1 related articles too!