FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
Parroting what someone else posts without even thinking about it is not an excuse. I'd appreciate it if you'd please keep that mindlessness in the Ferrari thread.
By LiamCatterson
Parroting what someone else posts without even thinking about it is not an excuse. I'd appreciate it if you'd please keep that mindlessness in the Ferrari thread.

You're looking for a clip around the ear ;)
By sagi58
Parroting what someone else posts without even thinking about it is not an excuse...

:rofl:
By CookinFlat6
Clearly you should stick to cutting an pasting Ferrari propaganda. Those are both pictures of the W05.

Clearly Google can't be trusted... nor the F1Fanatics link below:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/01/28/m ... w05-front/

This link is from a year ago, surely Merc had not released pictures of the W06 back then, I dont even think they had built it back then, or am I missing something here :confused::confused::confused:
By Hammer278
No that's the site she got the W05 from....when comparing the two cars.

To be fair, I first thought the same as WB and wanted to point it out since the nose looked like the new car but the angle is very deceiving.
By Hammer278
Wel you can be sure Lewis and Nico will pay tribute to Schumacher after every race win they achieve in 2015, thanks to MS's amazing development capabilities 3 years ago. :thumbup:
By What's Burning?

Our exuberant mental mounty uses her very own Google web page. Explains a lot.
By sagi58
No that's the site she got the W05 from....when comparing the two cars.

To be fair, I first thought the same as WB and wanted to point it out since the nose looked like the new car but the angle is very deceiving.

I found the same picture on the F1 official site:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 15424.html

Unfortunately, copying and pasting is not allowed from that site.

Regardless, I've figured out, for myself, what the difference is, it's all in the paint and the nose:

mercedes compare.JPG

Last year, part of the mount was painted silver, like the nose, this year's is all black, so it stands out more.

Also, the nose is lower/more streamlined, this year and that makes them more noticeable, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By CookinFlat6

Regardless, I've figured out, for myself, what the difference is, it's all in the paint and the nose:

Ah I finally get it, so on the Merc """support""" thread, you didnt want to ruffle any feathers, but felt compelled to educate the Merc fans on a possible glaring breach of the rules that they had all missed out on noticing due to a lick of paint and a shadow. Ok thats fair enough - especially if it was in the Ferrari thread which does not have a regular flow of fans posting meaningful observations.

The good thing about the Ferrari thread is that anytime their is any post pointing out ""irregularities"", they tend to be based on an actual discreet trigger, or news or a statement etc.

Arbitrary and random putdowns or dampners not based on current factual triggers can sometimes sail over the heads of F1 fans :thumbup:
By CookinFlat6
Seems like everyone is stunned by Rosberg putting on over 100 laps on day one.

Its the highest amount of laps completed on the first day of a winter test for well past the recent V8 era IIRC. Which is really astounding as it could suggest that Merc have ironed out the unreliability of last year that came with a brand new engine formula AND have actually surpassed the 'bullet proofness' of the previous era

as well as smashing the top speed

Oh, yeah whilst using almost half the fuel

and saving your grannys eardrums should you decide to bring her along

But they could be sandbagging
By What's Burning?

Our exuberant mental mounty uses her very own Google web page. Explains a lot.

attack the post not the poster. :rolleyes:

You still posted two pictures of the same 2014 car. Labeling one as the 2015 car.. Please pay more attention when you post in this thread, your dumbed down analysts would have been better had you done that in the first place, if you were genuinely interested in knowing instead of coming here to ask. Would have saved us all a lot of your drivel and you wouldn't look foolish in the process, eh?
By sagi58

Ah I finally get it, so on the Merc """support""" thread, you didnt want to ruffle any feathers, but felt compelled to educate the Merc fans on a possible glaring breach of the rules...

It was a genuine question; but, it would seem that unless one is an expert, questions aren't allowed.

See our F1 related articles too!