FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By overboost
Honda's F1 engine factory!

By CookinFlat6
Thats a very long exit road. I bet the employees just love racing along it, Im sure they would be a lot more subtle than Ferrari guys driving Enzo turbos round and round their factory
By LewEngBridewell
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: Best driver line up??? He means oldest I think.

I wouldn't say it was a million miles off, RC. I know you don't rate Jenson, but his performance last season was incredibly good. I loved Mags, but the mammoth difference in points was simply too sizeable to ignore.

So, couple Jenson's VERY high capabilities with Fernando Alonso's renowned ability to make the most of a poor car, then you've got a very capable driver line-up indeed. The best? Not so sure, but certainly very high up there.

I personally would have liked to see Button and Mags together again, to see how Kevin matures over what would have been his second season. But, Alonso is no slouch, and provided no nonsense surfaces as it did in 2007, then McLaren could be looking a little brighter.
By racechick
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: Best driver line up??? He means oldest I think.

I wouldn't say it was a million miles off, RC. I know you don't rate Jenson, but his performance last season was incredibly good. I loved Mags, but the mammoth difference in points was simply too sizeable to ignore.

So, couple Jenson's VERY high capabilities with Fernando Alonso's renowned ability to make the most of a poor car, then you've got a very capable driver line-up indeed. The best? Not so sure, but certainly very high up there.

I personally would have liked to see Button and Mags together again, to see how Kevin matures over what would have been his second season. But, Alonso is no slouch, and provided no nonsense surfaces as it did in 2007, then McLaren could be looking a little brighter.

You are right Lew, it's not a million miles off. It's not a bad pairing at all, not the best in my view but a good one. I know I have issues with Jenson and the way he goes about his business, but he is a safe pair of hands. If there are points on the table, Jenson will most often scoop them up. What he won't do is go searching out those points that aren't on the table. Lewis does that every time, Alonso does it a lot and Mags tries it as well. The trouble is that Mags fell off the table a few times trying. But if he irons out those little errors and gains more consistency he will be the faster I think. I suspect Alonso thinks so too which is why he would have been pushing for Button to get the drive. Button with 'clauses' I would imagine. Alonso doesn't want to run the risk of another near rookie showing him the way home. Ron gets someone who maximises the points, Alonso feels less threatened and Button gets hs drive. A happy solution all round except for Mags, and I wouldn't bet against him having been made promises for the future.
By LewEngBridewell
A happy solution all round except for Mags, and I wouldn't bet against him having been made promises for the future.

I hope so, I'd like to see him again further down the line. :yes:
By Jabberwocky
I bet their will be some odd sounding Honda Civics popping to the shop and back on that entrance way to the factory

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By Jabberwocky
Things are afoot at Mclaren, they have had a name change

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By CookinFlat6
If you mean to mtg, that was already done at the start of the year
McLaren group to McLaren technical group

Unless you mean the f1 race enry name from Honda McLaren to something else- then that would have to be sponsor motivated
By Hammer278
Just sharing this vid for any McLaren fans in this forum. It's the time when I was in love with the team....until I started falling out of love with it when RD brought in Montoya to replace DC and then the real wtf moment when RD signs whatshisface to replace Kimi.... .I.

[youtube]FcEDhJc-EyY[/youtube]
By racechick
oh I still loved it during the Montoya time :cloud9: in fact I think that's WHEN I fell in love. Fell out when Whitmarsh's plans became frustratingly clear.
By What's Burning?
Aaaand I'm still in love with the team :D:wink:

You just liked the certain je ne sais quoi of homo-eroticism that Whitmash brought to the team.

See our F1 related articles too!