FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
So I will mark you down for 3 then

Have you taken up portrait painting?
By LRW
So I will mark you down for 3 then

Sent using NCC-1701

Well to be honest, I don't like the photos that much.

If ONLY there was an affordable photo studio in the local area I could go to to get some nice photos taken to put on canvas.... :(
By What's Burning?
No pictures or photographs put on to canvass and frame

The only thing that belongs on a canvas and frame is paint! Here's some inspiration.

:director:Now can we stop peddling our wares and get back to celebrating Mercedes?
By racechick
Lauda believes Mercedes cannot be complacent and says for him Barcelona will be a key race.

http://m.f1reader.com/news/lauda-issues ... ning-96544
By Roth
He's right, but they still didn't have to turn up the wick in China, and strolled home again. All the rain hasn't been helpful in seeing where teams are at. Barca will tell us more about the pecking order of the rest than anything - if it's dry.
By bud
It's always the key race to early season form. This is where teams catch up or those out the front keep the gap.
I feel Mercedes will still be fastest but the likes of Ferrari and Redbull will be closer. Still just finishing in double digit deficits.
By sagi58
I was on the "official" F1 site and found this, which I'm sure someone will find interesting:

By sagi58
Sound thinking, as it would seem that Mercedes management are planning ahead and taking all scenarios into consideration!
My hat's off to them, as they are obviously not assuming that it will be an easy season, in spite of the great races, thusfar!!:

, Andrew Benson wrote:">Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberg: Mercedes may rethink team orders

Mercedes say they may be forced to rethink their policy of letting Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg race freely.

The team's current approach led to a thrilling duel in the Bahrain Grand Prix, when Hamilton won a race-long battle with his team-mate.

But team boss Toto Wolff says they may need to adapt if their rivals catch up.

"There might be situations where you can't lose lots of time in battle if you have your enemy right up your back," he said.

"Bahrain was a very particular situation because our package worked very well there and we had quite a competitive advantage, so it's easier to take a decision for the sake of racing because you know you have quite a margin to the guy in third place.

"The narrower that margin gets, the more you have to look out.

"Our rule is that the competition is enemy number one, not your team-mate, so there might be situations in the race where you have to consider that, but we will see what happens." ...
By racechick
I have mixed views about what Totto said re team orders. It depends what he means by team orders. If it means something along the lines of last years team orders, I.e. There is nothing to gain for the team and everything to lose , and teams are closing in on the scoreboard, then maybe, but on a race by race basis.
If it means deciding in the next race or two to back one driver over the other, then I would be against it. It would be awful for whichever driver was asked to play the support role.
By What's Burning?
Context ladies and gentlemen, context. What he's saying is that if Mercedes keeps the dominance they're currently enjoying they'll, without a second thought, continue to let their boys race.
By Ichabod
I've read it as, if Lewis and Nico are fighting for position on track, and someone else like Alonso or Ricciardo are closing in they may be told to hold station
They are not going to have a 1 & 2 driver situation
By racechick
That's good. Fair enough then.
By LewEngBridewell
Makes sense. One just hopes that the drivers don't pay attention to the orders :twisted:
By Nin-Chin
So then, Merc have made the most successful start to an F1 season in history. With 4 wins, 4 poles, 4 fastest laps in 4 races with the added bonus of leading every lap of each race along with three 1-2 finishes shows the Mercedes F1 W05 is one of the most successful cars in Formula One at the moment.

See our F1 related articles too!