FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
McLaren said that they'd announce a title sponsor before the end of last season, that didn't happen.

McLaren then said they'd announce their title sponsor at the launch of this year's car, that didn't happen.

Now we're headed down the road with the same thing about their driver pairing for next year. I know they'll announce their drivers at their launch next year but it's hard to respect the credibility of an entity that keeps doing this crap over and over.
By CookinFlat6
Ron has form for this. lewis only got the nod for the Mclaren seat during the winter break 2006. Ron does not mind waiting till the last moment in the hopes of getting the best solution possible. Button also has form for changing his mind and agitating to exit signed contracts at the last moment if something better comes along.

He was signed at one team, then agitated and called the lawyers to break that to go back to Williams, and then sued Williams to break that contract to go for a big cheque at BAR - even before starting at williams. Normally when a smart driver has not been confirmed he will be making other arrangements and speaking to other teams instead of bleating to the press about unfairness. and I am sure Kevin has an idea of Rons plans for him - its only Button who wont have any clue because Ron doesnt even consider him worthy of hanging on for the place, same regard as for the former insidious lame TP - the only reason jenson hasnt been confirmed as out is as a stand by should the worst come about - that RoGro isnt able to start should Alonso fail to sign

this is what jenson said about LMP at the end of last year

But while the 33-year-old's current McLaren deal expires at the end of this season, Button has revealed that racing at Le Mans does not appeal to him.

"Le Mans never really ticked the boxes for me," he said.

"You are racing with cars that are so much slower, in different categories, and dodging cars throughout the whole race is not something that I have ever got that excited about.

"Maybe I will when I drive one of them and drive at Le Mans, because I'd love to drive around the Le Mans circuit in a sportscar, but it's just having different categories racing together that I am not keen on.

"But each to their own as obviously a lot of people do love it."
By CookinFlat6
yeah, in keeping with the 'we keep the trophy, you get the model' no wonder he left, but at least he was promised an LMP McLaren F1 by Ron

Button was promised in public, a kiss on both cheeks AND inbetween by the other guy if he won a race one time :yikes:
By Hammer278
LOL Lewis is like, So I won ya'll a championship after 9 years......for this.
By LRW
Oh you guys are just going to CREAM yourselves.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29723594

McLaren sporting director Sam Michael is to leave at the end of the season.

A McLaren spokesman said the 43-year-old resigned in March after saying he wanted to return to his native Australia with his family.

The spokesman "categorically denied" reports that technical director Tim Goss and chief operating officer Jonathan Neale were to be fired in the near future. He said: "They are not leaving and there are no plans for them to leave."

The spokesman said the team "regretted" Michael's decision to leave McLaren and Formula 1.

"It's been 21 awesome years in F1," said Michael. "Loved every minute of the racing and the people, but it's time to go home - and on with the next challenge."

Michael informed chairman Ron Dennis of his decision to return home with his family seven months ago, but it was agreed at the time that he would continue in his role with the team for the rest of the season.He has worked for McLaren since 2012, joining them after resigning from his position as technical director at Williams in early 2011. The roles of Goss and Neale have been under scrutiny for some time as a result of McLaren's poor performance in the last two seasons. But the spokesman said reports that they were to leave the team were "completely untrue".

McLaren are undergoing an internal reshuffle under Dennis this season in an attempt to return them to competitiveness. Former Red Bull head of aerodynamics Peter Prodromou has started work as chief engineer and is expected to have a significant input into next year's car.

Inevitably, the arrival of such a high-profile figure will lead to a shifting of responsibilities within the team.......
By CookinFlat6
2 down 1 to go for the disturbing Macca wrecking crew.

Interesting how 2 of them are straight out of F1 completely cos no one will have em after the dismantling of McLaren

yet one of them is still bleating in the media about unfairness and he can't understand why they would t wanna keep him (and presumably even increase his 15m wage)

:rofl:
By What's Burning?
This is fabulous news for McLaren.

[youtube]UJrYaby2X4I[/youtube]
By CookinFlat6
That reminds me, Whatever happened to that 'colourful' Max Chilton fan, he hasnt been seen since Scochi :scratchchin:
By LH44
Long overdue. It made no sense when McLaren recruited him and it still makes no sense now. He says he wants to go back to Australia but doesn't he do this every year at the first race of the season. Another useless acquisition by Whitmarsh who can't tell his arse from his elbows. Slowly, Ron is removing the barriers that stopped this team from winning.
By bud
He says he wants to go back to Australia but doesn't he do this every year at

You do realise there is a difference between living somewhere and visiting do you not?
By racechick
Go Ron! He must have been distraught watching that pack of clowns undo what he took years to build up.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
By myownalias
This 'support' thread is really rather amusing; most of the posts are actually made by non McLaren fans... don't mind me, carry on... :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!