FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
Put it this way Jabs, compared to last years Renault, Honda have been handed all their birthdays at once. Even one extra update would be enough to iron out any design flaws or integration errors. These guys are not Ferrari with an aversion to technology or 2 design teams playing politics. Honda can make engines, and their real strength is hybrid tech. The only problem they were facing was the freeze and unreliability if they made a big mistake. Now they have zero excuse for not having a completely sorted solution by race 2 as they can change half the engine if they really wanted

They could turn up with a worse sorted engine than Renault this time last year, but they can fix this by the first race as they are allowed to change 48%, Renault could change anything last year, only reliability.

This is gonna be an even more fascinating first test than last year, Merc turning up with 2 teams on the old and 2 on the new engine, which they might not even race - depending on where the 2 losers and of course Honda are.
By overboost
My worries for Mclaren at the moment is how the Honda engine will compare to the others

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes that is the question, hopefully they are quick and and maybe provide Merc with some competition. But we will see in a couple of days when testing begins.

Likely though Honda will have reliability and systems integration issues that the others had at the beginning races of last season. And unfortunately Merc have a one year head start on Honda on these issues, and a whole year of planned engine upgrades to bring.
By What's Burning?
My worries for Mclaren at the moment is how the Honda engine will compare to the others

I'd be more worried about them making a good car. The engine thing can be fixed and has a linear improvement path. They had the best engine last year and screwed the pooch. I'll put it this way, I have more faith in Honda bringing a good block than I do from McLaren releasing a Kraken of a chassis. Thankfully Alonso is there to put it three spots further up than it belongs.
By Hammer278
Can anyone really see the McLaren-Honda combo being stronger than Mercedes AMG? Because Alonso will still need a better car than Lewis to beat Lewis, as we saw clearly in 2007.
By racechick
Berger tipping Dennis to remain top dog at McLaren despite the internal wrangling going on.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/berge ... laren-job/
By Hammer278

Yes that is the question, hopefully they are quick and and maybe provide Merc with some competition. But we will see in a couple of days when testing begins.

Likely though Honda will have reliability and systems integration issues that the others had at the beginning races of last season. And unfortunately Merc have a one year headstart on Honda on these issues, and a whole year of planned engine upgrades to bring.

By What's Burning?

Likely though Honda will have reliability and systems integration issues that the others had at the beginning races of last season. And unfortunately Merc have a one year headstart on Honda on these issues, and a whole year of planned engine upgrades to bring.

By sagi58

Likely though Honda will have reliability and systems integration issues that the others had at the beginning races of last season. And unfortunately Merc have a one year head start on Honda on these issues, and a whole year of planned engine upgrades to bring.

Initially, everyone has teething pains, that's to be expected.
Some "suffer" more than others; but, in the end, the field levels off!
By racechick
Here's one for Mclaren fans...or Jenson ...or Alonso fans.

[youtube]obRgDko-IpI[/youtube]
By overboost

Tomorrow
By CookinFlat6

Merc are stifling the competition again by Honda choosing to come in a year late, maybe the rules could be changed to bring back the old Honda Civics
By sagi58
, Image Staff wrote:">Time to Make History: McLaren-Honda MP4-30

Published on Jan 29, 2015
It’s been 22 years since McLaren and Honda last raced together, forming a near-unbeatable partnership that dominated Formula 1 in the 1980s and ’90s. The racing landscape may have changed immeasurably since the days of Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, but there are still clear links that bind the two manufacturers together.

Take a close look at the brand-new MP4-30 chassis – the car that will contest the 2015 FIA Formula 1 World Championship – and discover how Honda and McLaren’s racing DNA links this car to one of its most illustrious forebears, 1991’s McLaren-Honda MP4/6.

The successes of our first era together serve as a permanent spur for everybody at McLaren and Honda of the standards we want to achieve together in the future.

[youtube]/yoOT0NiydEA[/youtube]
By racechick
image.jpg

It looks nice but I don't know why they've kept the silver. The silver was from when they were McLaren Mercedes. I think they'd have been better changing the silver to white.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sagi58
Mercedes doesn't have a patent on the colour silver.
In fact, the Honda logo is also silver:

((Silver is esthetically a great colour with black, why not use it?))

See our F1 related articles too!