FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
What still grips me is that when HRT collapsed no one gave a s***. I feel that Caterham is going to be the same. At least HRT made it to the end of the season

Sent using NCC-1701
By Frontrunner
Can't even pay Pirelli for tyres, wow they are in deep, Caterham could be going round Suzuka on rims.
By What's Burning?
And all of the sudden Toro Rosso's car is sitting on on cement blocks... :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
I find it interesting that they have to pay pirelli, it is not a right to them as an entry to the championship

Sent using NCC-1701
By 1Lemon
I find it interesting that they have to pay pirelli, it is not a right to them as an entry to the championship

Sent using NCC-1701

Yeah I always wondered that, is the fact that they have to use a Pirelli and they have Pirelli's logo plastered everywhere.
By What's Burning?
All teams pay Pirelli for their tires. TBF, the amount of rubber brought to the events and the amount of tires they go through on a GP weekend. Imagine even if it was just a couple hundred dollars a tire. Now throw in the man power and logistics to do that twenty times a year around the world. I read that it doesn't even come close to offsetting their cost. It was away to make up for the fact that everyone, Pirelli included wanted to go with 18" rubber to be more relevant.
By Jabberwocky
I read that all the tyres get shredded after every even if they where used or not as it was cheaper that shipping tyres around the world

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58
All teams pay Pirelli for their tires. TBF, the amount of rubber brought to the events and the amount of tires they go through on a GP weekend. Imagine even if it was just a couple hundred dollars a tire. Now throw in the man power and logistics to do that twenty times a year around the world. I read that it doesn't even come close to offsetting their cost. It was away to make up for the fact that everyone, Pirelli included wanted to go with 18" rubber to be more relevant.

I wonder, how much would they pay if they were to sponsor an F1 team?
Ooops... in this case, ALL the F1 teams!!

Seems to me, they have it made, when it comes to "free" advertising!
By What's Burning?
Here we are shocked about Caterham, but it's not like Sauber, Lotus and FI are that much better off. Okay, Lotus and FI have a little more of a fighting chance, but Sauber is struggling big time.
By Jabberwocky
Lotus borrowed a lot of money from the UK government at the end of last year to stay afloat.

Sent using NCC-1701
By CookinFlat6
Lotus could actually be the place to be out of all those basket cases listed

An actually rich billionaire might be about to take it over, pay Merc for engines and bring Alonso back alongside his 12 year old son
By Jabberwocky
I heard he was talking to Marussia after it all fell through with Sauber.

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!