FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I think it's probably not for me. Mobile phones test me , that would definitely be a step too far. :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
I would give it a go. However I would of probably lost half the parts by the time part 12 turns up

Sent using NCC-1701
By LRW
######BREAKING NEWS#######

McLaren have just officially announced that they have parted ways with Martin Witmarsh !!

:yikes:

Did not see that one coming?!?

LINK

Martin Whitmarsh leaves McLaren team principal role

Martin Whitmarsh has officially left his role as McLaren team principal after spending 24 years with the team.
Ron Dennis took control of the team when he was appointed chief executive officer in January.

Whitmarsh worked as head of operations, managing director and chief executive before taking over from Dennis as team principal in 2009.

A McLaren spokesman said: "McLaren and Martin Whitmarsh have agreed amicably to part company."

After gaining control of the team at the start of the year, Dennis formed a new management structure, with Eric Boullier as racing director and Jonathan Neale appointed Group F1 CEO.

Dennis had been in dispute with Whitmarsh for two years and had tried to remove his former protege from his position on several previous occasions.

McLaren had their worst season for three decades in 2013, failing to secure a podium finish for the first time since 1980.
They are currently fifth in team standings with seven races remaining in the 2014 season.
By What's Burning?
it is better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all. :hehe:
By racechick
Well Martin certainly loved and lost!
By CookinFlat6
it is better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all. :hehe:

thats exactly what button will be feeling the closer the end (of the season) comes
By CookinFlat6
Maybe better to turn it around and consider who would want him instead of who they might already have or could get
By Frontrunner
I didn't even know he was still working at McLaren when he lost his TP position, oh well, So what was he even doing at McLaren, cleaner, shoe shiner??
By Hammer278
I didn't even know he was still working at McLaren when he lost his TP position, oh well, So what was he even doing at McLaren, cleaner, shoe shiner??

He was still under contract, that's all. Probably staying at home in his loafers likeaboss.....and Jenson's Anti Dandruff commercial playing in loop on his 60" screen.

See our F1 related articles too!